UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> McKee: 'I should have the UFC belt by 2012'

12/30/10 11:00 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1061 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Antonio McKee has a plan. It's simple, really.

"By the end of the year I should have the UFC [lightweight] belt," he told MMA Fighting. "I've got to get through [Jacob] Volkmann here, beat up Volkmann real quick, and after I get done with Volkmann they'll think I'm serious and we can start moving forward and making progress."

See? Nothing to it. After 11 years as a pro fighter, the 40-year-old McKee is set to make his Octagon debut at UFC 125 this Saturday, so of course he already has his future mapped out.

But does he really think becoming a UFC champion is going to be that easy? Seriously?

"Oh yeah, come on, man. I've got a four-fight deal, so I'd say that sounds about right. Randy [Couture] won the belt when he was about 44, right? I'll be 41 by the end of the year, and I think McKee is made of a little better stuff than Randy, so I should have it by then."

read entire article...

12/30/10 11:08 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jetster
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol....i have never seen him fight..is he any good at all?
12/30/10 11:12 AM
Kakkarotto_san

Jetster - Lol....i have never seen him fight..is he any good at all?

He's one of the physically strongest guys at 155lb in the world. He's got great takedowns that nobody can consistently stop.

And he's, by far (and it's not even a discussion), the most boring fighter in the history of the sport.

Lately he's been better but for YEARS he would take a guy down and stay in his guard throwing "body, body, head" shots over and over and over. I think he has 23 or 24 wins with 19 going to decision.
12/30/10 11:20 AM
sharp01

He is a beast ,yes his fights can be boring,but lately he has been going for the finishes.hes a good addition to the 1555 class and hes does have a good shot to get the tittle
12/30/10 11:22 AM
Sofa King Cool
287 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, he's super boring.

One of two things will happen, he will either be beaten by top flight competition or he will be the divisions Jon Fitch.
12/30/10 11:25 AM
MarkRobinson
1131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

definitely a snoozefest.
12/30/10 11:37 AM
Juicymma
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A wins a win Phone Post
12/30/10 12:03 PM
matthias
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Strange. Hearing him talk and reading his interviews I genuinely thought he would bring some exciting fights. I guess he did finish his last opponent, but the general consensus is that he's super boring. I wonder why the UFC signed him, especially this late in his career and not really bringing anything exciting to the roster. 
12/30/10 12:06 PM
Sofa King Cool
287 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy shit, I remember that fight, but I had no idea it was McKee.

KO happens around 10:45 of the vid.
12/30/10 12:12 PM
Pandanus

He's a mix of Muhammad Ali and Jon Fitch as strange as that sounds.
12/30/10 12:14 PM
MotorBoater85

Pandanus - He's a mix of Muhammad Ali and Jon Fitch as strange as that sounds.

A good shit talker who likes to cuddle?
12/30/10 12:16 PM
Pandanus

He won't fight his teammate in Vietnam
12/30/10 12:17 PM
MentaL
527 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MotorBoater85 - 
Pandanus - He's a mix of Muhammad Ali and Jon Fitch as strange as that sounds.

A good shit talker who likes to cuddle?

lolol
12/30/10 12:20 PM
Dougie
839 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mouth is writing cheques that he can't cash imo.
12/30/10 12:21 PM
whoabro

Kakkarotto_san - 
Jetster - Lol....i have never seen him fight..is he any good at all?

He's one of the physically strongest guys at 155lb in the world. He's got great takedowns that nobody can consistently stop.

And he's, by far (and it's not even a discussion), the most boring fighter in the history of the sport.

Lately he's been better but for YEARS he would take a guy down and stay in his guard throwing "body, body, head" shots over and over and over. I think he has 23 or 24 wins with 19 going to decision.

This is the most accurate assessment of McKee you will ever read

I'm kind of a fan of McKee because he trolls the fuck out of everybody, but WOW he's fucking boring
12/30/10 12:29 PM
MotorBoater85

Seems like fastrack wants a little "mandingo" on his face ...
12/30/10 12:32 PM
thforklift
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He has not faced the caliber of competition the UFC has to offer. 
12/30/10 12:34 PM
The Yellow Emperor

Finished both of his fights in 2010 inthe first round. Word is that Dana told him he had to finish Luciano Azevedo if he wanted to get in the UFC. McKee busted his head open in the first round.
12/30/10 12:35 PM
frontrowbrian

Edited: 12/30/10 12:35 PM
 Volkmann had this to say about the Baddest Nigga on the Planet

“He’s a wrestler and I don’t even know if he wrestled in college, did he? So he really doesn’t understand when it actually comes to wrestling that there’s a lot more than just what you learned from high school,” Volkmann said. “There’s finer points in wrestling, finer points on how to defend takedowns, and he doesn’t understand that. And how to shoot: He shoots with his head down. He reaches. It’s going to be actually pretty fun to sprawl on him and take his back.”
www.sherdog.com/news/articles/Volkmann-McKee-Is-Very-Boring-29065

McKee didn't wrestle D1 because of academic issues and also because he needed to start providing for himself financially very early on in life. He didn't have the support system most D1 wrestlers have

McKee will embarrass Volkmann (3 time D1 All American) in the wrestling department

12/30/10 12:40 PM
palerider101
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what ever it takes to win
12/30/10 12:40 PM
1crazySOB

I believe it, as long as he is talking about those plastic UFC belts they sell at Wal-mart! I bought my son one for Christmas, it's pretty sweet! My son is 8 and he is the UFC HW champ Antonio so aim high brotha! You can do it! They are only like $10
12/30/10 12:42 PM
The Yellow Emperor

octowussy - It's hard to argue that he hasn't earned this UFC contract, but holy shit do I hate watching him fight.

You should have watched him in 2010.
12/30/10 12:45 PM
1crazySOB

BTW I am pretty positive fastrack=Antonio McKee. Either that or he is tappin that ass. Noone is that big of a nuthugger!
12/30/10 12:54 PM
tmr
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Derick - He's good if you don't have to watch him. Think of the most boring fighter. And this guy tops him.

Aye

but at the same time, look at the main event of "the superbowl of mma" NYE ufc, as ridiculous as it sounds maybe next year's it'll be mckee instead of maynard
12/30/10 1:16 PM
Kakkarotto_san

Twenty47 - No way hes the strongest guy at 55 Phone Post

I said "one of", and there's no disputing that.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.