UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> How to hack your brain

1/2/11 3:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Dean Demuro
485 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

agreed.  this is interesting to me for obvious reasons, chiefly more available time.

i haven't found evidence yet that anyone has ever stuck with the polyphasic sleep for any significant length of time though.

THIS page has a lot of information about it and seems to indicate it isn't all it is cracked up to be.
1/2/11 3:46 PM
phenompromos
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The more time thing certainly sounds appealing but polysleep just isnt natural. Just because we havent figured out exaclty why we sleep 8 hours a night doesnt mean we dont need to.
1/2/11 4:15 PM
JustPeed
179 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

any one done the ping pong balls/red light hallucination trip yet?
1/2/11 4:26 PM
Quik
235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Six Deuce Clothing, Owner
awesome!
1/2/11 4:53 PM
The Smackdown is back
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone have experiance trying the sleep methods? Sounds interesting
1/2/11 5:09 PM
JustPeed
179 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Smackdown is back - Anyone have experiance trying the sleep methods? Sounds interesting

The 30 minute nap thing sounds horrible.
1/2/11 9:09 PM
Smug Sapien
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ThugLife - Figure out a way to convert binary into electrochemical impulses, and not only will you be able to hack into someones brain, but you could download information into your brain as well, instead of reading/learning it.

edit: if you figure out how to do this, youll probably go down as one of the most famous individuals of all time, since you would basically change civilization.

That's the current X prize actually
1/2/11 10:03 PM
Savitar
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ThugLife - Figure out a way to convert binary into electrochemical impulses, and not only will you be able to hack into someones brain, but you could download information into your brain as well, instead of reading/learning it.

edit: if you figure out how to do this, youll probably go down as one of the most famous individuals of all time, since you would basically change civilization.

Might as well be trying to turn gold into base metals instead of the other way around. The human mind is infinitely more complex than any machine, and allowed humans a level of creativity that gave us near mastery of the natural world even before the onset of agriculture.

Now you want to simplify it to the level of binary code? So I can play Donkey Kong in my head instead of experiencing the animate world?
1/2/11 11:28 PM
Roy Batty
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT.
1/3/11 12:10 AM
DreamerMMA
635 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rupture Clothing, Marketing Rep.
The Smackdown is back - Anyone have experiance trying the sleep methods? Sounds interesting

I've posted several times about Lucid Dreaming techniques.

www.ld4all.com

Most of what I've said comes directly from the above link.

It's a forum full of lucid dreamers but the main page has several tabs with step by step information on lucid dreaming.

1/3/11 12:42 AM
Stupidnewbie
297 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Grapple Armor, Head Honcho
I've attempted to lucid dream via Hemi-Sync with limited results. I do feel more rested on the nights I use the sound tracks, though. I'll have to check out that lucid dreaming site.
1/3/11 1:22 AM
DreamerMMA
635 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rupture Clothing, Marketing Rep.
 It's a good site.

I mainly lurk there but I'm also a member and do occasionally post there.

1/3/11 2:07 AM
Katsumoto
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

interesting stuff. ttt.
1/3/11 2:11 AM
JustPeed

Always interested in trying to lucid dreams through the method. Ive had very real and apparent dreams, and even some dreams were I began to realise I was dreaming but never to the extent I could control my dreams. That would be awesome.
1/3/11 3:34 AM
AoG
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am going to try the sleeping one. I might even keep notes to see how it works out for me. Fuck I am bored.
1/3/11 11:49 AM
ThugLife

Savitar - 

Might as well be trying to turn gold into base metals instead of the other way around. The human mind is infinitely more complex than any machine, and allowed humans a level of creativity that gave us near mastery of the natural world even before the onset of agriculture.

Now you want to simplify it to the level of binary code? So I can play Donkey Kong in my head instead of experiencing the animate world?

i didnt mean simplify the human brain, just figure out a way to translate computer data to a language that can be interpreted, and eventually literally downloaded, into the brain.

wouldnt it be cool if you could have a usb port wired to your brain and you could plug something into it and learn whatever you were plugged into instantaneously?
1/3/11 12:10 PM
ThugLife

turducken - 
ThugLife - 
Savitar - 

i didnt mean simplify the human brain, just figure out a way to translate computer data to a language that can be interpreted, and eventually literally downloaded, into the brain.

wouldnt it be cool if you could have a usb port wired to your brain and you could plug something into it and learn whatever you were plugged into instantaneously?
...i know kung fu

exactamundo, fren.
1/3/11 12:17 PM
slo ko
1162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think the ping-pong ball hallucinators are sitting in their closets for the past 24-hours stuck in their nod.
1/3/11 12:20 PM
disbeliever
541 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Savitar - 

lol @ this
1/3/11 3:17 PM
phenompromos
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt for ping pong hallucinations!
1/3/11 3:17 PM
phenompromos

ttt for ping pong hallucinations!
1/3/11 3:18 PM
simthefarmer

subscribe.
1/3/11 9:48 PM
Savitar
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ThugLife - 
Savitar - 

I think anyone that believes this is truly possible in a functional way is absolutely devaluing the way the human mind makes connections between seemingly unrelated phenomena and stimuli, and can still call organize it and call upon what it has learned, to a "conscious" level.

And I guess it's my opinion anything worth knowing is worth learning. I like the challenge of learning jiu-jitsu, or the use of a carving knife on a block of wood, and the experience of realization...when you finally "get it." There is no substitute for that.

Suppose, if what you're imagining, does come to fruition. Then i think there will be no hope left for humanity because we will have forgotten the sensuous world that we were born into, and by instinct are compelled to experience. But it is the way of the world it seems, to attempt to make men like machines and machines like men.
1/3/11 11:16 PM
OldManMinerva

can we think well enuff to teach a rock how to think?

when/if
Artificial Intelligence is created by humans it will
change everything
forever
1/3/11 11:53 PM
dustynothing

ttt for hallucinations.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.