UnderGround Forums

Arizona Underground >> Best MMA Gym In East Valley?

12/31/10 10:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hurricane Hasan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/31/10 10:16 PM

Looking for the very best MMA gym my money can buy on the east valley. I've toured Southwest and AZ Combat Sports, and been to a few MT classes at Sitan. Had a bad experience with a gym (won't name names) with a real alpha male instructor who thought it was more important to injure students(used a neck crank 2x) than be put in a defensive position, so trying to avoid that kind of alpha male bs. Long story short, what's the best gym on my side of town? Thanks guys!
1/3/11 12:46 PM
onyx2002
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sort of East Valley is Phoenix Combat academy I don't train there but know Sunshine and Jay Pages are legit and have both female and male MMA competitors that succeed. They are also very welcoming and don't put up with BS macho stuff. They are off Chandler Blvd and the I-10.

I have stopped by Southwest MMA and Santino De Franco is awesome I don't know anything about the MMA program but his jiu-jitsu is incredible and he takes time to show you stuff after class if you are interested. Also seemed like he had some incredible Judo guys in there if you were looking to add some throws to your mma arsenal. Prices seemed reasonable.

Power MMA in Gilbert should be opening soon too... that's Bader's and CB's place if somehow you didn't know.
1/8/11 12:14 PM
sux@bjj
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

azcs
1/9/11 9:16 AM
GAME-DOG
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Power is freakin nice.
5/24/11 3:23 PM
spartancs
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You should check out Power MMA 2 miles south of the 60 at Gilbert and Guadalupe.
5/28/11 2:02 AM
Jake Devree
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PowerMMA.
12/3/11 1:17 AM
Hurricane Hasan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for feedback guys. Recently joined AZ Combat Sports and I LOVE IT! Best decision i've ever made!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.