UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Alves: 'Sad' former trainer would try to 'defame'

1/7/11 4:58 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1067 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Fighters Only spoke with Alves’ agent Malki Kawa  a short while afterwards, and Malki had this to say:

“I spoke to Thiago this morning. Thiago didn’t have any comment other than to say "It is sad to see a friend defame me, my achievements, and my training partners because of a relationship that didn’t work out  between me and my strength and conditioning coach.”

Benkei’s comments spread quickly across the internet this morning but were widely dismissed by most fans as ‘sour grapes’. Alves used the services of Mike Dolce for his last fight (against John Howard) and was on the scales at 171 pounds.

read entire article...

1/7/11 6:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
glock4life
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Benkei used to post here and give out tips.
1/7/11 6:35 PM
Legalize It
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yea well now he can suck a dick (benkie)
1/7/11 6:46 PM
Mad Xyientist
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like how Mike Dolce has found his niche as a weight/nutritional consultant. I'm glad MMA is a big enough business for these jobs to even exist.
1/7/11 7:17 PM
mugatu
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Going with Dolce was a great decision by Thiago, you could tell his conditioning was 100x better in his fight with Howard vs his fight with Fitch.  I can't think of many welterweights that are going to be able to beat him if he keeps up the same form.
1/8/11 12:18 AM
OneSidedWar
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can remember when Benkie came to the UG.....

Everyone thought he was crazy as horse shit...lol.

Good ol' days!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.