UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> Brady is better than Peyton and its not close

9/8/11 1:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
thePetester
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"There is a definite way to neutralize Payton, but I've yet to see anyone completely neutralize Brady. "

really? I guess you missed SB against the Giants, games 1 and 3 against the Jets last year, the Ravens playoff game (or even games the Ravens find ways to lose against the Pats), etc? How can you say that there is a way to neutralize Peyton but not Braday?
9/8/11 3:02 PM
strikefitnessoutlawmma

I would have to go with Peyton. Brady has had much better teams
9/13/11 9:48 AM
Slydawg

The Colts are pathetic without Manning. Brady is just the second best. The supporting cast Brady has is the best. even Matt Cassell won 11 games. He is a terrible QB. It goes to show the coaching, depth players and system matter a lot.
9/13/11 10:25 AM
thePetester

"Brady is just the second best. "

And there is no shame in that.
9/17/11 8:58 AM
Slydawg

After Monday night football I saw another thread saying Brady was the best. I think it was a bunch of casual football fans that based it on that game where they destroyed miami.

9/19/11 12:46 AM
Kingdingaling
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

my 2 cents.....no one is close to manning on an iq level. but then again manning was a #1 pick and in theory should be that good. an people saying bradys teams are better are smoking crack. brady had a superstar team one time with moss as a reciever.
manning has played with one sure fire hof in his career in harrison and prob another close call with wayne. clark will be hof. saturday will be hof. edgerin james was a beast while in indy. colts o line is almost always for most of mannings career very solid.
now brady has played with one sure fire hof in moss. he got like a total of two seasons with him. welker would not be anything on another team, i watched him in college and while solid, he would maybe be outta league if not for the pats. who else on offense? branch? we saw what he did without brady in seattle. sammy morris? lol. pats o line? really never stacked up to indys til last 2-3 yrs. and the pats dump more players and pick up more castoffs every offseason every year than any other team. and coach billacheck (sp) was a shit coach until brady arrived. people forget that.
sorry for frat, but id take brady to start a franchise 10 times outta ten.
9/19/11 9:14 AM
thePetester

"welker would not be anything on another team, i watched him in college and while solid, he would maybe be outta league if not for the pats. "
You know almost nothing about football if you believe this.

"branch? we saw what he did without brady in seattle. "
I posted the stats in another thread. With the exception of one season, the numbers are < 1 catch per game difference and < 1 yard per catch difference. He put up very similar numbers with the several different and significantly inferior qbs. Your statement has no basis in reality whatsever.

"pats o line? "
Again, displaying your ignorance in football. The Pats are always considered to have one of the top 2 lines in the football.

"billacheck (sp) was a shit coach until brady arrived."
No, he wasn't. In fact, the Pats gave up draft picks to get him to come back.

And when people talk about the surrounding cast they are also talking about defense and special teams. If you put Vanderjagt on the Pats and Viniaterri on the Colts for all those SB runs the Pats went on, Brady probaby has 0 SB wins.

You either know very little about football or a just a huge Patriots fan who wants to give all the credit, including personnel decisions and coaching, to Brady.
9/19/11 12:47 PM
Slydawg

I guess Matt Cassell is awesome too. He won 11 games in NE with scrub players. hahahaha
9/19/11 3:33 PM
thePetester

"I guess Matt Cassell is awesome too. He won 11 games in NE with scrub players. hahahaha "

The NE fans will give you tons of reasons why that isn't impressive and then use the exact opposite logic to tell you why Brady is the GOAT. Cassell hadn't played a game since High School and he was able to come into the NFL and do that. It's the same mindset as the SEC fanboys.
9/20/11 4:59 AM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Slydawg - After Monday night football I saw another thread saying Brady was the best. I think it was a bunch of casual football fans that based it on that game where they destroyed miami.

Calling him the best of all time was probably a stretch. But the level of hate in that thread towards Brady was insane. People saying he would barely make an all time top 15 qb list.  Any Brady thread nowadays causes more controversy than even the old favourites, circumcision, vaccination and abortion.

As with almost everything here, the answer lies somewhere in the middle. As the Petester points out here, some of the comments by Kingdingaling  are just ridiculous. But as I pointed out in the other thread, almost no quarterback has won the Superbowl without a superior defense and solid run game. OG favourites Elway and Favre had them. Montana and Steve Young had them. When Manning won, he performed well below average in the playoffs but the Colts run game and defense stepped up big time. Downrating Brady because he was on a good team without downrating other Quarterbacks isn't fair.

His last 10 regular season games he has not been below 100qb rating. That includes games last year against the Steelers, Jets, Packers and Bears. 100+qb rating against all of them. Those 10 games he threw no intercepts. The last 18 regular season games he has been above 100 rating 14 times out of 19. The next best qb has 9 such games. In the time span he has been above 10 ypa 5 times. Rivers equals this but no else does.  For what it is worth Manning has zero in that span.  That is an insane level of quality over that time span.

That Miami game last week wasn't even his best game if you go on YPA. He was 10.77 against Miami. He has eight games better than that. In nine full seasons he has led the league in QB rating twice, total yds twice, cmp% once, passing td's three times. He is one of the most accurate, least intercepted qb's in history.

System be fucking damned. There is just no way a QB can produce what Brady has done without being a great quarterback. Is he better than Manning? I have no idea, my gut says probably not, but there is not really much in it. But I just can't see how anyone can deny him his place amongst the greats.
9/20/11 8:59 AM
thePetester

Hi Waylay,

I actually agree with what you say. My problem is more with the fan boys that want to give him all the credit for the 3 SB wins when, in fact, those three wins had more to do with gameplan, defense, and special teams. He has been a FAR BETTER quarterback from 2007 on, but has been sub 500 and unimpressive in the playoffs.

I probaby sound like I think he isn't that good, which isn't the case at all. I think he is in the top half of the second 10 of all time (6th-8th). I would actually put him above Favre.
9/20/11 12:15 PM
Slydawg

Waylay- I agree with you. Anyone who says Brady is not amazingly good don't know football. Right now he is the GOAT with Manning not playing. I have always said he was #2 behind Peyton. I rank Brady above Brees and Rogers. I think Rogers has the tools to be the next Tom Brady but time will tell. My personal favorite is Rivers but he is not eliete.

Brady plays in the frozen tundra and does well. This is something rarely gets notice.

9/20/11 2:27 PM
thePetester

Slydawg - Waylay- I agree with you. Anyone who says Brady is not amazingly good don't know football. Right now he is the GOAT with Manning not playing. I have always said he was #2 behind Peyton. I rank Brady above Brees and Rogers. I think Rogers has the tools to be the next Tom Brady but time will tell. My personal favorite is Rivers but he is not eliete.

Brady plays in the frozen tundra and does well. This is something rarely gets notice.

Every qb you named in your GOAT list is currently playing. That makes no sense at all!
9/20/11 3:03 PM
Slydawg

Peyton best of all time. Brady best one playing right now since Peyton is out. The rest are very debatabable.

Is that better?

12/9/11 9:52 AM
Slydawg

I think Rogers is by far playing the best and I think it is more obvious how good Peyton is. The colts are going 0-16!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.