UnderGround Forums

Judo/Sambo UnderGround >> What Judo forums do you recommend/frequent?

12/29/10 11:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Seong gyeong
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The only one I really know of is judoforum.com. I like the forum here but there's not much traffic.

Also, any websites that are judo-oriented with good content?

(E.g. judovision.org, judoinside.com/uk, etc.)

Judo is my main interest but I find myself following MMA a lot more than I do judo.
12/30/10 7:52 AM
judoblackbelt
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

judovision.org - world class competition judo videos, ijf.org -international judo news,usjudo.org- US judo athletes/news/events, superjudo.tv -Leo White, judoinfo.com drawings/video's of judo teckniques (excellent).
12/30/10 11:11 AM
Seong gyeong
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thank you very much, I'll check those out!
12/30/10 12:22 PM
judo man
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The judo section from bullshido. There have been some high quality posts from judo_uk regarding technique and theory. I'm not a fan of bullshido, but I do find at least that part interesting.
12/30/10 3:03 PM
Missing Glove Tape

Back in the day I subscribed to the Judo-L. Don't know if it's still around but it used to have a ton of old timers posting some really good stuff. A lot of bias too but nothing you don't find anywhere else.

I checked out Leo White's superjudo.tv the other day. Very cool!
12/31/10 9:41 AM
John Turner

Avoid the judoforum b/c imo the mods are nazis and anything impolite (or perceived as) is deleted. that place is like a "g" rated movie...who knows? maybe that is what they are going for.

just my opinion, nothing more

You can get all your judo related questions answered right here actually. I know REZ can come off as a tad abrasive, but he knows his shit. And also Mr. David Williams, along with Mr. Chuck Jefferson post here...so why go anywhere else?

Best Wishes UG,

John
12/31/10 10:00 AM
DarkPhoenix

judoinfo.com is Neal Ohlenkamps site, and there is a lot of great stuff on there. They have videos of all the throws, holddowns, armbars and chokes.
1/1/11 12:33 PM
nowaydo
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Speak French? http://en.alljudo.net
1/1/11 9:56 PM
Seong gyeong

Thanks again for all the contributions, guys. Been reading up a lot lately while I wait for my arm to heal.
1/4/11 11:24 PM
yusul
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/04/11 11:25 PM
you also have wayland p, canadian judoka<br /><br />and ben reinhardt for reffing questions as well. <br />

other blackbelts such as camarillos and 1 cohen<br /><br />post here occasionally and the debates are energetic and unfiltered.<br /><br />

i think any technical question has been answered from many perspectives, which makes it unsurpassed on the internet imo. <br />

also, there are seminars posted etc and it's great to find out where good places to train are, or instructor info. <br />

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.