UnderGround Forums

NHLGround >> holy shiit

6/15/11 11:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
CRBMoney14
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mark1 - <p> He choked and coughed up goals by the truckload this series.  LOL</p><p>The fact that the Sedin sisters disappeared AGAIN has little bearing on the horrible play of LOLoungo.

Fact it, he did what he always does.  Choked in the big game.

Mark</p>

But he didnt choke lol, they got shutout.

But I expected it for the most part, you build a team around a bunch of Euros you have to expect them to choke in the playoffs. The 08 wings are the only exception
6/16/11 12:00 AM
Mark1

Yeah, only if his teammates would have showed up and scored 5 GOALS (almost as many as they scored in the previous 6 games combined) they could have won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What bunch of losers!

lol

Mark
6/16/11 12:10 AM
CRBMoney14

You are such a weak troll sometimes.

Its all the goalies fault! LOL you fit in with all the shitty hockey fans here in Vancouver
6/16/11 3:56 AM
PR
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/16/11 3:56 AM
Mark, I am extremely disappointed by your actions this playoffs... you revealed yourself to be an idiot, instead of a real hockey fan that I thought you were. First, abandoning your team when they were losing, and then hiding out until the Canucks lost to then back your comments up.

It's sad. For literally 10 years on the OG I'd thought you a real hockey fan.
6/16/11 10:39 AM
Mark1

I read that in my "angry ex-gf that you just dumped that is leaving you a pissy voicemail" voice. It's even funnier that way.

Mark Phone Post
6/16/11 1:04 PM
JHR
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This thread is awesome on so many levels :)

Loungo is a plug.

6/17/11 10:50 PM
choadler
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/17/11 10:58 PM
 I just need to interupt everyone here, and remind them that the Choadler has been a lifelong Boston Bruins fan. Met Bobby Orr and Derek Sanderson this year. Had a good chat with both (they came to say hi to my 4 yr old daughter fighting neuroblastoma). Let's drop the bullshit and talk hockey. I'm a fan of the current Stanley Cup holders.

The Boston transition this year, in the finals, was based on 3 things. 1) the Horton hit\luongo's blackboard material followed by -. 2) the addition of agression into the Boston lineup, and 3) the unwaviering ways of the coach. Everyone wanted Julien's head after even the first round. He stayed his course, and now his name's on the cup.

The Vancouver fall was because of a few things. 1) injuries. 2) sketchy goaltending. 3) inability to rattle Tim Thomas, and I'll add number 4) the premature announcement of PR that the cup was coming to Vancouver. It jinxed them.

Strange series. I think that Vancouver would have been more successful with more of the Boston dump and go strategy (which, ironically, sucked for Boston). It would have opened things up, pulled Timmy Thomas out of the crease, and allowed for some tic-tac-toe opportunities. You have to move the goalie. Fact.

There were other factors - Timmy T, Seiden's lack of production, home ice advantages. I think overall, the hit changed the tone, and after that the B's were fired up. Before that, only Timmy Thomas was fired up. After, people woke up. Great series, great year, very proud that hockey and mma are amongst the few sports that there is goodwill after it is all over. The handshake is needed in every sport. I extend a Boston handshake to PR. Next year will be a lot of fun. Just can Luongo. He is your goat. 
6/18/11 12:08 AM
Mark1

Van lost because they could close. Plain and simple. They were up3-2 and needed to just win one game. Instead they came out and laid an egg. Lost the last two games 8-1. Offense choked. Defense choked. Their stars disappeared. Their goalie couldn't make an easy save, much less a tough one to keep them in it. Boston did the opposite. Got big goals from all lines, defense shut it down and Tim Thomas was a monster. Congrats Boston.

Cup summers are awesome. You'll see it pop up at random bars and resturants. See if you can drink from it. I did.

Mark. Phone Post
6/18/11 12:35 AM
PR
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just for the record... if Luongo won 15 games in the playoffs for a team that was scoring at a pace WORSE than the LOWEST SCORING TEAM in the regular season.
6/20/11 9:42 AM
Mark1

So not only did Luongo choke, but the rest of the team did as well?

Or maybe they weren't as good as people thought?

Mark
6/21/11 10:46 PM
choadler
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vancouver is an impressive team, but folded under playoff pressure. Wonder what their playoff experience overall is, and if they have any true leadership. If they make adjustments, they could be right back. Demoralizing losses though.

Gotta go. Have a cup to go see!

choadler
7/7/11 4:17 AM
Spankenstyne
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/07/11 4:17 AM
 Sucks they lost but hey it came down to the last possible game, both teams looked nervous early and it was a first goal wins series. I thought the Canucks were still gonna come back until that 3rd one that Lu seemed to give up on (no way that Thomas gives up on a puck like that). Ya can't really say they folded & lack leadership when you look at it going to 7 games in the finals though. The Canucks also badly outplayed them often at key times but Timmy was a wall, way more consistent than Lu and made the big stops when he needed to all series.  Anyone else but the Vezina winner in there and it's probably a different outcome but hey that's the way it goes. Grats Bruins you earned it & Canucks will get 'em next time. 
8/1/11 2:09 PM
Mark1

Spankenstyne -  Sucks they lost but hey it came down to the last possible game, both teams looked nervous early and it was a first goal wins series. I thought the Canucks were still gonna come back until that 3rd one that Lu seemed to give up on (no way that Thomas gives up on a puck like that). Ya can't really say they folded & lack leadership when you look at it going to 7 games in the finals though. The Canucks also badly outplayed them often at key times but Timmy was a wall, way more consistent than Lu and made the big stops when he needed to all series.  Anyone else but the Vezina winner in there and it's probably a different outcome but hey that's the way it goes. Grats Bruins you earned it & Canucks will get 'em next time. 
How can you say that they didn't choke?  They absolutely choked.

They open the series 2-0 and take control.  They have a chance to demoralize the Bruins on the road and go up 3-0.  What do they do?  Choke massively and get embarrassed 8-1.  Ok, fine.  They can take one on the road and come back home 3-1 and ready to close it out.  Nope, again, world-class choke and get blanked 4-0.  So they go on the road 2-0 with 4 GF and 2 GA.  The two games in Boston left them 2-2 with 5 GF and 14 GA.  Choke.

Come back home and squeek out a 1-0 win.  Where is the season leading offense?  The top scorers in the league??  oh yeah, its not quite as easy playing teams other than edmonton and colorado, huh?

So, back on top with a 3-2 series lead.  All they have to do is win one more.  Step it up and the Cup is yours.  They get bombed 5-2, giving up 4 unanswered goals in 6 minutes of the first period.  That is the very definition of choking.  They had a chance to win and they absolutely flopped.  Yeah, they scored 2 goals but it was a 4-0 shut out win for the Bruins for all intensive purposes.

Ok, back home for Game 7.  The epitome of a money game.  All in.  Winner takes all.  *insert every cliche here*.  A chance to win in front of your home crowd in a very loud arena.

What happens?  Choke.  Huge choke.  Get blanked 4-0.  Whomp whomp.  No cup for you.

The top scoring team in the NHL got shut out twice in a 7 game series.  They scored 1 pitiful goal three times in the series.  The remaning 2 games were real displays of offensive power by the Canucks - 1 2-goal game and a 3-goal explosion (1 in OT).  Meanwhile, the Bruins scored 23 goals in the series.  

Loungo choked and gave up 23 goals.  The offense choked and completely disappeared when all the chips were down.

Sorry, it was a near-perfect display of choking.

Maybe next year.  

Nah..  lol

Mark

8/17/11 3:06 AM
Spankenstyne
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yep lucky they got to play Edmonton & Colorado on their way to the finals... Oh wait.. I think they crushed the team that slapped Detroit around actually. Perhaps you were just blinded by the giant red & white local chokejob that was happening?

I think a better example of a textbook chokejob though would be being a favourite expected to play for the cup then losing in the second round. There's your folding under playoff pressure.

8/17/11 9:22 AM
Mark1

The wings shitting the bed had no bearing on the Canucks choking.

Mark Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.