UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Grispi :Don't know why I had the worst night ever

1/6/11 11:18 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1025 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

“I’ve never felt like that for a fight,” Grispi said of his loss at Saturday’s UFC 125. “I didn’t feel like myself even going out. I was trying to get ready for the fight and I just couldn’t get into the mode to fight. I don’t know. I was trying to the whole time. I couldn’t think of what to do. I don’t know. I just froze up, I guess. I don’t know. It’s the first time I’ve ever felt like that.”

“I knew he was tough, he’s a brawler, he’s a tough kid – I just didn’t give him a fight, I didn’t really fight my fight. I didn’t really fight back. I was just in my own head. I just couldn’t think.”

“I can’t look at it anymore. I’ve just got to keep trucking, keep moving on and getting another fight in there right away. I want to smash someone. I’m pretty pissed at myself.”

“I learned obviously I can take a bunch of shots to the face and I know my heart. I always know I can go three rounds even if I’m getting beat up, the whole fight is going the wrong way — I can still stay in there and still try to win. It’s the worst night I’ve ever had and I still didn’t get finished. Even though it was a horrible performance on my part, I definitely learned from it.”

Read entire article...

1/6/11 11:19 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Sagiv Lapkin
1899 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It happens. People have "off nights". He's still a damn good fighter.
1/6/11 11:21 AM
Archer0545
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sagiv Lapkin -  It happens. People have "off nights". He's still a damn good fighter.

QFT
1/6/11 11:27 AM
Jsteven
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UFC jitters probably, but he is really good and fun to watch.
1/6/11 11:29 AM
Loco Lobo

The kid had an off night it happens, he realizes it and wants to fight right away the kid is game .
1/6/11 11:32 AM
PJ Benn Fan
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lucky for him that off night didnt happen vs Aldo (not saying it still wont).

If it had he'd still be drinking out of a straw in the ICU!
1/6/11 11:33 AM
Employer

I'm rooting for Josh, I agree with him also, it was probably good to get beat up like that to see what he can take. Hopefully Dana doesn't have too short of a leash on him, thank God he's not black or he'd probably be out of there
1/6/11 11:44 AM
goku

if you cant take your opponent down and you have inferior standup, you are likely to be in trouble...
1/6/11 1:54 PM
Cory P

ttt
1/6/11 1:58 PM
kottusch

aldo would have killed him
1/6/11 2:43 PM
John Harris
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My coach has a saying, "You can't shine all the time".  Hopefully you don't have one of those days on fight night.  It happens.
1/6/11 3:17 PM
orcus

Yes, so many of Aldo's opponents are dead or in the ICU.
1/6/11 3:25 PM
charms434
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

U guys bashing grasp must be sleeping. When that kid has his game face he's incredible "in-cred-I-ble". I'm serious. Hes that good Phone Post
1/6/11 3:26 PM
charms434
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuckin spellchwck on this iPhone. Grasp=grispi Phone Post
1/6/11 3:27 PM
charms434

But it's spells spell check wrong. FUCK YOU APPLE. Phone Post
1/6/11 3:29 PM
MotorBoater85

Always been a Grispi fan.  I remember reading about his local fights on massmma.net when he was just coming up.  Hope he comes back with a vengeance!
1/6/11 3:29 PM
palerider101
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he will be fighting for the title on new years next year
1/6/11 3:30 PM
TheGARV
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAHQ, Underwear Model
 Great attitude after a brutal beat down.  Maybe he overtrained, or like he said just wasn't there mentally.  Sounds like he's got the right outlook to come back tho
1/6/11 3:32 PM
shanoknowsmma

Edited: 01/06/11 3:32 PM
Maybe he under-trained and under-estimated.

"Nevah underestimate yuh opponent!"

--Bruce Lee
1/6/11 4:33 PM
catch wrestler
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You could tell as soon as he was in the cage and before the start of the fight that something was off. He didnt have the fire in his eyes.  He didnt look right physically either, like the weight cut was hard on him. I'm just speculating......

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.