UnderGround Forums

SoldierGround >> Kuwait later this year, anyone going to be there?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

1/8/11 2:26 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bo Bice
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Deploying later this year and just started BJJ. Looking to train while I am there with what I have learned so far. Anyone know any contacts or will be there?
1/18/11 5:40 PM
TheeSenator
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll be there for a couple weeks this May. Phone Post
1/22/11 9:11 AM
Bo Bice

I will be in early June. Ill pm you when it gets closer to see if your still around. It will be @ Saleem AB
2/16/11 10:53 PM
TheeSenator
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Scratch that. I'm hoping straight to Afghanistan. Phone Post
2/24/11 5:16 PM
ChinoV
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

U should get the Matt Barvo blackbelt home course, lol. I was reading that thread u started before it got the attention, good shit. Im glad u expose that fake blackbelt. Hope u find people to train with, stay safe.
6/11/11 3:57 PM
Bo Bice

Haha I wasnt the first guy to find him out. These guys on bullshido did, I just started the thread on the UG.
6/13/11 1:22 PM
TheeSenator

Hey, the 160 and 180 from Oklahoma will be there next week. Phone Post
6/16/11 11:13 AM
Bo Bice

You know where by? Im @ Salem. Sucks we dont even have a mat area in the gym to roll on.
6/16/11 11:13 AM
Bo Bice

You know where by? Im @ Salem. Sucks we dont even have a mat area in the gym to roll on.
6/16/11 7:23 PM
TheeSenator

No clue brother. They just got re tasked from Afghanistan last week. Kind of sucks really because they trained for combat and now they're working who knows what now. 

I'll ask around here to see. 
6/16/11 7:23 PM
TheeSenator

No clue brother. They just got re tasked from Afghanistan last week. Kind of sucks really because they trained for combat and now they're working who knows what now. 

I'll ask around here to see. 
6/18/11 3:43 AM
Bo Bice

Ahh got you. I just found out we do have a Speed Bag, Heavy Bag, and 4 Mats for rolling. Should be a good deployment for me now if I can find some guys to train with.
6/25/11 12:22 PM
blueboy78

Bro i will be @saleem in Aug for the rest of the year. I always roll every night i am deployed mats or not.
6/26/11 4:51 AM
Bo Bice

Hey man sounds good. I found out we have a small 6-12 man group of guys doing no gi here. I have been going the last few days myself and enjoy they class. Pm me when u get here or before and I'll give u the info. Don't know of u have ever been here before but it's small, hot, n the food sucks. See u in august Phone Post
6/26/11 3:25 PM
blueboy78

Thats great to hear man I am excited that there are guys already rolling over there! whats the experience level like? mostly beginers? are there any purple or blues over there rolling?

Peace blue
6/27/11 12:54 AM
Bo Bice

From what I see the class is made up of people with less then a year of training. I cant speak for everyone but I have been training for about 6 months now. The instructor is here for another month or two and hes a brown I think.

I have not heard anyone other than him talk about belot rank. I know a few of us are having our Gi's shipped here soon so bring yours for sure.
6/27/11 7:58 PM
blueboy78

okay bro! i will for sure bring my gi. cant wait. I am a purple so if there is nobody to teach class i will.
7/7/11 2:00 AM
TheeSenator

Bo, have you seen any 45th guys around there?? With the Thunderbird patch on??
7/8/11 6:21 AM
Bo Bice

Could not say for sure i'm on another section than the Soldiers for most of the day. Do you know where in Kuwait they were coming through? If you get location specific PM and we can talk names.
7/9/11 8:16 AM
Guzzo

Bo where do you guys train? I will be going through Ali Al Saleem in a couple months.
7/9/11 9:23 AM
Bo Bice

There is a spot here on the base. There are about 8-10 people twice a week for JJ. PM and we can exchange contact info prior to you coming in.
7/26/11 12:27 AM
Bo Bice

blueboy78 - okay bro! i will for sure bring my gi. cant wait. I am a purple so if there is nobody to teach class i will.

Hey Blue just seeing if you had a hard date on when you would be coming into Kuwait. We had a few guys in class asking since the instructor that teaches now will be heading back home in a few weeks. We are going to try to keep the class going so that we dont lose our time slot here.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.