UnderGround Forums

Judo/Sambo UnderGround >> Brian Germain

1/12/11 7:21 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ak 47
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am considering taking some judo classes and found Mr. Brian Germain at a Summerlin Accademy. Just wanted to know if anyone had any experience with him thanks.
1/12/11 7:30 AM
Bently
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He is a legit black belt. He was an elite US Judo athlete back in the 80's or so. Used to watch him compete at Sr. nationals, US Open, etc.

You should be fine with him.

Ben
1/12/11 7:35 AM
ak 47
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for the quick response. I appreciate it. So heres to starting Judo. Are there any common practices that I should know of coming from a BJJ background that might be different in Judo. I assume alot of the common respect practices are the same, bow entering building bow on and off mat, just want to make sure there are not any that Judo specifically seems to harbor.

Thanks
Andrew
1/12/11 7:49 AM
judoblackbelt
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I concur, Germain is top level judo. Watched him complete and win his Master's Div at the Nationals a few years. He just dominated. Forget all the jacket/pant patches. I see BJJ white belt gi's that look like NASCAR drivers. Keep us posted how things are going and do really enjoy it. Tthat is one ingredient you need.
1/12/11 12:39 PM
JuDoK@
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brian is a good guy and has good Judo. I have fought a few of his players and he has developed them very well.
1/12/11 2:44 PM
ak 47

Definitely going in with an open mind and I've been doing BJJ for just over 3 years. I just want to learn and wanted to make sure he was a legit teacher. I want to grow as a martial artist and judo will compliment my BJJ. If nothing else it will vastly improve my standup game. So I'm ready to learn and will definitely keep you posted on the progress.
1/12/11 8:47 PM
gbutts
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Has good judo and also competes in bjj. He understands how to combine judo and bjj
1/13/11 12:09 AM
Bently
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just go to class and they will let you know about the reiho/etiquite they want followed. Don't overthink it.

Ben

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.