UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> Bengals are one of the better teams at drafting.

1/4/11 7:50 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Alco Hauler
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mike Brown unloaded this little gem in the "Marvin Lewis is still our coach" press conference.

He was asked if he was going to add scouts so the Bengals could draft more effectively, and he responded by saying (paraphrasing), "We are actually one of the top 10 teams when it comes to drafting efficiency.  Over the last 10 years, we rank #10 in players drafted in that span that are still on the team.  We take pride in improving our roster via the draft."

Personally, I'd rank a draft and its effectiveness by measuring WINS and LOSSES.  In those 10 years the Bengals are 69-90.  But I guess I should give Mike Brown a gold fucking ribbon because a lot of the players he drafted are still on the team.  I mean seriously, who cares about wins and losses?

What a delusional sack of shit.

It's getting harder and harder to justify the money I spend on season tickets.  If it weren't for the tailgates I think I would throw in the towel.

1/4/11 8:42 PM
Tommy Gunnz
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I feel your pain Alco. Cincy seems like they have good pieces in place where did it go wrong this year? Last year their defense was awesome, had a great running game which equals success. I don't know exactly what Benson did this year but was he a complete bust? They HAVE to replace Carson Palmer IMHO...
1/4/11 10:12 PM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That statement is just logically absurd. The fact they are still on the team doesn't speak to the quality of the player and their contribution. "Yay, we drafted alot of crap players, but at least they are crap players dedicated to the Bengals."

As an aside, posters like yourself are the reason I come to the NFL sub forum Alco. You have to keep going to the games so you can then come and post here.
1/5/11 5:14 AM
Monroe
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you had to guess, which free agents do you think will be re-signed? Is Bratkowski finally gone?
1/5/11 5:21 AM
Monroe

Cincinnati's draft efficiency, Exhibit A:

1/9/11 6:54 PM
Steelersfan 24 7
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Honestly the Brown family is the reason why the Bengals will never be an elite teamin the league. They will have a decent season every few years and make the playoffs, but they will never be consistent.
1/9/11 7:08 PM
Alco Hauler
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steelersfan 24 7 - Honestly the Brown family is the reason why the Bengals will never be an elite teamin the league. They will have a decent season every few years and make the playoffs, but they will never be consistent.

truth
1/20/11 1:12 AM
Jmunzies
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Carson should get one more year to prove he can be elite again. I think we cincy fans got spoiled watching greats like David klingler, Jeff Blake, Neil Odonald, Akili Smith......... ahhh I miss 90s Bengals football.
1/20/11 4:44 AM
Kliquid
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They draft a bunch of thugs who generally get extremely overhyped by the media and end up not being that great. Some have worked out, but yeah. 
1/20/11 2:42 PM
thePetester
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Carson should get one more year to prove he can be elite again."

Carson had one very good year and one good year. He has never been elite. He does not put up absurd numbers and he is not clutch. You must be one or the other (at least) to be considered elite and he just ain't it.
1/20/11 4:47 PM
Jmunzies
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thePetester - "Carson should get one more year to prove he can be elite again."

Carson had one very good year and one good year. He has never been elite. He does not put up absurd numbers and he is not clutch. You must be one or the other (at least) to be considered elite and he just ain't it.

Yea, maybe you're right. But I know after the 2005 season a lot of analysts, insiders and fans were saying he was in the top 3 or 4 qbs in the league.
1/20/11 5:03 PM
Alco Hauler

Jmunzies - 
thePetester - "Carson should get one more year to prove he can be elite again."

Yea, maybe you're right. But I know after the 2005 season a lot of analysts, insiders and fans were saying he was in the top 3 or 4 qbs in the league.
He was at the time.  I still have faith in him.  He played better when TO and Chad weren't in the game.  TO and Chad have a tendency to make shit up as they go along, and neither guy will lay out for a ball over the middle.  They both have a tendency to grow T-Rex arms in traffic.  Many of Carson's INTs this season were the direct result of those two.

I'm not saying Carson didn't play bad this year - because he did.  Way too many pick 6's.

Get rid of Chad.  Get rid of TO.  Get rid of Bratkowski.  Do those 3 things and I think we'll see the Carson of old.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.