UnderGround Forums

SoldierGround >> Advice On Moving

1/1/11 7:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
LakerGirl
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doing my second move. Last time my wife was prego and I was gone so we let the Army move for us. This time we are considering moving ourselves to make money. We are trying to decide on moving truck vs. Pods. Anybody have any insight. It is Ft. Sill to Ft. Bliss, roughly 11 hours.

What is the best choice as far as cost vs hassle in peoples opinion? Pods, Moving Truck, Let the Army do it.
1/3/11 6:36 AM
drmccarty

I let the Marine Corps send a truck for my first move and we moved ourselves the second time and it sucked hard core tried to use the system to make money and it was more of a hassle... Let them do it you will be happier.. Phone Post
1/5/11 3:21 AM
virux11b
175 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I made 4k when I moved from Ft.Riley to Oklahoma. I loaded up as much crap as possible. I had friends weights, 55 gal plastic drums of water, and various other heavy objects. We weighed the truck once I got to Oklahoma. Unless they have changed it you can weigh it anywhere full and the same empty. This was only 2 years ago so I don't think it has changed. But I made money. Even though it is easier to have them do it all.
1/5/11 5:58 PM
LakerGirl

Virus, do they pay by rank? How much is the 80% up front? Phone Post
1/5/11 7:33 PM
virux11b
175 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You get paid by the amount you will have. Different ranks get different amounts to move. You have a max. The wise thing to do is max it out and make your amount either match it or exceed it. If you don't they will charge back the difference. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.