UnderGround Forums

JKD UnderGround >> NEW CSPT YouTube Video

12/29/10 8:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Demitrius Barbito
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/29/10 8:31 PM

Were doing some restructuring on the media side of the CSPT. I am now giving away the TOTAL MOBILIZATION DVD away for free with any DVD order.

So, since that's the case, we just put that DVD on YouTube in three parts. Parts 1 and 2 are up now. Part 3 will be up tomorrow.

The Total Mobilization DVD is a short (25 minutes) overview of all the elements covered in Self Preservation training. It has many instructional and demo sections on the following: Threat Recognition, Counter Assault Tactics, Grappling, Stick, Knife, Unarmed vs Weapons and Firearms.

Many have seen our "online clips" but not everyone has seen our DVDs. This is a way to see a CSPT DVD for free.

12/30/10 4:55 PM
Sir Drinks a lot
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/30/10 4:55 PM
Thanks for posting that, very interesting. I like the fact that you take a very thorough approach toward self protection.

May I ask why you are drawn to the self protection/preservation aspects of martial arts?
12/30/10 6:10 PM
Marc1000
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hi Demi,

Thanks for sharing these videos. You have a very holistic approach to self preservation.

I was wondering about the purpose of the straight blast. It appears that you wish to get the muay thai neck clinch and then drop some heavy headbutts, elbows and knees to finish the opponent off. In terms of obtaining that neck clinch position, what is the advantage of a straight blast over a good boxing combination? Also, what target on the opponent do you aim the straight blast at?

Thanks,

Marc
12/31/10 6:28 PM
Demitrius Barbito
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/31/10 7:10 PM
@Sir Drinks A Lot...

The sport aspects are a big part of the program and I enjoy them very much. I like the UFC and boxing. Olympic wrestling is super fun too. I just never had the interest (or time) to focus on sport training. I also had a great love of firearms. I guess the bottom line is that I wanted to spend the time training to stop violent individuals from hurting me, my loved ones or the innocent. So, with sport training as a base, I moved in the RBSD direction for myself and developed a program to help others in that area.

@Marc1000...

the purpose of the blast is to close on an opponent (after hurting him with a good shot) in a violent way that allows you to get in close enough where you can work CQB and get past his punches and kicks (the weapons that most people know how to fight with).

The other purpose is to put pressure on him as you close.

The advantage over a good boxing combination is the fact that you are APPLYING PRESSURE AS YOU SPRINT AT HIM AND INTENTIONALLY GETTING INTO A CLOSER RANGE WHERE PUNCHES AND KICKS CANT BE USED AS EFFECTIVELY AS IN MID RANGE.

A good boxing combination could be used as an entry and then you could transition into a blast 9at that point throwing away boxing) and switching to head buts and takedowns.

Sometimes a good boxing combination is all it takes to make the bad guy fall down though... So what ever works...

Demi
12/31/10 7:11 PM
Demitrius Barbito

and...

Blast generally, almost always, goes right into the cone of your visions into the face of your opponent.
1/3/11 11:05 PM
keseki
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Incompetent predators are eliminated by their lack of good judgment in selecting appropriate prey. So a predator who picks you out is probably a competent predator.

Successful predators are skilled at picking out weak, unaware, small, meek victims. (This applies to collective attacks too, as research shows). If the potential prey victim is not or does not appear to be weak, unaware, small, meek, the successful predator will seek elsewhere. Victims are investment opportunities and the effort (calories expended) and risk (of injury) of subduing a potential victim are among the predator's costs. His (or her) resources are finite so he (or she)can't afford to be wrong too often.

Lesson to be learned: Instead of preparing to resist the predator who probably has every possible advantage (unless you're lucky and he or she is one of the incompetents waiting to be eliminated, but don't count on that), you're (you being the prey) time and energy might be better spent trying to not look like a good prey target. (As Demi says, paying attention helps, but we can't always be physiologically ready for things that rarely happen--it wears you down.)

If the "perp" needs weapons or accomplices, he or she will bring weapons and accomplices.

Sometimes it's just smarter to hand your wallet or the keys to your SUV over. Preds prey on victims?because they want something. Sometimes giving it to them is your best and cheapest option. I mean, really, how many preds are just wanting to beat on someone for the hell of it? I'm sure it happens, but asteroids crash to earth too. How much sense does it make to try to prepare for that?

There are several excellent reasons for training martial arts etc., but self-preservation is the least of them (in my opinion, but I believed that Saddam Hussein had BLTs and attacked America on 7/11 so don't believe everything I say).

This is a just comment, not a criticism. No doubt it's basically obvious.
1/6/11 3:49 PM
lloydmtz
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice post Keseki.
1/6/11 5:28 PM
Demitrius Barbito

"""Nice post Keseki."""

I agree!

"""There are several excellent reasons for training martial arts etc., but self-preservation is the least of them"""

For you, obviously, for me, not so much...

I don't like violence at all. I think those who like to spend their time in violent activities might be well served exploring that in psychotherapy. I did and it helped.

I can't see violence as a past time or a hobby. Only as a tool to stop predatory violence. A necessary evil if you will...

Love your neighbor, respond to threats or violence if you are so misfortunate as to encounter them, REPEAT!

Then play with your kids, spend time with your wife, have food and wine with friends and help someone who is less fortunate than yourself...

Demi
www.DemiBarbito.com
1/6/11 6:02 PM
Kevin Curtis
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"but I believed that Saddam Hussein had BLTs and attacked America on 7/11 so don't believe everything I say"

lol

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.