UnderGround Forums

Cigars, Beer & Poker Ground >> Online Tips?

1/6/11 3:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Dole Guy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just opened an account at Absolute Poker last week upon realizing how much my friends have been making on the site. One of my friends is up $125,000 in 2010 alone, the other ahead $25,000.

I've played poker on weekends in real life for a decade now and consider myself far above the average player so I'm not looking for beginner tips here. I've played free roll at UFC's poker site for a month or so leading up to real money just so I'd have a better idea of what to expect online.

My friends use pokeredge.com, doesn't pay for the program but uses it to manually search up players stats then inputs them into player notes. However unless you pay for pokeredge, what it provides is only a small portion of info on player.

First thing I'm curious about is are there any other poker player stat sites out there that do a better job then poker edge? Preferably free sites? lol

I read through some of the threads here, just wondering if you guys have any other advance online advice for making mad money? Thanks.
1/6/11 3:44 PM
cadeswallows
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dude its easy bro, just log on, play a little poker and win monies.
1/6/11 4:16 PM
The Dole Guy

That is a can't fail strategy my fine feathered friend.
1/6/11 5:40 PM
andre
448 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"First thing I'm curious about is are there any other poker player stat sites out there that do a better job then poker edge? Preferably free sites? lol"

Sharkscope gives you 5 free searches per day.
1/6/11 8:39 PM
VectorWega

The first tip I would give you is to not play on Absolute Poker.
1/6/11 9:01 PM
The Dole Guy

Sharkscope does give you a lot more detail thanks Andre.

@VectorWega What is wrong with Absolute Poker? Only reason I'm going there currently is because that is where my friends mostly play at. From what they tell me sites like Pokerstars are all Eurodonks who play hands like A 9 like they are premium.

There's a good question for an online poker noob. What's the best site to play on and why?
1/6/11 11:43 PM
cadeswallows
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this thread is awesome!!!
1/6/11 11:47 PM
cadeswallows

"I've played poker on weekends in real life for a decade now and consider myself far above the average player so I'm not looking for beginner tips here."

dude, ur golden bro, online is exactly the same, ul crush it.
1/6/11 11:48 PM
VectorWega

1/6/11 11:51 PM
VectorWega

The Dole Guy - From what they tell me sites like Pokerstars are all Eurodonks who play hands like A 9 like they are premium.
 I would hate to play against players that play A9 like it is a premium hand.
1/7/11 12:05 AM
cadeswallows

yeah if they play like that at stars u should DEFINATELY stay away
1/7/11 3:09 PM
stillmatic
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yup I hate it when fishes crack my Aces with their any 2 sooted cards. Sometimes, I don't even play them when a lot of people limp in since they're gonna lose anyways. Stupid fish and their schooling.

Yeah I would stick to AP. Even though they got busted for cheating, at least they have people on there that play properly. It's soooo much easier against people that know how to play than some random idiot that doesn't know what they're doing. That's my 2 cents at least.

1/7/11 5:22 PM
The Dole Guy

My feelings exactly stillmatic. Play a bunch of donks and the game quickly becomes far more sided towards pure luck then it does actual skill.

How recent was that poker scam video?
1/7/11 8:43 PM
VectorWega

The Dole Guy - My feelings exactly stillmatic. Play a bunch of donks and the game quickly becomes far more sided towards pure luck then it does actual skill.

How recent was that poker scam video?

At least sarcasm isn't lost on you.

The video was from a few years back.  Not only were both cheating scandals inside jobs, but the poker sites completely mishandled the aftermath (ignored the issue, tried covering it up, never released information about all of the perpetrators, and never went after any of the perpetrators).  I wouldn't have much confidence in the site.
1/8/11 2:11 AM
tj tapper
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I cannot even tell who is bullshitting who on this thread.

Bravo.
1/8/11 8:40 AM
Pikes
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fantastic thread. Can't agree enough about avoiding the donks, makes for a terrible game.
1/8/11 10:35 AM
VectorWega

The thing you want to do is find out which players make the most money and then follow them to their tables.  That way you will avoid donk beats like a guy calling you with J6 when you raise 6x BB with aces preflop and him spiking 2 sixes on the flop.
1/8/11 9:57 PM
The Dole Guy

I can't even tell if I'm being sarcastic anymore.

@ phydeau - I've been mainly doing couple dollar tourneys or re-buy tourneys. Downloaded that poker tracker program which will prove useful even in those tourneys if you are at the same table as someone for a while. Getting to see the muck card is always a bonus addition read on someone too. Thanks.
1/8/11 11:59 PM
mpthief
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

VectorWega -  The thing you want to do is find out which players make the most money and then follow them to their tables.  That way you will avoid donk beats like a guy calling you with J6 when you raise 6x BB with aces preflop and him spiking 2 sixes on the flop.

lol blind leading the blind
1/8/11 11:59 PM
mpthief
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

VectorWega -  The thing you want to do is find out which players make the most money and then follow them to their tables.  That way you will avoid donk beats like a guy calling you with J6 when you raise 6x BB with aces preflop and him spiking 2 sixes on the flop.

lol blind leading the blind
1/9/11 1:17 PM
cadeswallows

im so confused, i think i trolled myself
1/10/11 12:39 PM
kinsey3745
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thread of the Year potential.
1/10/11 12:42 PM
andre
448 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm going to be the asshole that ruins the party. Sorry. Although, maybe I am falling for the OP's troll.

The Dole Guy, I think everyone here knows what you mean by saying that playing against donks is worse because they play hands they shouldnt play, but that kind of thinking is exactly the opposite of the kind you need to have. You want to seek out the donks and adapt your game for profiting from them. Sure they will suck out on you from time to time, but poker isnt about individual hands but about long term profitability and you will only be profitable in the long term if you are getting your money in better than your opponents.
1/11/11 10:59 PM
The Dole Guy

Yes people have been giving me mixed signals in this thread. I get that one should be drawn into playing with bad players as they are easy to exploit. It is just that some donks always seem to get the best of me.

Oh and I have won two separate SNG's for a combined profit of $51.76 in the last week alone. I knew I could dominate online in no time. Thanks to everyone that gave me advice and if you have anymore tips let me know.
1/12/11 2:27 AM
andre

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.