UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> EVE Online. Wat Do?

10/27/13 10:11 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
gord96
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I will send you some isk when I next log on to get you started.

A tip from me would be if you are interested in combat, start training towards flying a Rifter. It's a good starting frigate and I had lots of fun with it when I first started. That means you want to work towards projectile weapons. There is a build somewhere in this thread that squat posted showing a 'build' or what you should train to be a rifter pilot.
10/27/13 10:42 AM
eXtv
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks, I'll take a look
10/27/13 11:57 AM
HernanCortes
197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll definitely look into that build. Right now I'm still in the beginning missions.

I can see how this game isn't for everyone, but I'm enjoying it. Also i sent you big gord a message lol.

If anyone else wants to add me just add dreddz cortes. Yes my character has dreads. Phone Post
10/27/13 6:06 PM
HernanCortes
197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Which one of you is Lucas? I think I added you right Phone Post
10/27/13 7:31 PM
eXtv
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I added you.
10/28/13 9:08 PM
HernanCortes

I've been doing mining and military missions.

Don't know what to really do. From now on. Keep mining? I want to build my own ships, but will look at guides on how to. Phone Post
10/28/13 9:21 PM
TheSergeK
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Start training your alt to be a miner... Sell them on the forums. Make tons of isk. 

Mining from the get go gets boring as hell. Best way to make quick cash is to run Missions on your main and train your alt to sell.

Squat can explain better.

11/12/13 1:32 AM
Squatdog
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/12/13 1:33 AM

I just saw this review on MetaCritic and thought I'd share:

EVE is graphically beautiful, and has a lot of depth. It also has some of the most brutal, merciless PVP found anywhere. Unfortunately, the way it is designed for the most hardcore PVPers means it has nothing to offer anyone else.

If you're the sort of person who likes to pick on defenseless other players, almost kill them, ransom them for the majority of their in-game assets, and then kill them up anyway just for fun, then this is, as far as I know, the only game where such conduct is not a ToS violation but rather an accepted way of living for many players. If like most people, you find the above unethical, horrifying, or just downright vicious, EVE is not the right game for you.

I've always been a fairly competitive PVP player (spend a lot of my time on SC2 ladder) but EVE is way beyond what even I am comfortable with. EVE is a universe where anyone can randomly kill you at any time for no reason. There is no safety anywhere. One of the players' mottos is "don't fly what you can't afford to lose" because you can and will get randomly ganked by much higher-level players for no reason, and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.

IMHO, this is not the way to run a game. It caters to the most sociopath players, and anyone even suggesting that PVPers could do their thing in their zones, and PVEers could be left alone in theirs is labelled a "carebear" and mercilessly mocked by other players. The whole game is built on a brutal, exploitative attitude where everyone is out to get everyone else and that just doesn't make for a very nice environment to play in.I really did try to give this game a chance. I played for a few months. I flew every class of ship up to and including battleships, but in the end, the fancy graphics and the hype just couldn't cover up that this is essentially a game for sociopaths.

If you're a sociopath, this will be your paradise. If you are a normal person, then stay away.

11/12/13 2:18 AM
kingwank

Reviewer sounded like a pussy. Phone Post 3.0
11/29/13 10:08 PM
Squatdog

2500th kill

http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/combat_record.php?type=player&name=Squatdog

Hooray for me.

11/30/13 12:37 AM
kingwank

Gratz bro. I'm hoping to get 500 by March. Phone Post 3.0
11/30/13 11:02 AM
TheSergeK
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I did a stupid thing and reupped my account Phone Post 3.0
12/2/13 9:05 AM
Squatdog

First kill with my new toy:

http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=21195697

He seemed upset?

[13:47:50] Bloody Snow > ??????
[13:48:11] Bloody Snow > ??????? ?????????
12/2/13 9:06 AM
Squatdog

Edited: 12/02/13 9:06 AM
Hmmmm...Cyrillic won't show up on this forum.
12/3/13 3:51 PM
kingwank

I had a guy who quit FW in order to pass through Gallente high sec to get back to Onatoh. Phone Post 3.0
12/6/13 8:14 PM
Squatdog

Killed a Firetail and pimp-fit Asteros 2v2 dualboxing with my alt's Hookbill:

http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=21228109

http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=21228110#lostLoadout

Alt ended up in 4% hull:

12/6/13 8:39 PM
Squatdog

Edited: 12/06/13 8:41 PM
Here's something we found amusing.

A month ago, the Gallente fags were gloating about how they managed to stabilise Heyd and push it back to 0% contested, even going so far as to make a hilariously bad propaganda video soaked with nerd jizz:

25 days later? Caldari busts the I-Hub and flip the system.

This is what Eve sounds like to me post-DT.

Russian.
12/6/13 9:13 PM
theseanster
272 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kingwank - I had a guy who quit FW in order to pass through Gallente high sec to get back to Onatoh. Phone Post 3.0
Huh? Phone Post 3.0
12/10/13 3:22 PM
gord96
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's new in Rubicon?
12/10/13 5:54 PM
Squatdog

-EA Frigs and Ceptors were (finally) rebalanced to the point where some of them no longer suck.

-Warp speed changes mean that frigs can outrun larger ships in warp and land on gates ahead of them.

-Two new cloaky faction ships (designed for exploration, but used for shamelessly ganking people)

-Deployable cyno jammers and mobile depots.

-New exploration sites that spawn rats and have a self-destruct timer (apparently).
12/10/13 9:59 PM
Squatdog

Piracy is easy!

12/10/13 10:05 PM
Squatdog

Suicide-ganking miners in highsec:

12/10/13 10:27 PM
TheSergeK

Im back playing eve.

Fuck my life.

But im focusing on industry now. Working up mining skills and such. Going to be doing a lot of missioning too.

12/10/13 10:58 PM
Squatdog

Fag.
12/10/13 11:27 PM
kingwank

Squatdog - Fag.
Qft. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.