UnderGround Forums

NHLGround >> holy shiit

1/3/11 7:45 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PR
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

... the Canucks are fucking good. Like too good. You guys who don't see the Canucks play are seriously missing out.

14-1-2 in their last 17 games, almost a month since their last regulation loss.

Every single game they score one or two absolutely ridiculous tic-tac-toe goals that blow me away.

Of course, it's a long season and anything can happen in the playoffs.

Tell me what's going on with your team as we near the mid-way point of the season.
1/3/11 4:29 PM
Mark1
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its fun actually watching a good team for once, huh?

You get to feel like Wings fans have felt for the past 20 years.  lol

Mark
1/4/11 4:29 AM
Spankenstyne
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hah it's funny that about a week ago I actually said "so this must be what it's like for Mark  to watch his team". Not getting too hyped about it all as it's a long season and there will be downs too but damn it's fun right now :)  Top to bottom they're pretty solid & can compete with anyone
1/4/11 5:12 PM
PR
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Long season for sure, but the team is just too good. Canucks will win their division for sure.

Now playoffs is another animal. At this point I think the first round should be a lock (barring the variables of injury+hot goalie)...

but once you get into the second round (in the West anyway) anyone can beat anyone. There's too many good teams.

I divide the West like this:

Elite - Canucks, Wings, Sharks
Tier 2 (have a chance to beat the Elite teams) - Dallas, Chicago, Colorado, LA
No Chance - the rest

I think Dallas is way overrated right now. Their record is built of lots of games against the East and is inflated because of it. They'll fall back to 5-7th place.

Chicago of course could jump back to Tier 1... I dont get to see many of their games so its hard or me to evaluate whether their poor record is because of injuries or because they simply lost too much of their core.

As a Canuck fan, I know how important Buttfuglien and Ladd were to the Hawks. Versteeg wasnt shabby either.
1/5/11 5:59 PM
CRBMoney14

I want the Canucks to draw the Blackhawks in the first round. That would bu such an emotional hurdle for them to get over. Of course if they lost the city may blowup
1/5/11 6:11 PM
PR

CRBMoney14 - I want the Canucks to draw the Blackhawks in the first round. That would bu such an emotional hurdle for them to get over. Of course if they lost the city may blowup

lol so true
1/9/11 9:52 AM
Mark1

Too bad they had to play the Wings last night and not the mighty Flames or Coilers again for the 15th time. It was your best time to beat them too. They are without datsyuk, filpula, modano, Stuart, Cleary, etc etc. Mark Phone Post
1/9/11 4:35 PM
CRBMoney14

My god shootouts sucks, that was a terrible way to end such a good hockey game
1/10/11 1:39 AM
Spankenstyne
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow Mark must actually be worried, it's not like him to get all excited about circus points.
1/10/11 1:55 AM
PR

Yeah, no shit, eh Spanky?
1/10/11 1:32 PM
Mark1

Worried?

Guys, its a loooong season.  Lets not start planning the Cup parade in Vancouver just yet.

Trust me, I have seen enough parades to know.

Mark
1/12/11 2:43 AM
Spankenstyne

I bet you have ;)
1/12/11 7:23 AM
Mark1

Participated in some too. With pride! Lol Mark Phone Post
1/12/11 2:37 PM
CRBMoney14

As an eternally pessimistic Canucks fabn I really want to believe. But I still think we have a lot of problems.

Mainly-
No size
Not enough Canadians
Coach who has no control over the tempo of the game
Inconsistent on D
1/12/11 4:45 PM
PR

Kesler is an honourary Canadian, IMO.

I would have agreed with the no size thing... but not so much anymore, this team is durable.

The main weakness I think i D depth. One injury would be bad, two is death. We need to fit Salo in, but we all know how fragile he is. So I think we trade a FWD+prospect for another solid top 6 D-man.

If Alberts and Rome are playing in the playoffs we are in trouble.

At best Alberts can be our 7th D man.
1/12/11 6:12 PM
CRBMoney14

Durable yes, big no. Malhotra is the only guy who really has size. I dont know maybe Im stuck in an old frame of mind. I think they need some size up front.

The problem on D is who do they replace?

Hamhuis
Ballard
Ehroff
Edler
Bieksa
Salo

Id love for them to move Bieksa well his stock is high, but thats not going to happen it seems. Ehroff and Edler are both still very shaky in their own end.

But the only teams out West that I think could really take advantage of all this would be San Jose or Chicago
1/12/11 6:53 PM
PR

WTF Canucks games are you watching? Ehrhoff and Edler are about as solid D as you can get that's not on an elite level.

Torres is a solid beast too.

I'm saying don't move any D, just add Salo+one more guy. We need 7 top 6 guys IMO because you just know D are going down to injuries in any long playoff run.

We are going to lucksac through the playoffs playing 4 D like Philly did last year.
1/12/11 7:33 PM
CRBMoney14

Those guys are shaky as hell in their own end, its a good thing they usually play with Sedins and the puck is in the opther end
1/14/11 9:20 AM
Mark1

Depth wins Cups.  Always has, always will.

You need goals from your 3rd and 4th lines.  Key goals, not 3rd period empty-netters.

You need 2nd liners to play like 1st liners when one of the top scorers gets injured.

Mark
1/17/11 10:03 AM
Mark1

Case in point - Look at the Wings right now.

Still the league's elite team with a whole host of injuries.  No Datsyuk (the league's best 2-way player, bar none), no Modano, no Dan Cleary, no Holmstrom, no Osgood, no Jimmy Howard, no Brad Stuart, yet they keep chugging along.

Depth wins.

Mark
1/17/11 4:15 PM
CRBMoney14

Who would ever expect 37, 38, 40, 32, 32, 31 year olds to get injured.

Bitching about injuries is gay all the time, especially when management goes out of its way to build an old team
1/17/11 4:55 PM
Mark1

Who is bitching? I am using it as an example. Depth wins championships Injuries are a part of the game. If you can't overcome injuries to key players, you won't win a championship, plain and simple. Mark Phone Post
1/18/11 5:21 PM
CRBMoney14

Touche
1/20/11 10:34 PM
Mark1

Case in point, Wings pull out another OT win tonight with goals from Kindl, a rookie call up and the winner from Helm, a 3rd liner. Mark Phone Post
1/22/11 3:04 PM
RKing85
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Two weeks ago it looked like Vancouver might be the only Canadian team in the playoffs this year. But now that Montreal has stabalized, it looks like there will be two Canadian teams.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.