UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> Manning - 7 times One and Done

1/10/11 7:55 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
qp222
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he's gonna end up with all the reg season records, and maybe another 5 or so trips to the playoffs

so far in 11 post seasons he's 9 wins, 10 losses

a superbowl win over the saints lat year would have done alot for his legacy

can he end his career as the greatest ever? What would he have to do in his last 5 or so seasons?
1/10/11 8:04 AM
supersaiyan

Edited: 01/10/11 11:24 AM
all ican say is Peyton is the MAN for the records imo
1/10/11 9:09 AM
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Peyton is Marino + a ring, but at least he was better than TB on SNL.
1/10/11 4:20 PM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It is almost impossible for him to finish his career as the best ever. He has too long a history of bad playoff play. Hell the year they won he threw only 4 touchdowns in 4 games, with 7 intercepts. 
1/11/11 11:55 AM
Tommy Gunnz
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i've said for a long time that manning was overrated (no fucking way he is the greatest qb of all time like some people say). guy will never win another superbowl he is a choke artist and caught lightening in a bottle ONE time
1/12/11 8:08 PM
thePetester

Yeah, this thread would be completely legit if it weren't a TEAM SPORT.
1/13/11 11:36 AM
Nanook
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shambala Sports Network, Host, Producer
I like Manning. He's one of my current favorite players in the NFL.

That said, is there any difference between the Peyton Manning we see in the NFL and the one we saw in college with Tennessee?

Statistically, he has few peers. In the regular season, he's won a ton of games. He's turned the Colts in to a perennial playoff contender, which says tons about his leadership.

Yet, he's ALWAYS had troubles winning the big game. In college, it was always Florida who was the craw in his side. In the NFL, it seems like the playoffs, he struggles at times.

Granted, he has the Super Bowl ring and he's one of the best QB of our generation.
1/14/11 9:58 PM
Alco Hauler
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Waylay -  It is almost impossible for him to finish his career as the best ever. He has too long a history of bad playoff play. Hell the year they won he threw only 4 touchdowns in 4 games, with 7 intercepts. 

Yet nobody has any problem with patting Big Ben on the back for his Super Bowl wins.  Dude had one of the THE WORST Super Bowls EVER.

Using Super Bowl rings as a way to measure a QBs legacy isn't very fair, IMO.

But it is what it is.

1/15/11 9:55 AM
asdf
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Montana will be the best ever. He didn't win that first SB with Craig and Rice, he won it with Clark and some scrub at RB I can't even remmeber.

Manning will NEVER surpass that.
1/20/11 3:02 PM
thePetester

"Yet nobody has any problem with patting Big Ben on the back for his Super Bowl wins. Dude had one of the THE WORST Super Bowls EVER."

He did, but he was also the primary reason that they got to SB40. He had three very good games leading up to it. And SB43, he had a great game and should have been SB MVP.
1/20/11 3:03 PM
thePetester

"Montana will be the best ever. He didn't win that first SB with Craig and Rice, he won it with Clark and some scrub at RB I can't even remmeber. "

Earl Cooper I believe. And that defense the 49ers had was awesome.
1/20/11 5:06 PM
Alco Hauler
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thePetester - "Montana will be the best ever. He didn't win that first SB with Craig and Rice, he won it with Clark and some scrub at RB I can't even remmeber. "

Earl Cooper I believe. And that defense the 49ers had was awesome.

Montana is probably the best post season QB of all time, and even he went "one and done" 3 times.

1/20/11 6:06 PM
Kliquid
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's a team effort. Manning has played outrageously well in some games and his team still hasn't won. 
1/23/11 9:04 PM
Daverr

Tommy Gunnz - i've said for a long time that manning was overrated (no fucking way he is the greatest qb of all time like some people say). guy will never win another superbowl he is a choke artist and caught lightening in a bottle ONE time

lol.. sounds like a butt hurt jets fan...

we are what 7-1 against rex? lol. eat a dick.
1/24/11 8:18 AM
supersaiyan

lol ^^^

in all honesty i give credit to Sanchez as he gave it his all and has my respect is another warrior unlike that Chicago QB it seems

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.