UnderGround Forums

Weapons UnderGround >> Saiga automatic shotgun?

1/3/11 9:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jasonbaldy
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know much about guns but seem to remember seeing a video of an automatic shotgun called a saiga. Is this a decent weapon and how much do they sell for?
1/4/11 4:55 AM
Skpotamus
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You can buy a plain jane sporter version for around $500-600 most places. To convert it to an AK style with ak furniture is either gonna run you another 300-400 or take you some time.

http://www.tromix.com/Welcome.htm has the converted guns for sale.

My experience, they work quite well. AK reliability, low recoiling (adjustable gas tube lets you set it for your loads) and fast as hell. They actually got banned from IDPA competition as the pumps and tube fed semi-autos couldn't compete with them with the magazines.
1/7/11 1:22 AM
Stuart Scott's Eyeball
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jasonbaldy - I don't know much about guns but seem to remember seeing a video of an automatic shotgun called a saiga. Is this a decent weapon and how much do they sell for?
I bought mine for $425 at a gunshow here in Texas.  Normal price is around $499 or less

And yes they are badass pieces of machinery.  They are a 12 gauge shotgun built on an AK platform. 
And as such they are the most reliable automatic shotgun on the planet.  I love mine.  Just bought a 20 round drum magazine for it.  Gonna test it out this weekend. 

http://forum.saiga-12.com/

This website will give you all the info you need to know

1/10/11 2:18 PM
Stuart Scott's Eyeball

TTT Phone Post
1/30/11 10:34 PM
BobAsh

Excellent weapon, it's an AK chambered for 12 Gauge; what more do you need to know?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.