UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Volkmann regrets comment in wake of AZ shooting

1/13/11 4:08 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1032 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Jacob Volkmann, the mixed-martial arts fighter who said last week he wanted to "knock some sense into that idiot" Barack Obama, told HuffPost on Wednesday that he regretted the comment in light of the Saturday assassination attempt on Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.) that left six people dead.

"I would never make that comment if that shooting happened first," said Volkmann, 30.

The Arizona shooting has resulted in widespread, and sometimes controversial, calls for toned-down political rhetoric. Volkmann, whose remarks won him a customary visit from the Secret Service, is toning it down.

"I can't imagine what it's like for the parents," he said, reflecting on the massacre in Tucson. "I got a four-year-old girl and a two-year-old boy."

Volkmann, who has a fledgling chiropractic business, was upset with Obama over health care reform and the Making Home Affordable program.

"The Making Home Affordable plan, and then his health care plan, someone's gotta knock some sense into that idiot," Volkmann said, shortly after winning a cage fight. "I'm a chiropractor, so I know the health care situation is not good, but he's making it worse."

HuffPost asked Volkmann, who lives in White Bear Lake, Minn., about his experience with Making Home Affordable. He said he started trying to get his lender to lower his interest rate back in 2008. When MHA's signature Home Affordable Modification Program launched in 2009, he said, the bank told him he was ineligible because his home is too far underwater and because he doesn't make enough money.

"I told them I was struggling paying the bills," he said.

A HAMP modification typically reduces a borrower's monthly payments by $500. If an eligible homeowner makes reduced payments during a trial period that is supposed to last three months, the modification is supposed to become "permanent" for five years. But the program is falling far short of its original goal -- to reach 3 million to 4 million homeowners -- as more people have been bounced from HAMP mods than have been given permanent relief.

Negative equity is not supposed to be a HAMP dealbreaker, but mortgage servicers who violate the program's guidelines have not faced any consequences from the Obama administration.

Volkmann said he owes about $172,000 on an interest-only loan on a house he bought in 2006 that is now worth $79,000. He said the bank sent him a HAMP application after he stopped making payments late in 2009, but now he just wants to do a short sale.

Read entire article...

1/13/11 4:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
nofatchicks
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My wife is a qc underwriter for mods including mha at a top 3 bank. If the average person knew what kind of scammers get approved for MHA they would be outraged.
1/13/11 4:43 PM
JerseyCityMMA

Can this dude just go away?
1/13/11 4:44 PM
ds1970
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm getting a little tired of hearing about Volkmann.
1/13/11 4:49 PM
MMc AA

This was blown out of proportion about 15 reports ago.
1/13/11 4:51 PM
JitsuGuy
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JerseyCityMMA - Can this dude just go away?

That's what everyone keeps thinking of Obama.
1/13/11 4:51 PM
Combat Vette
321 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nofatchicks - My wife is a qc underwriter for mods including mha at a top 3 bank. If the average person knew what kind of scammers get approved for MHA they would be outraged.

So tell us!!!  We OGers aren't necessarily "average", but we would still like to know!!
1/13/11 4:57 PM
Attila
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mature of him, but I've heard enough of this story.
1/13/11 5:08 PM
likatiga
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He and Obama need to sit down and have a beer on the lawn
1/13/11 5:15 PM
Squared Circle
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NEWSFLASH:

Volkmann Regrets Unremarkable Passing Comment in Wake of Completely Unrelated Event, Hypersensitives Breath Weak Sigh of Relief.

1/13/11 5:22 PM
sewich
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

well way to that the pussy way out of a bad PC move. Stick to your guns guy you owe no one a apolgy for answering a question.

1/13/11 5:31 PM
sewich
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nofatchicks - My wife is a qc underwriter for mods including mha at a top 3 bank. If the average person knew what kind of scammers get approved for MHA they would be outraged.

im always outraged cause its always the scammers that get the benifits where most people who go by the book get fucked over.

does anyone really wonder why people are getting so fucking pissed off in this country that they feel like they need to turn to violence? We have basicly made China the world superpower while reducing us to nothing, companies send all these jobs overseas then wonder why people are not buying their products, its because your consumers no longer have jobs and are living on the goverment teat just like they wanted. no better way to contol a mass of people than by controling their ablity to eat, where they sleep and their health.
1/13/11 5:36 PM
nofatchicks

Combat Vette - 

So tell us!!!  We OGers aren't necessarily "average", but we would still like to know!!

the typical story is people that bought high end cars and have $1200 car payments that coincide with the month they stopped making their mortgage payment. Never missed a car payment though.

People that earn six figures stop making their payment and get a 2% rate fixed for 5 years on their 200k mortgage. Rest of their credit is clean and paid on time.

People that buy a house, pay 6 months, stop paying and qualify for MHA and other mods despite their situation not changing from when they purchased the home.

People with multiple investment properties, all current and paid as agreed except for 1 and modding that 1 property.

IMHO and without any scientific evidence whatsoever I believe that for every 1 legit mod there are 5 bullshit ones. My wife thinks it's 50-50.

I don't blame people for taking advantage, I guess. I blame the institutions (banks and gvt) that allow people to do this nonsense that harms everyone that's paying as agreed month in and month out.

My wife texted me about 10 minutes ago that she just qc'd a file where the people havent paid for 63 months. What these people will do is turn down the mod, wait 6 months and reapply. It will start the process all over again and they will still not pay.
1/13/11 5:37 PM
nofatchicks

likatiga - He and Obama need to sit down and have a beer on the lawn

agreed. this is clearly a teachable beer summit moment. Any word on whether Biden will go import?
1/13/11 5:41 PM
knockoutfighter

JitsuGuy - 
JerseyCityMMA - Can this dude just go away?

That's what everyone keeps thinking of Obama.

+1
1/13/11 5:48 PM
Employer

what's lost in this whole controversy is that Obama would probably fuck him up
1/13/11 5:59 PM
nofatchicks

Employer - what's lost in this whole controversy is that Obama would probably fuck him up

maybe with 6 months sprawl training. Otherwise, I got Volkmann easy.
1/13/11 6:07 PM
nostripewhite

Give the moron a break. He got rid of McKee.
1/13/11 6:18 PM
THP

God damn... Can he be more revealing of his personal assets? Christ...
1/13/11 7:50 PM
collieman

Who's the idiot now?
1/13/11 7:52 PM
hubris
181 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this is the typical Obama hater

1/13/11 8:53 PM
arlovski666

Stdigg is correct. Phone Post
1/13/11 8:57 PM
jaybird

If you dont have eough common sense to know that intrest only loans or loans with 5year arms are not a good loan you deserve what you get.I to refinanced when the market was going crazy,and they kept asking do you want more money or why not take this loan with a baloon payment in five years.Went with a 30 year fix and it has been great,do i think i am super smart ,no but i do have common sense witch is sadly lacking now a days.
1/13/11 10:49 PM
SudburyBJJ

the guy is a chiropractor and ufc fighter. you`d think he`d have enough sense to not get himself into the mess he`s in with his mortgage. I`ve got no pitty for that.

buying on credit is fine...as long as you can afford to make the payments.

1/13/11 11:01 PM
nofatchicks

Edited: 01/14/11 10:08 AM
edit

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.