UnderGround Forums

PetGround >> Bull Terrier

12/30/10 4:27 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
piratepirate
615 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love the look of these dogs,
and everything I read about them seems great.
Anybody have any experience with the breed?
12/31/10 6:00 AM
Roy Batty
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They're stubborn as heck, don't always like other animals, and need a LOT of attention. Other than those issues, they're great.
1/28/11 11:33 AM
Radio Raheem
1325 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5/10/11 1:25 PM
Stranglehold26
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just got an 8 week old bull terrier puppy. I would echo the above statement though. If you have never owned a bully breed, don't start with a BT.
5/21/11 6:24 PM
MikeFL152
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if you get one from working stock, be prepared for a high-strung, demanding, extremely eager to please animal.
7/28/11 8:45 PM
cycklops
295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had one. Turned out bad but I would definitely get another one. The one I had simply had aggressive drives that came out around 9 months old. In this case it was simply the individual dog because a friend got his litter mate and that was just the dumbest, happiest dog ever.

A lot of energy and needs attention to make sure things go your way. That's not tos say they're not a fine breed. They're the perfect mix of size, strength, and athleticism imo.
7/29/11 4:02 PM
cycklops
295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wife became pregnant and shortly after that he was starting to get overtly aggressive toward her. Also had a high guard drive. She found a couple that had no kids and a yard etc. and they took him.
9/7/11 3:22 PM
ArmbarCity
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Respected forum member BenBJJ has one
9/7/11 3:28 PM
FenceGrab
615 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roy Batty - They're stubborn as heck, don't always like other animals, and need a LOT of attention. Other than those issues, they're great.

Yeah I know an Irish fella from California who runs Brigadoon Bull Terriers, and he forewarned me that they certainly have their own personalities.

9/28/13 11:12 PM
molsonman
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stranglehold26 - Just got an 8 week old bull terrier puppy. I would echo the above statement though. If you have never owned a bully breed, don't start with a BT.

What would be a good bully breed to start with?
10/7/13 7:33 PM
molsonman
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TampabayMMA -
molsonman - 
Stranglehold26 - Just got an 8 week old bull terrier puppy. I would echo the above statement though. If you have never owned a bully breed, don't start with a BT.

What would be a good bully breed to start with?

A rescue staffordshire bull terrier female.
I was researching that breed and would love to rescue one but they are banned in the province of Ontario.

I don't live in Ontario at the moment but I could be posted there (army) in the future. I wouldn't want to rescue a dog then have to give it up a few years later. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.