UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> My God these fake BB's (Poss Fake BJJ BB in Idaho)

12/30/10 12:38 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Uncle Skippy
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/04/11 4:43 PM
12/30/10 12:39 AM
EatonBeever
358 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Uncle Skippy -  MOAR!!

This thread is about to take off..................

Watch out David Lang, there is a new Fake Fighter in Town.  And he's here to make waves....
12/30/10 12:40 AM
Sliced
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ LMFAO. Moo thai striking?
12/30/10 12:42 AM
Uncle Skippy
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/04/11 4:44 PM
12/30/10 12:52 AM
nikondaroad
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You are the man Skippy!!
12/30/10 12:54 AM
EatonBeever
358 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yeah, major props to Skippy who seems to be on the case since Day 1.
12/30/10 12:57 AM
QuikSwick
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/30/10 1:02 AM
so this guy is basically saying he received his black belt in a little over 2 years......... to my knowledge that would be one of the fastest BB's in recorded history if not the fastest.... this guy doesn't even try to be subtle and blend in..
12/30/10 1:00 AM
Uncle Skippy

Edited: 02/04/11 4:44 PM
12/30/10 1:04 AM
M0NARCH
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LMFAO this kid is fucked.
12/30/10 1:10 AM
nikondaroad
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FUCKED!!
12/30/10 1:11 AM
HexRei

someone in the region should go hit on his fiancee.
12/30/10 1:17 AM
BrCutter
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/30/10 1:18 AM
Uncle Skippy -  Smokers where you get a time-out to switch gloves?

You da fucking man Skippy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I blinked and wham!!  The other claims are hilarious, but switching gloves???? lolz  I'm laughing so hard right now.  This guy is so fucked.  

+1

12/30/10 1:18 AM
M0NARCH
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL watch out Hex, I heard this guy's a BB under the Machado brothers! I sure wouldn't want him catchin me hittin on his ol' lady
12/30/10 1:19 AM
Sakuraba is God

LOL this guy is truly fucked! DOOMED!
12/30/10 1:20 AM
piratepirate
615 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well I assume him not being registered with the IBJJF is pretty much a done deal.
How many BB's do you think aren't registered for competition?

12/30/10 1:27 AM
BrCutter
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

piratepirate -  Well I assume him not being registered with the IBJJF is pretty much a done deal.

Just judging by lower turnouts after they incorporated the registration card rule for bb's, I think the majority aren't.

Barvo states on his website that he's training for competitions in 2011.  He also stated on a website (circa July 2010) that he was training for the nogi Pans and the nogi Worlds for 2010.  That didn't happen.    
12/30/10 1:30 AM
hmeboy
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is unbelievable.
12/30/10 1:35 AM
piratepirate
615 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BrCutter - 
piratepirate -  Well I assume him not being registered with the IBJJF is pretty much a done deal.

Just judging by lower turnouts after they incorporated the registration card rule for bb's, I think the majority aren't.

Barvo states on his website that he's training for competitions in 2011.  He also stated on a website (circa July 2010) that he was training for the nogi Pans and the nogi Worlds for 2010.  That didn't happen.    

So obviously in the case of anybody doing pans or worlds you would HAVE to be registered right?
12/30/10 1:42 AM
BrCutter

Edited: 12/30/10 1:42 AM
piratepirate - 
BrCutter - 

So obviously in the case of anybody doing pans or worlds you would HAVE to be registered right?

Correct.  The registration card rule went into effect for the 2010 Worlds (beg of June 2010).  So, from the World's and on, anything ibjjf event would require the competitor to have in his/her possession the registration card to compete.  Since the gi Pans were in April, it wasn't required.  Barvo claims to have been preparing for two events after the Worlds, hence the necessity of the card.  The black belt divisions were pretty small at the nogi Pan Ams for medio and lower and I don't remember seeing a Matt Barvo.    
12/30/10 1:46 AM
EatonBeever

hmeboy - This is unbelievable.

I agree.  David Lang doesn't have shit on this kid...

This kid takes the cake Darrow style.

But I am seeing Matt Malice-esque more than Darrow.  Darrow at least showed up to fight twice. Pretty sure when this kid realizes how fucked he really is, he will without a doubt either apoligize or run like a coward and hide on Tatooine from the UG Empire.
12/30/10 1:47 AM
M0NARCH

This guy's a prime candidate for a dojo storm. Forging certificates and promoting kids? Supreme douche. Also badmouthing other local dojos? I think Barvo is worse than Lang.

Has anyone made contact yet? I wonder if he knows there's people onto his scam, here and at bullshido?
12/30/10 1:52 AM
piratepirate

BrCutter -
 Correct.  The registration card rule went into effect for the 2010 Worlds (beg of June 2010).  So, from the World's and on, anything ibjjf event would require the competitor to have in his/her possession the registration card to compete.  Since the gi Pans were in April, it wasn't required.  Barvo claims to have been preparing for two events after the Worlds, hence the necessity of the card.  The black belt divisions were pretty small at the nogi Pan Ams for medio and lower and I don't remember seeing a Matt Barvo.    

With or without the cards do they keep a public list of who competed?
12/30/10 1:54 AM
piratepirate

M0NARCH - This guy's a prime candidate for a dojo storm. Forging certificates and promoting kids? Supreme douche. Also badmouthing other local dojos? I think Barvo is worse than Lang.

Has anyone made contact yet? I wonder if he knows there's people onto his scam, here and at bullshido?

I have emailed him a few times asking who he got his BB from and when.
No answer.

12/30/10 1:56 AM
BrCutter

It sounds like the other academies in the area have been rather patient with this doucher considering the comments he made about the other academies on his site.  The other academies have instructors that have questionable criminal pasts and are blue and purple belts that teach a tech or two and then sit in their office?  The other legit schools in the area have the right to nuke this bitch.  
12/30/10 1:58 AM
nikondaroad

Edited: 12/30/10 2:02 AM
From ehow.com:

Updated July 20, 2010
From ehow.com:

Updated July 20, 2010
Team Samurai MMA Training Center

Team Samurai MMA Training Center is a top training center in the Northwest that educates students of all ages and skill levels. Its classes include Fight Fitness, Wrestling, Muay Thai Kickboxing, Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu and Mixed Martial Arts. People sign up for classes for different reasons such as improving their fitness, honing their skills or upping their game in competitions. Instructor Thomas Turner has 10 years of experience in wrestling, and instructor Matthew Barvo has 11 years of experience in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.

Team Samurai MMA Training Center

505 NW 1st St.

Ontario, OR 97914

208-550-4076

samuraimma.weebly.com

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.