UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dont release Phil Baroni

1/2/11 8:35 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
crazydave
199 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The guy always brings it and he wears his heart on his sleeve.
1/2/11 8:36 AM
crazydave
199 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bring him to UFC127 in Australia
1/2/11 8:38 AM
EvilMaster
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Big Cheese
I for one, would LOVE to see the Badass at skydome in Toronto!!

Please don't release him Dana, we all love that guy. Win or lose, he comes to fight. He was winning until the kick caught him, could happen to anybody.
1/2/11 8:38 AM
KickYoNuts
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He will lose again tho , they cant keep giving him another chance forever . Maybe he should do more gameplaning like holding the guys down , doing some ground and pound . His style has been figured out before his todays opponent even started his MMA career .
1/2/11 8:45 AM
AddictedMMAjunkie

He put on a great show for the fans. UFC should keep him, but I doubt they will considering he's dropped his last three.
1/2/11 8:45 AM
EvilMaster

The Big Cheese
With Phil, it's not about winning or losing a fight. It's like a Rocky sort of vibe with this guy, I am always excited to watch him. From the lead-up prefight hype stuff, to the weigh in, to the fight itself. Something about that guy always gets me pumped up. He is a true legend of the sport and he has the "it" factor.
1/2/11 8:48 AM
Ghost of Retard
756 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DANA PLEASE DO NOT CUT BARONI>>>>

I WILL WATCH HIM FIGHTAND BE PUMPED FOR IT EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!
1/2/11 8:49 AM
Ghost of Retard
756 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ghost of Retard -  DANA PLEASE DO NOT CUT BARONI>>>>

I WILL WATCH HIM FIGHTAND BE PUMPED FOR IT EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!

1/2/11 8:52 AM
ajsr
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DO NOT FUCKING RELEASE BARONI
1/2/11 8:57 AM
Sagiv Lapkin
2134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/02/11 8:57 AM
 Not releasing Phil Baroni is not what's in Phil's best interest IMO.

With a record of 13-13 he doesn't belong in the UFC. He should go to a smaller show where he'd be a big fish in a small pond. In the UFC he's a guppy who can't get passed guys fresh outta the TUF house.

In smaller shows he would have much more success. And I hope he finds success there.

asbury

not a fan and not sad to see him go. im not buying the "new phil" schtick. having met him in person some years ago, recalling some of the posts he made here when he started fighting around ny, and the bullshit he caused with renzo / serra back then, ive always disliked him. not trying to fighter bash but i dont understand the sudden love for him.

crazydave

1/2/11 9:14 AM
Momentum
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Phil as a fighter and enjoy his fights. His striking is a weapon so he is always one shot away from an exciting victory. I wouldn't be surprised if the UFC released him. Maybe he can earn his way back. Either way I wish him the best. As he said in the interview, this is a business. Given the talent tool in MMA, I am not sure a 13-13 record is UFC material these days.
1/2/11 9:22 AM
The Swagologist

If they drop Phil, I will drop the UFC
1/2/11 9:40 AM
nyhcloyalty
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana and Joe don't you fucking do it. Please.
1/2/11 9:45 AM
buddie
272 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When Baroni first came on the scene, I thought he came off as an arrogant, no-class, overrated jerk. But I have become a big fan over the years. Like Genious said, he's such a hard working SOB, I don't see how you cannot love him. I hope he stays. I understand the mentality that you can't give chance after chance, but if the guy comes to fight and entertains, why not?
1/2/11 9:50 AM
crazydave

Stay in MMA New York Phil!
1/2/11 9:52 AM
Kirik
1842 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, President
 I am a fan for life.
1/2/11 9:55 AM
KnownothingFan

Always will be rooting for the NYBA.
1/2/11 10:05 AM
torquemada
285 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

asbury - the bullshit he caused with renzo / serra back then, ive always disliked him. not trying to fighter bash but i dont understand the sudden love for him.

Expand please...
1/2/11 10:05 AM
gracie
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's better off at Strikeforce.
1/2/11 10:14 AM
Dojjo

No gas Baroni, once again is no MMA fighter... He is a brawler with no business in the UFC. Major lack of skills for the big show. Now please go back to bouncing at jiggles.
1/2/11 10:27 AM
gorgesjorj
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dojjo - No gas Baroni, once again is no MMA fighter... He is a brawler with no business in the UFC. Major lack of skills for the big show. Now please go back to bouncing at jiggles.

nothing like making your debut post by taking some jabs at a fighter. quality post.

you must've hit "post" ... put your hands behind your head, kicked up your feet and felt good.

why didn't you just post on your other account? oh this is your dark one, huh? some trollin', bashin', "funny stuff." in no time you'll be at 27k posts and popular. finally a cool kid.
1/2/11 10:35 AM
Sagiv Lapkin
2134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's definitely better off in a smaller show where he's a big fish in a small pond. In the UFC he's a guppy.

If you want him to stay in the UFC you are setting him up for failure. Let him go to a smaller show where he can get some W's.
1/2/11 12:03 PM
Dojjo

gorgesjorj

Awe looks like you have a man crush, my post is my response to Phils constant belief that he is one of the top dogs and deserves to be part of the Zuffa family and get paid the big $$. Over cocky and struts around real cool, but good MMA fighter, not so much. So buck up, your hero will get another shot somewhere, but not in the UFC.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.