UnderGround Forums

Georgia Underground >> Who is the best Heavyweight in Georgia?

12/26/10 3:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Stephen Eakin
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Give who you think is the best Heavyweight in GA. I dont know of many that are on the local scene. Some of the better guys IMO are myself, Bobby Peavler, Nick Smiley, and Mark George. Who am i missing?
12/26/10 5:48 PM
yoyo6314
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't think of too many off the top of my head besides who you already named. GA has a ton of skilled guys in lighter divisions though. The next Wild Bills Fight Night with Elmore vs Saravia should be an awesome match up.
12/27/10 1:13 PM
Adam Singer
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Add Chris Barrnet to the list.
12/28/10 7:53 PM
Stephen Eakin
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hadnt seen any of Barnetts fights until just now. That guy is a powerhouse, and has beat some legit guys.
12/29/10 7:49 PM
cauliflowerear

I'd have to add SCOTT "THE BEAR" BARRETT TO THAT LIST
1/1/11 1:13 PM
Adam Singer
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barrett is the real deal also. I had Barrett and Barnett training at The HCG the other day. They are two monsters.
Adam

PS If Thorpe comes back he is another solid GA HW.
1/4/11 1:20 PM
chasedelong
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

guy named Stephen Eakin. dont know if u have ever head of him though
1/5/11 2:16 PM
Stephen Eakin

Zing!
1/13/11 7:00 AM
Jamie Levine

Stephen Eakin, Please contact me. I have a fight for you.
1/14/11 4:39 AM
nicksmiley83

I would say that HardCore now has the best HW crop around. I personally believe that Barrett and Barnett, now that he has moved to Georgia, are the two best. Record wise Scott is number 1, with Barnett a close second.   But records are deceiving.  Having been helping the two of them prepare for upcoming bouts, I will say that Scott's wrestling and strength are his keys to success, and Barnett has a gas tank that does not read empty, as well as standup that is so unorthodox (crazy good) that Adam tells him to just be Chris when we spar. Sick ass foot work.  I think I'm the mix but am a long way from the top, I am blessed to call them both friend and training partner. Having been at HCG since May, despite injury and illness, I have progressed farther than I ever imagined I could, as I'm sure they will as well. We couldn't do it without everyone at HardCore, primarily Adam. With him being a Heavy himself, he knows just what to emphasize and how to push us. We are lucky to have him as a coach. With that being said, y'all know the saying "Iron sharpens Iron", with Adam and Rory coaching us and handling everything so all we have to do is train. WE WILL BE RAZORS.  This year is the year of the HardCore Heavyweight. Scott Barrett, Chris Barnett, and Nick Smiley WILL be on the lips of every promoter, reporter, trainer, opposing fighter, and fan....... Take that to the bank!!!
1/14/11 9:55 AM
cauliflowerear

I agree 100% GO HARDCORE
1/14/11 3:28 PM
Adam Singer

What Nick forgets is that the best HW fighter in GA is Me.LOL
Adam Singer
1/14/11 4:49 PM
nicksmiley83

In all seriousness Adam, I consider you the best by far......   A World Champion if u competed.   Like I said we at HCG are lucky to call you friend and coach. But I'm still gonna try to rattle that gourd on Monday...... 
1/14/11 5:48 PM
nogi4me

Edited: 01/14/11 5:50 PM
IDK about Mark George he is like 1-1 as a pro I think. I would say Scott Barrett is the best by far.
1/14/11 8:04 PM
wopgenius

It's good that there's a bunch of quality HW's up there. Its hard to find solid training partners. I know Barnett can't get that kind of work down in FL. He has to gym jump just so he can have one decent guy to spar every now and then. Kid is crazy athletic too. watch the trampoline video on his site!!!

www.thebeastboy.com
1/14/11 8:53 PM
yoyo6314

I am by far the best heavy weight keyboard warrior in the state. My record is 200-0 and I'm a blackbelt in UFC
1/14/11 11:17 PM
Adam Singer

Thats my point. I am totally undefeated and I trane UFC every day.
1/15/11 12:18 AM
yoyo6314

Mr. Singer I am willing to bet my collection of shirts with dragons, crosses, and skulls far outnumber yours and therefore makes me the superior Ultimate Fighter.
1/15/11 3:20 PM
Adam Singer

THat may be true but my collection of comic books is far superior. Seriously.
Adam
1/15/11 5:33 PM
Stephen Eakin

I didnt know Barnett was in Ga, and Barrett is def a good fighter. I thought he was robbed in Bellator. Whats the policy on visitors at Hardcore?
1/16/11 12:26 AM
yoyo6314

I bow in humble defeat to Mr. Singer
1/16/11 9:56 PM
nicksmiley83

Eakin , $300 per week gets you a week of training, place to stay, and pays for your meals.   If you come up you'll give us a look at what you got which could bite you in the ass later on.....  LOL   JK  
1/29/11 2:25 PM
Shope_1990
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cauliflowerear - I'd have to add SCOTT "THE BEAR" BARRETT TO THAT LIST

Yea, Barrett is a monster for sure.
3/9/11 4:40 PM
Stephen Eakin

Ok so we have official rankings now. I believe a couple guys are ranked a little off, but none the less here it is.

1. Scott Barrett (Obvious number 1)
2. Abongo Humphrey ( i thought he is a 205er now) Either way Barnett who isnt ranked should probably be here
3. Kevin Brooks
4. Bobby Peavler
5. John Juarez
6. Stephen Eakin
7. Nick Smiley
8. Brandon Sayles
9. Mark George
10. Austin Gueroro ( I cant find any info on him. Anyone know who he is?)

These are the Georgia Fighters Rankings. What do yall think about this list?
3/9/11 11:11 PM
cauliflowerear

Looks like we need a fight for the GEORGIA TITLE

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.