UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> I'm a Fatass,ordering RUSHFIT! Follow me on the UG

2/6/11 1:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
hackett
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I AM NO TARD. I just think seven cups of brocolli is a little extreme, Mister Green Deuce Dropper.

Holy crap that's a lot of brocolli.

TH
2/7/11 2:17 AM
AceAtGSU
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Deuce, definitely no need to get upset here. I said no one here is a dietitian and no one here knows his background. Are you, or do you?

If he follows your diet maybe he will lose the weight quicker, but someone who is eating burritos for lunch and dinner jumping into a diet where he is eating what you are would be likely to stray often. He should probably work himself into better eating habits gradually.

In any case these decisions are his not ours, as he is the one who lives with the consequences, good or bad.
2/7/11 9:40 AM
DueceDroppin
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AceAtGSU - Deuce, definitely no need to get upset here. I said no one here is a dietitian and no one here knows his background. Are you, or do you?

If he follows your diet maybe he will lose the weight quicker, but someone who is eating burritos for lunch and dinner jumping into a diet where he is eating what you are would be likely to stray often. He should probably work himself into better eating habits gradually.

In any case these decisions are his not ours, as he is the one who lives with the consequences, good or bad.

Ace...I never once said for him to follow my diet. I told him that taco bell burritos are not healthy and posted my diet as an example of what a healthy diet looks like as most people have not clue. I don't feel like looking back, but I'm 99% sure that I'm the one that asked him about his diet as I figured that it would be crap.

As far as being a nutritionist, I am not but my friend who portioned out my diet is. We took foods that I like to eat, and have easy access to, and portioned them out for my body size and activity level.

Of course the decisions are his. Since I'm generally a pretty caring guy, and since he needs help, I'm posting information that WILL help him if he chooses to use it OR learn from it.
2/7/11 9:44 AM
DueceDroppin

hackett - I AM NO TARD. I just think seven cups of brocolli is a little extreme, Mister Green Deuce Dropper.

TH

But you understand that science does not revolve around nutrition according to hackett right? 6-7 cups of greens for a 200# athlete is great, and that's according to science.
2/7/11 10:31 PM
ECWCock

***Important very embarassing update

I fell off the wagon.  I lasted a week, and when my first rest day came, I took it and I let life keep me from starting back.  I had good excuses, like working extremely long days and family getting sick problems, but that doesn't matter.

I'ts been, I'm guessing, 4-5 days since my last workout.  My diet has strayed a little, but not severely.

Just letting ya'll know that I'm resuming where I left off tomorrow, Feb 8, 2011...the start of week 2.

Feel free to bust my chops.  I feel very faggish romoshops coming on.
2/7/11 10:52 PM
HexRei

why would be waste romo work time on you! you failure.
2/7/11 10:56 PM
groundfighter2000
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ECWCock -  ***Important very embarassing update

I fell off the wagon.  I lasted a week, and when my first rest day came, I took it and I let life keep me from starting back.  I had good excuses, like working extremely long days and family getting sick problems, but that doesn't matter.

I'ts been, I'm guessing, 4-5 days since my last workout.  My diet has strayed a little, but not severely.

Just letting ya'll know that I'm resuming where I left off tomorrow, Feb 8, 2011...the start of week 2.

The thing about slip ups is that they are going to happen. There is no such thing as being PERFECT all the damn time. The sooner you accept this the easier it will be. I used to fall into that trap and the second i had a slipup it was a downward spiral. The thing to do is say (for example if it is a diet fuckup) "ok i ate that cookie, but not gonna eat the rest of the box, im gonna go workout, or im gonna eat a fruit or vegetable" you have to move on and fix it right away, not say "tomorrow" or "next week" or "next month" cause that turns into "never."
2/7/11 10:58 PM
DueceDroppin

1. How has your diet strayed when it has sucked all along?

2. No one has time to stay/get in shape. Those who do make time!!

Tough love...Quit making excuses and get your shit together with this!!
2/7/11 11:12 PM
ECWCock

DueceDroppin - 

1. How has your diet strayed when it has sucked all along?

2. No one has time to stay/get in shape. Those who do make time!!

Tough love...Quit making excuses and get your shit together with this!!

LOL

You remind me of:
2/8/11 1:21 AM
hackett
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DueceDroppin - 
hackett - I AM NO TARD. I just think seven cups of brocolli is a little extreme, Mister Green Deuce Dropper.

TH

But you understand that science does not revolve around nutrition according to hackett right? 6-7 cups of greens for a 200# athlete is great, and that's according to science.

I understand science does not revolve around nutrition according to you either, Doctor GreenPoop.

But yeah, I agree that green vegetables are important and the guy needs help with his diet. He should do what you did and consult someone who knows both him and himself.

He should also quit being a puss and excercise again.

So, come on, EC-Dub. You've gotta believe, man!!!

TH
2/8/11 9:03 AM
DueceDroppin

hackett - 
DueceDroppin - 

TH

I understand science does not revolve around nutrition according to you either, Doctor GreenPoop.

But yeah, I agree that green vegetables are important and the guy needs help with his diet. He should do what you did and consult someone who knows both him and himself.

He should also quit being a puss and excercise again.

So, come on, EC-Dub. You've gotta believe, man!!!

TH

Since, in typical UG fashion, you won't own up to your original statement, lets make this real simple. How many cups of green veggies should a 200 pound athletic male consume on a daily basis?

I actually like this post that you just made EXCEPT that you are having so much trouble owning up to being wrong.
2/8/11 9:55 AM
southpaw86
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub'd! Phone Post
2/8/11 11:24 AM
hackett

Jeez, man. You guys with bowel movement-themed screen names sure are sensitive about your brocolli intake.

If it works for you, great! But it may not work for him, especially when he's making the switch from burritos. I think the post I quoted is sound advice and I actually think you'd agree.

Anyway, I'm done with your green vegetable intake. We have a better battle to fight here.

Come on E-C-Dub. 23,000 views to this thread now. That's like 10x as many views as a Renzo Gracie interview I posted last year. You've got to believe, man!!!

TH
2/8/11 11:35 AM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Carbs -> Insulin -> Hyperinsulemia & Insulin resistance -> Diabetes, high blood pressure, heart attacks, coronary thrombosis and loads of other nasty stuff.
Diabetes alone is enough reason to permanently limit your carb intake.
2/8/11 11:41 AM
ECWCock

The workout is not the problem.  Well, it has been the last few days.....

It's the diet.  I don't cook.  I'm just learning how to count calories.  The recipes are great if you are used to eating that way, with plenty of oatmeal (yuck) and veggies (for the most part yuck).  My veggies at the moment are mostly different kind of beans.  Is that good enough?  I'll also eat tomatoes and corn.

What fucked me up was on my cheat/off day I had a couple of 40's instead of actually cheating with food.  I've done it twice since then.  But no more.  I had never even considered that beer had so many calories until I googled it just now.  I unknowingly was throwing off my calorie count by a LARGE margin.  Check this out:

How many calories in a 40oz of King Kobra?

King Cobra beer has 603 calories in a 40 oz bottle. ChaCha!

So I've been drinking almost as many calories as I've been eating a day (1,200).  That stopped as of last night.  No more Colt 40's.  If I have to cheat and grab a beer, it will be maybe 2-12 oz cans.

So its the lifestyle change that is getting me.  But I guess the good news is that in the past when I'd diet, it would last for 3-4 days and I'd go off of it for months then repeat the process.  That's not gonna happen this time.  I won't let it.
2/8/11 11:44 AM
ECWCock

And this is the main reason I made this thread in the first place.  I need the accountability.

2/8/11 11:59 AM
JudOWNED
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dude, I lost 30 pounds (went from 210 to 180) a couple years ago. I think you're trying to do too much too soon. My advice would be, don't even worry too much about trying to "diet" and count calories. It will be too difficult for you, especially while starting a new and very intensive work out program. Instead, try this AS A PLACE TO START.

1. Just start cooking your own food. Even if you are not doing these fantastically healthy "diet" recipes, you will still be making a large improvement over eating out, or eating a lot of processed food which tends to be high cal/high fat.

2. Switch all breads, pastas and grains to whole grains. Buy 100% whole wheat bread. Buy whole wheat pasta (I like the Barilla plus that has added protein). Buy brown rice. And eat sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes.

3. Eat lean protein. Chicken breasts and fish, mostly. It's easy, and inexpensive.

4. Eat 6 times a day, but smaller portions. Being constantly hungry will kill your willpower. Eating every few hours helps keep you from feeling hungry, and helps boost your metabolism.

Doing all that will be hard enough for you. So find easy ways to cook, like grilling. Forget about counting calories. Don't starve yourself. Just start with this. Then, when you get used to this and eventually hit a weight-loss plateau, you can start tightening things up then.
2/8/11 12:19 PM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ECWCock:
If you have difficulties in knowing what to eat, check out the food matrix by Robb Wolf:
http://robbwolf.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/thePaleoSolution_FoodMatrix.pdf

2/8/11 12:29 PM
ECWCock

NorthFromHere -  ECWCock:
If you have difficulties in knowing what to eat, check out the food matrix by Robb Wolf:
http://robbwolf.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/thePaleoSolution_FoodMatrix.pdf

I looked at the list and I'm confused.  There are lots of different kinds of beans, green beans, lima, butter, peas, kidney, ect.  Why wouldn't beans be on the veggie list?  Also, no corn or tomatoes.  Do these somehow not count as healthy veggies?
2/8/11 12:54 PM
NorthFromHere

ECWCock -  I looked at the list and I'm confused.  There are lots of different kinds of beans, green beans, lima, butter, peas, kidney, ect.  Why wouldn't beans be on the veggie list?  Also, no corn or tomatoes.  Do these somehow not count as healthy veggies?

Beans are starchy, high carb food. Not ideal for someone who wants to lose fat. For example kidney bean have 40 grams of carbs per 100 grams. Beans have also many substances (lectins, phytic acid, saponins etc) in them that are somewhat harmful to humans, which is why most beans need to be soaked and boiled and so on before they are edible.

Same goes for corn, which is also starchy high carb food. Corn has about 25 grams of carbs per 100 grams.

Some hardcore paleo eaters avoid tomato, because it's a nightshade with some harmful substances. Personally I think it's a bit extreme and I eat tomatoes a lot.

There's also a quick start guide and a shopping list at Robb's websites tools section. http://robbwolf.com/tools/
2/8/11 7:57 PM
RaginRedneck169
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What can help you with cooking is that I pre cook and set aside all my meat on Sunday, then just set aside portions for the week.  It helps out if you have a busy schedule and don't feel like cooking every night.
2/8/11 8:48 PM
UsedFleshlightEatingBull

i've been getting back into shape, and tuna has saved my life. i usually eat two cans a day. usually, i'll mix it with oatmeal, onions, spices, and a bit of salsa. i mix it up, and have a hella breakfast and post workout.

when i eat clean, my taste buds love healthy foods. if i'm not on a clean diet, i would certainly hate these concoctions i come up with.

best of luck, buddy.
2/8/11 8:55 PM
JerodR
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JudOWNED - Dude, I lost 30 pounds (went from 210 to 180) a couple years ago. I think you're trying to do too much too soon. My advice would be, don't even worry too much about trying to "diet" and count calories. It will be too difficult for you, especially while starting a new and very intensive work out program. Instead, try this AS A PLACE TO START.

1. Just start cooking your own food. Even if you are not doing these fantastically healthy "diet" recipes, you will still be making a large improvement over eating out, or eating a lot of processed food which tends to be high cal/high fat.

2. Switch all breads, pastas and grains to whole grains. Buy 100% whole wheat bread. Buy whole wheat pasta (I like the Barilla plus that has added protein). Buy brown rice. And eat sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes.

3. Eat lean protein. Chicken breasts and fish, mostly. It's easy, and inexpensive.

4. Eat 6 times a day, but smaller portions. Being constantly hungry will kill your willpower. Eating every few hours helps keep you from feeling hungry, and helps boost your metabolism.

Doing all that will be hard enough for you. So find easy ways to cook, like grilling. Forget about counting calories. Don't starve yourself. Just start with this. Then, when you get used to this and eventually hit a weight-loss plateau, you can start tightening things up then.

Good advise. Sometimes the worst thing people can do is go overboard right out of the gates. It is much harder to stick with something when you take on that much too soon. Just doing the program and making very slight changes to the diet will probably show really good results. It is one thing when you are already very active, but coming from eating crap with no activity it will not take much.
2/9/11 8:39 AM
JudOWNED
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just doing the program and making very slight changes to the diet will probably show really good results. It is one thing when you are already very active, but coming from eating crap with no activity it will not take much.

Exactly my thoughts, man. Thanks.
2/9/11 10:30 AM
DueceDroppin

hackett - Jeez, man. You guys with bowel movement-themed screen names sure are sensitive about your brocolli intake.

If it works for you, great! But it may not work for him, especially when he's making the switch from burritos. I think the post I quoted is sound advice and I actually think you'd agree.

Anyway, I'm done with your green vegetable intake. We have a better battle to fight here.

Come on E-C-Dub. 23,000 views to this thread now. That's like 10x as many views as a Renzo Gracie interview I posted last year. You've got to believe, man!!!

TH

Nice dicktuck and way to not own up to your own ignorant statements.

I did a little math for you.....
7 cups of broccoli =
175 Calories
21 Grams Fiber
21 Grams Protein
28 Grams Carbs
And a shitload of good vitamins, not to mention fairly filling.

So tell me again, why should he, or anyone, not be eating it? Are the stats I posted above really so "extreme" for a daily intake from green veggies?

Talk to me Mr. Dicktuck. Own up to your own ignorance so other people here can learn from it.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.