UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> My God these fake BB's (Poss Fake BJJ BB in Idaho)

12/28/10 1:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Uncle Skippy
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/04/11 4:39 PM
12/28/10 2:02 PM
EatonBeever
450 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

my god this fake black belt....

He won't school 99.9 percent of the UG.

That's what people said about Darrow when he first was brought to the UG's attention.
12/28/10 2:26 PM
EatonBeever
450 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ricky as a black belt.  I guess in Matt Barvo's school you start as a black and work your way down to a blue.
12/28/10 2:50 PM
MotorBoater85
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In 5 pages late ... this guy seems like a complete douche.  2 hours at the gym every night to keep up his six pack??  What a fuckin tool bag.
12/28/10 2:54 PM
bgup619
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think that video shows the purple belt was pretty intimidated at first thinking he was going aginst a giant BB. However, after the first minute or so I think it shouldve been clear that this guy is no BB. He looked like a new white belt, no posture no technique. I can say as a 160 purple belt Id run through that guy without breaking a sweat.. Arm drag, back take, choke.... repeat..
12/28/10 3:08 PM
EatonBeever

bgup619 - I think that video shows the purple belt was pretty intimidated at first thinking he was going aginst a giant BB. However, after the first minute or so I think it shouldve been clear that this guy is no BB. He looked like a new white belt, no posture no technique. I can say as a 160 purple belt Id run through that guy without breaking a sweat.. Arm drag, back take, choke.... repeat..

Exactly !  A lot of the game of grappling is also mental...     I think most of the UG would be in the exact same position, thinking 'oh shit, this guy is a black belt, got to stay cautious' - and then you realize he's just a fat fuck with a McDojo black belt.
12/28/10 3:14 PM
Southpaw'd

fuck this guy.
12/28/10 3:14 PM
boisefireman
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/28/10 3:15 PM
My name is Matt Owen. I'm the purple that went against Ricky in the video. Two points. 1 props to Ricky for going to a blue belt. Had to be hard and ego crushing but good for you to be real with yourself. 2. I have worked hard for 5 years to get a purple. Many trips to pan ams , grapplers quest and many more tourneys with no faking. How does someone stand in front of a group of new guys wanting to learn bjj and tell huge lies and go home and live with themselves.
12/28/10 3:32 PM
boisefireman
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Btw I turn 43 yrs old in April. Something I'm very proud of
12/28/10 4:05 PM
MotorBoater85

boisefireman - My name is Matt Owen. I'm the purple that went against Ricky in the video. Two points. 1 props to Ricky for going to a blue belt. Had to be hard and ego crushing but good for you to be real with yourself. 2. I have worked hard for 5 years to get a purple. Many trips to pan ams , grapplers quest and many more tourneys with no faking. How does someone stand in front of a group of new guys wanting to learn bjj and tell huge lies and go home and live with themselves.

Good for you man.  What you have is something to be proud of.  It really is astonishing that people can live in such deceit and not be bothered by it in the least.

They are called scum bags.
12/28/10 4:18 PM
thebisket
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

very strange. I have no idea what people think but it seems very strange Phone Post
12/28/10 4:20 PM
EatonBeever

boisefireman - My name is Matt Owen. I'm the purple that went against Ricky in the video. Two points. 1 props to Ricky for going to a blue belt. Had to be hard and ego crushing but good for you to be real with yourself. 2. I have worked hard for 5 years to get a purple. Many trips to pan ams , grapplers quest and many more tourneys with no faking. How does someone stand in front of a group of new guys wanting to learn bjj and tell huge lies and go home and live with themselves.

Hey Matt !  Congrads on your purple and victory over the Douche Bag's sidekick...

12/28/10 4:30 PM
Bo Bice

I sent his student the link. His student will be coming on here as soon as he can to clear up his name and try n help Matt.
12/28/10 4:30 PM
EatonBeever

thebisket -  very strange. I have no idea what people think but it seems very strange Phone Post

This all is VERY strange.

I think the strangest part is how this kid just has the balls to say he's a black belt in our community.   It's like playing with fire, in my opinion.  If you piss off the wrong guy at work, you can lose your job.  You piss off the wrong guy in our community , you could lose your air supply and have your arm broken....  It takes balls to lie in our sport and piss off fellow pro fighters.

I know mmaguy and Jump Kick will join this thread after the David Lang dies down, but I am doing my own detective work on thiese skum bag piece of shit.

I won't say what I information I've gotten, but I have a legit source that I'm talking to that could shed some light on this subject, but we'll have to wait.
12/28/10 4:31 PM
EatonBeever

Bo Bice - I sent his student the link. His student will be coming on here as soon as he can to clear up his name and try n help Matt.

Is it Ricky ?  I wouldn't send his students in here just yet, but whatever you want to do...  It's a public forum.
12/28/10 4:45 PM
fentsky

yeah we should probably try to hold off on any contact, but at least there's already a bunch of evidence in the bullshido thread to use.
12/28/10 4:47 PM
Bo Bice

EatonBeever - 
Bo Bice - I sent his student the link. His student will be coming on here as soon as he can to clear up his name and try n help Matt.

Is it Ricky ?  I wouldn't send his students in here just yet, but whatever you want to do...  It's a public forum.

No this is a student who Matt lived with a while back and is claiming everything Matt has said is true. He Also said they had L.V live with them when he came to Idaho to do a seminar at Team Beast
12/28/10 4:50 PM
EatonBeever

Bo Bice - 
EatonBeever - 

No this is a student who Matt lived with a while back and is claiming everything Matt has said is true. He Also said they had L.V live with them when he came to Idaho to do a seminar at Team Beast

A boyfriend ?

I thought Leo Vieria cancelled that seminar...

This guy has some pretty big balls claiming shit about Veira brothers as well as promoted Battlecade 3 and 4 vetern, Todd Bjornethun.

This guy fits the pattern of Bailey, Jam Man, Darrow, Martinez, Malice, and Lang like a glove.

Wowowowow...

12/28/10 4:58 PM
Archangel

well im confused.. there were two fake bb at the school and one got demoted?

Hello Matt! hows the school? any changes?
12/28/10 5:08 PM
Corky22

ttt
12/28/10 5:11 PM
EatonBeever

Archangel - well im confused.. there were two fake bb at the school and one got demoted?

Hello Matt! hows the school? any changes?

Yes....

It seems there is a chance to kill two birds w/ one stone...

Matt Barvo, a 25 year old kid who is obsessed with his high school girlfriend, taking pics of himself and promoting students in the sport of BJJ is running TEAM BEST BJJ, a school in Idaho.  He claims he is a black belt under the Viera brothers and is an affliation of Team Checkmat / Fightzone. 

A giant afro american black dude with little skill is claiming to have gotten his black belt in 1996 and competed in the Idaho tournament as a black, to lose by armbar to Keith Owen, a purple belt.  After the word got out that the school is a fraud and full of lies, Ricky is not listed as a newly blue belt. 

It seems there are two fake fighters within the same school. 

12/28/10 5:22 PM
EatonBeever

Guy in question..
12/28/10 5:24 PM
Gnarly219

I used to grow really tired of these threads, but once I joined a gym, had to pay dues, and realized the hard work REAL pros put in for what seems like close to nothing (in terms of training classes), I can completely understand and appreciate all the work the UG Mob does. People who really did/do put in all that time to become real BB's are losing students (and $, although I'm sure that's secondary to the teaching itself) to people like this douche.

Kudos to those of you who put in the time, both at the gym and uncovering these phonys.
12/28/10 5:39 PM
Uncle Skippy

Edited: 02/04/11 4:40 PM
12/28/10 5:51 PM
EatonBeever

Uncle Skippy - 
EatonBeever - 
I thought Leo Vieria cancelled that seminar...

Leandro did the seminar at the end of May. Leo was scheduled to do a seminar in 'late summer' but that was cancelled.

I was in touch with a couple of guys at Fight Zone back in May. I wrote to confirm Matt's claim that Leandro was scheduled for a seminar. They confirmed the seminar was scheduled.

The point needs to be made that Matt Barvo did not receive his black belt from one of the Vieira brothers. He is affiliated with Checkmat/Fight Zone now, but previous claims were that a 'Tom Cicero' gave him his black belt (on top of his other training claims that I listed earlier in this thread).

SOOOOO... He had Vieira come to his school for seminar.  Prolly paid him a lot of money, so then he decided he could claim to be an affliate of Vieria / Checkmat because he did a seminar there ?!?!?

And then he sites Tom Cicero as the person that promoted him to black belt ? ?

Wow......

This guy is a clown.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.