UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Charles Bennett Explains KOing Wanderlei Silva

1/7/11 8:21 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
grkblood
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/07/11 9:13 AM

Charles Bennett aka Krazy Horse aka Kid Khaos tells us his side of the story concerning the Chute Boxe fight backstage at Pride Shockwave 2005.

Apparently Chute Boxe actually stole the video from the Japanese and edited it themselves.

Charles says that Wanderlei is the one kicking at his feet at the end of the video. When Charles got up he grabbed his jacket and popped Wanderlei on the chin knocking him out.

The entire interview can be heard at this link:
http://www.joeshowradio.com/archive/podcasts.php?id=20110106-The-Joe-Show-ft-Charles-Bennett-and-Antonio-McKee

1/7/11 9:00 AM
whoabro

Bennett has some sick KO power, don't see why it's hard to believe he could put Wand down
1/7/11 9:11 AM
Mr Sponge

Lol if he did Phone Post
1/7/11 9:14 AM
BabyZeus
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Regardless of what happened, it's still pretty entertaining!
1/7/11 9:14 AM
bryanand
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People complain about the brawl in Strikeforce yet this shit went on all the time in Pride and was epic.

I still think Baroni and Wand should fight to clear up Baroni stepping on his neck.

1/7/11 9:16 AM
grkblood

I believe Charles to after my cohost asked him. Prior to this I didn't, I thought he was lying. At this point though he seems genuinly truthful and he gives names tthe names of two people that can back his story up.
1/7/11 9:18 AM
romophobia
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I find that highly unlikely.
1/7/11 9:20 AM
thefightingsheep
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You know you're in trouble when you get in a streetfight and the other guy is getting cornered in Portuguese.
1/7/11 9:22 AM
Winston Wolf

dont believe sorry
1/7/11 9:22 AM
grkblood

thefightingsheep - You know you're in trouble when you get in a streetfight and the other guy is getting cornered in Portuguese.

lol
1/7/11 9:25 AM
grkblood

someone call up eddie deluca!
1/7/11 9:27 AM
BigWilliam
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pure bullshit, I wouldn't believe anything that came out of the scumbag criminal's pie hole.
1/7/11 9:38 AM
asn
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know this has been talked to death but it is wierd that there is obviously an edit in the vid at 1:35 of the youtube video (00:29:43 on the real video count) that cuts to bennet fully in the triangle but if you follow the counter on the vid it doesn't skip ahead it goes from 00:29:43 to 00:29:44.

1/7/11 9:44 AM
Ethan Crane
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thefightingsheep - You know you're in trouble when you get in a streetfight and the other guy is getting cornered in Portuguese.

LOL
1/7/11 9:44 AM
grkblood

yep, it definately does. funny thing is thats not even the part that he says anything happened. he says he KOed him after he got up from tapping on his shoe.
1/7/11 9:53 AM
ranier wolfcastle
633 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

then silva went out and beat arona
1/7/11 10:14 AM
grkblood

hes just got amazing recovery time
1/7/11 10:17 AM
ron den otter

Well, what do the witnesses have to say? Do I think that he has the power to KO Wanderlei? Yes, esp. if he cold-cocked him, which he probably did, if he did anything. But I'm not just going to take his word for it...
1/7/11 10:18 AM
DreamerMMA
384 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rupture Clothing, Marketing Rep.
bryanand - People complain about the brawl in Strikeforce yet this shit went on all the time in Pride and was epic.

I still think Baroni and Wand should fight to clear up Baroni stepping on his neck.

I thought it was Coleman that stepped on Wands neck?
1/7/11 10:20 AM
ron den otter

Yes, it was Coleman, not Baroni...
1/7/11 10:21 AM
bryanand
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Was it Coleman? Either way I'd like to see Baroni/Wand

1/7/11 10:23 AM
Haulport

Darth BLAF - <p>Wanderlei and Chute Boxe acting like a gang of thugs/schoolyard bullies as per usual.

And some people (i.e. most people), who hadn't been paying attention to Anderson Silva's early career, were actually surprised and shocked when he finally dropped the schtick and exposed his true personality and it turned out he wasn't the "classy" and "humble" guy the UFC marketing machine gimmicked him as.

Lmfao.

Just a chute boxer chute boxin'......

Shogun Rua is probably about the only thing to ever come out of chute boxe with a modicum of class.
 </p>
You are a fucking asshat loser. serkiously who long before you get banned again and disappear for a couple of years? Fucking waste of thread space.

How exactly is a whole group of guys NOT jumping one dude and instead ensuring that it is a fair 1-1 fight and breaking it up when it's done acting like thugs?

You should be banned for calling Wanderlei a thug - clear fighter bashing of one of the classiest men in the sport.
1/7/11 10:29 AM
MarkRobinson
882 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

word/ I agree with Haulport.

Also, i dont think its far fetched that Charles KOd Wandy. There are two sides to the story. As i did when it first happened, ill reserve judgement because the video is incomplete.
1/7/11 10:31 AM
chaplinshouse
650 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WATA-BATA-ME-WATA-BATA-ME! WATA-BATA-ME-WATA-BATA-ME-! WATA-BATA-ME-WATA-BATA-ME!

if i ever get in a street fight with a chute boxe member i'm taking it straight to the ground! and i'll swing wildly deep in his guard with no concern for the triangle!
1/7/11 10:31 AM
Senji

I remember hearing about this years ago before the footage came out. I remember Krazy Horse saying he got into it with chutebox and ko'd Wanderlei. He never mentioned the triangle until obviously the footage came out.

I'm not saying that it couldn't of happened or that he couldn't of landed a surprise shot on Wanderlei. Who knows? Maybe he landed a shot... I don't know.

I will say this though I've only ever heard this story from one source and that's Krazy Horse. No one else has said anything about it.

Also Wanderlei went on to fight Arona that same very night. I find it hard to believe that he would of been able to compete and win against Arona if he had been Ko'd less than an hour earlier. I don't remember seeing any marks on his face when he went out to compete that night (need to verify that).

Let's not forget also that Wanderlei isn't the 'calmest' person in the world. Had he been dropped or 'Ko'd' by Krazy Horse to say there would of been a feud is an understatement. However, we haven't heard anything about it from the chuteboxe camp since.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.