UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> Brady is better than Peyton and its not close

1/13/11 3:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tommy Gunnz
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't really get all the Brady/Manning debate that constantly goes on. You all know I hate the motherfucker but would anyone here really take Peyton over Brady to start an NFL franchise? or to play in a big game?

Brady is the best qb of all time IMHO (obviously, I can only go by the qbs that I have been alive to see)
1/13/11 9:57 PM
supersaiyan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i like peyton....i am sure the stats n numbers is on peytons favor tho (except superbowls)
1/14/11 12:17 AM
Kliquid
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I couldn't agree more. I mean, in my opinion, they're both certainly top-10 of all-time... But Brady is just so damn clutch, it's sick. The man is like the Michael Jordan of the NFL when it comes to performing in big games.
1/14/11 9:54 PM
Alco Hauler
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brady.  Not even close.

Peyton fades when his players are hurt.  Brady could complete a pass to a blind-folded Anne Frank.

1/15/11 6:36 PM
hakeem0530
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

brady is a much better big game qb
1/23/11 11:01 PM
buddyang

petyon is way better of a qb than Brady. Brady can't preform without a really good team and play against shitty teams.
1/24/11 8:17 AM
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/24/11 8:18 AM
The best argument for Brady's superiority is that his performance improves in the playoffs. However, both were one and done this year.
1/24/11 1:09 PM
Slydawg

Manning NO CONTEST! It isn't even marginally close. I can't type all day to explain it but I will say a few breif sentences.

No one can read a defense like Manning. No QB ever... He must watch a lot of film and study. No QB can audible and change the plays like Manning. No one can control the offense like Manning in general. His work ethic and timing with receivers are crazy good. Manning’s level at the QB position is unmatched. The only low round pick Manning has is Reggie Wayne. The rest of those receivers’ would be nothing without Manning. There is a reason Manning is a multi-MVP! Brady is very good but not the best. The Patriots won 11 games with Matt Cassell at QB. The PATS system and coaches are superior. Without Manning the Colts would be pathetic.

Anyone that has played QB would agree that Peyton Manning is the best ever.

1/24/11 1:22 PM
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dallas Clark was drafted in the first round. So was Marvin Harrison.
1/24/11 5:51 PM
Daverr

lol Manning by forever!!!! um, 8th best player in nfl history, and the 20th!!!!! yea, ill take the pros word over yours asshole..

lol, and peyton just puts balls in amazing tight spots, hes has NEVER fucking missed a SINGLE GAME, oh, and QB is in his blood.

This isnt even a debate, just a thread started by a butthurt jets fan cause were 7-1 Vs Rex in meaningfull games or some shit, believe that.

oh, and sanchez is crap.
1/25/11 10:27 AM
Tommy Gunnz
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

you stupid fucking retard I will type this really slow so maybe you can understand. Rex is 1-1 against peyton manning as a JET. I could give a fuck less what his record against peyton was when he was on a DIFFERENT team.

and the JETS assfucked peyton in the playoffs in 2002-2003, 41-0!!!!!! YES thats 41-0!!!! and that makes the JETS 2-1 against Peyton is the playoffs in his career you fucking retarded monkey. So in 2 out of the 3 playoff games against the Jets peyton has thrown for a grand total of TWO (2) touchdowns in TWO playoff games. Eat a dick
1/25/11 10:13 PM
Daverr

^^^^ so you use my line, Eat a dick?

wow, just pittafull.
1/25/11 10:13 PM
Daverr

Lets bet all in on who will go farther next season then
1/26/11 8:25 AM
Slydawg

Not even a contest. Peyton is the only QB to run an offence. He is mentally light years ahead of any QB that has ever played. Sure Brady can audible but the play calling all come from the OC or Bill. Manning has no coaches that understand offence better than he does. I would rank Brady at #2 in the NFL right now. I also think Aaron Rogers is very good along with Brees. I think Rivers is showing some potential too but I admit to being a Chargers fan.

The only thing I hate about Manning is he throws an ugly ball.

Tommy- Your wrong about this one bro.
1/26/11 10:35 AM

Perhaps it's wiser to let someone else call the plays?
8/27/11 10:04 AM
Tebowkakke
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have to disagree with you Tommy. Here is why. Manning is essentially the offensive coordinator for the Colts. He gets a play in the huddle, then gets to the line with 15-18 seconds on the play clock and switches everything around. Can any NFL QB do that? Sure. Can they do it to the level Manning can? No way.

Tom Brady is a HOF QB no questions asked, but Manning is probably going to end his career as the GOAT. There has never been a QB who commands an offense like Manning, that can take so many different players and make them serviceable. Not to mention the guy doesn't miss a game (hopefully he won't this year), and always shows up to play. That is not to say Brady doesn't, but Manning is the better QB. Lets keep in mind those teams that won the Super Bowl in NE had guys like Seymour, Bruschi, Vraebel, McGinist, Harrison, Samuel, Wilfolk, on defense, and then they had an AMAZING offensive line. I think if Manning was given that defense (Indys defense over the years has not been able to stop a cold) Manning would have won just as many if not more SBs than Brady.
8/27/11 3:10 PM
Slydawg

I agree with Tebowakke. Mannings football IQ is unmatched.
8/27/11 6:37 PM
hakeem0530
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

brady is a far better big game and clutch qb. manning also has had much better offensive players around him throughout his career. most of brady's offensive players(skill position) have been average at best.
8/27/11 6:54 PM
C1010
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Slydawg - Manning NO CONTEST! It isn't even marginally close. I can't type all day to explain it but I will say a few breif sentences.

No one can read a defense like Manning. No QB ever... He must watch a lot of film and study. No QB can audible and change the plays like Manning. No one can control the offense like Manning in general. His work ethic and timing with receivers are crazy good. Manning’s level at the QB position is unmatched. The only low round pick Manning has is Reggie Wayne. The rest of those receivers’ would be nothing without Manning. There is a reason Manning is a multi-MVP! Brady is very good but not the best. The Patriots won 11 games with Matt Cassell at QB. The PATS system and coaches are superior. Without Manning the Colts would be pathetic.

This

Nothing against Brady (obviously he is a HOF'er) but he benefits from an excellent system that Bill Belichick has instilled.
8/27/11 6:54 PM
supersaiyan

^^ no
8/27/11 8:22 PM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Slydawg - Manning NO CONTEST! It isn't even marginally close. I can't type all day to explain it but I will say a few breif sentences.

Sure, and the year before that they went 18-1. They went from 589 points scored to 410. They went from 1st in points scored to 8th. They dropped FIVE regular season games with Cassell under centre. Is the system solid, and are the coaches exceptional? Sure. But let's give Brady the credit he deserves.
8/29/11 12:21 PM
thePetester

'brady is a far better big game and clutch qb.'

Much easier to be a big game qb when you know what blitzes are coming. And more and more opponents are finally saying that, yes it did give them an advantage. He has been very average int he playoffs over the last 5 years.
8/31/11 1:18 PM
Slydawg

This is one of the most ignorant threads ever. Saying "Brady is way better than Manning and it isn't even close?"

It is the other way around.
8/31/11 6:07 PM
sicko
306 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Granted he doesn't have the three rings that Brady has, but I'll go Payton Manning over Brady. Not taking anything away from Brady, but if you just sent a player out there to play the QB position, no coaches, no play calling, etc. Manning just rocks the position, all aspects of the position. If you told me that Manning understands the finer points of the position that QB coaches learn from him, i'd believe you.

I must stress, I'm not taking anything away from Brady, he's got his rings and has performed great, that can't be taken away from him. But if I had to pick which one I wanted taking the snaps for my team, I'd go with Payton Manning
9/8/11 11:55 AM
Granpa
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

While I don't agree that Brady is the GOAT (I believe that honor belongs to one Joe Montana), I do think he's better than Payton.

I don't think Payton is as flexible as Brady. There is a definite way to neutralize Payton, but I've yet to see anyone completely neutralize Brady.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.