UnderGround Forums

TravelGround >> Ireland

1/6/11 1:20 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
LeftBench
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Please give me your travel tips, fun things to do and see, etc. Looking to go late July.
1/17/11 8:01 PM
Seamus619
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ring of Kerry and Cliffs of Moher are musts obviously. I would recommend this as well:

http://goireland.about.com/od/dublinandleinster/gr/revbrunaboinne.htm
1/20/11 11:18 AM
skeletor68
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you end up in Dublin, give me a shout for a pint.

Go to Doolin in Co. Clare and head in to O'Connors pub for some great food and trad music. Beautiful spot.
There are a few nice (light) hikes and walks through the Burren too. The Karst surface makes it it a really clean walk and quite different.

Wicklow is also a really scenic county and you can travel there easily enough from Dublin.

Car rental and public transport are expensive, and outside of the cities fairly unreliable so keep your schedules flexible (i.e. allow time for delays etc.). It is a fun place to drive though as there is plenty of scenery so maybe keep an eye on getting a good rental price.

Let me know if you have any places you want to go, and I'll provide any extra info off the top of my head.

Also, search the threads for 'Burren', I posted a few pics of my walks there and some other Irish lads put up photos of the beautiful Glendalough in Co. WIcklow.
1/21/11 11:41 PM
LeftBench
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for the tips friends. Looks like my trip is getting cancelled... the girlfriend and I broke up, and she was the one who was really hoping for Ireland. I'm probably going to do something super cheap for myself.

I appreciate the help though.
1/22/11 9:04 AM
skeletor68
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LeftBench - Thanks for the tips friends. Looks like my trip is getting cancelled... the girlfriend and I broke up, and she was the one who was really hoping for Ireland. I'm probably going to do something super cheap for myself.

Shit dude, hope all is ok. Go spend the holiday money on coke and hookers!

If you do find yourself in this neck of the woods at some stage though let me know. Same goes for any other UGers checking out this thread.

1/30/11 2:14 PM
maui
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If its your first trip I would go south , Dingle and Castlegregory are real nice areas
12/8/11 12:13 AM
dcvillain
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

skeletor68 - 
LeftBench - Thanks for the tips friends. Looks like my trip is getting cancelled... the girlfriend and I broke up, and she was the one who was really hoping for Ireland. I'm probably going to do something super cheap for myself.

Shit dude, hope all is ok. Go spend the holiday money on coke and hookers!

If you do find yourself in this neck of the woods at some stage though let me know. Same goes for any other UGers checking out this thread.

I know this thread is almost a year old, I will be in Ireland teaching a seminar the first week of January, 2012, Dublin to be exact. Anyone want to meet up let me know.
12/8/11 8:27 AM
Skeletor68

Sounds good! I was wondering why this popped back up in my subscriptions. I'll be back to work in Dublin at that stage. Where are you teaching?

Any other Irish UGers interested?

12/8/11 10:57 AM
dcvillain
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im teaching at Defend U/Balance Dublin. Pm and I can give you the details. The seminar is Jan 7 and me and the wife will be there a few days prior until the monday after.
12/8/11 1:39 PM
LeftBench

said girlfriend and I got back together a mere few hours after our breakup lol. We are engaged now and might be hitting up Ireland in 2013

thanks again
7/6/12 7:15 PM
The Diet Butcher
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Headed to Ireland in September from Belfast to Donegal to Dublin. Any suggestions for those specific cities?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.