UnderGround Forums

MMA Memorabilia UnderGround >> UFC 1 Poster on ebay

1/19/11 9:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ChicagoTom
313 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol not gonna drop 4k on a 1. I would drop close to 2k on one though. Phone Post
1/19/11 11:15 PM
flyingtoehold
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck YOU brett, no one's jealous of you- fukn bum. Talking about growing up, I'm 28 and you're like 49 trying to get rich off of ufc and IFL posters and you're telling me to grow up.

Play by Play

This guy did ask Brett how much these posters were worth right after he asked csc cause csc had no idea. And then Brett offered to sell them on his site "to get him more money" right??

So then the guy with the posters gets an offer for 4500 for all of them from someone on the UG and the guy with the posters tells brett and brett tells him, why get 4500 for all of them when you can get 4500 for the UFC 1 alone. Guy with the posters doesn't know what the fuck to do and can't make up his mind and finally today brett tells him, I have someone that will pay 5000 but you have to send me the posters first, which the 5k is probably a lie and that's why guy with posters decided to go with mmacollector.

At the end of the day I bet those posters sit on Brett's site for like a year just like the rest of his shit which gives Brett time to come up with the money to buy them while junking everyone's offers.

Dale Doback would've offered a pretty penny and I was going to have a max bid of 5500 but I knew this was going to happen.

I just don't like it when people act like everything's fantastic while they do bullshit behind the scenes.

1/20/11 12:35 AM
FerrozzoFan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/20/11 1:33 AM
last time i check MMA collector was a business right? His job is to buy and sell mma items

sounds like some sand is in some vagina's
guy beat you to the punch and people are mad.

but to be honest the guy is a fool for letting someone else sell them. his best bet would be to throw them on ebay for 10k or best offer 30 day auction. the keep relisting till he gets what he wants. sorry but ebay would draw way more hits/views than mma collector imo

1/20/11 2:52 AM
FerrozzoFan

Dale Doback -  EBay would take a nice chunk of what it sold for though.  Should have sold them off of Ebay.  He was getting good offers, its not like anyone was trying to rip him off.

true. but after a few hundred the cut isnt that bad on ebay and mma collector aint going to do it for free.

but your right. list them on ebay, take offers then sell it off ebay. win win win
1/20/11 7:16 AM
fightpimp

FerrozzoFan - true. but after a few hundred the cut isnt that bad on ebay and mma collector aint going to do it for free.

but your right. list them on ebay, take offers then sell it off ebay. win win win
Yes, free. But only for high-ticket items that drive traffic to the site. win win. Also they act as an escrow agent so that the seller does not get screwed and only release the item after the funds have cleared. The payment is made to the seller and passes through. The seller benefits because the item(s) have been professionally examined and verified authentic BEFORE the purchase. (wow, I should have thought of that).

I could go on and on but what do I know... SgtAndy knows a hell of a lot more than me right??? Because he buys "fight-worn" GI's right??? Classic case of jealousy. 

Ebay is great for traffic, thats it, period. After the Ebay fees, Paypal fees (Paypal is an Ebay company) and the risks... its not good for a buyer or seller of a HIGH-PROFILE item, just traffic/leads.

I offered (personally) $4,500 for the posters. 

Don't talk shit about CSC either... between CSC and MMA Collector YOU HAVE 95% of the MMA Memorabilia marketplace outside of Ebay.

The ONLY REASON people (Andy is a perfect example) use Ebay is because they are too fucking stupid or do not have the means to build an actual internet presence if they are selling. jeremiah is an exception... he's just too lazy from smoking good bud. 9th toke industries is next after he burns strictnine imo.

Hey Andy get any deals from the Professor lately? Bwahahahahahaha! "fight-worn" BJJ gear. At least IFL shit is MMA! 

I just act fantastic. behind the scenes. lol.
1/20/11 9:38 AM
PTSandman

I only use eBay for advertisement. For 50 cents I can put up an auction advertising a ring used belt for a rediculious amount. It drives traffic to my website where the belt is priced more resonably.

1. The buyer gets the belt at a cheaper price.
2. I don't pay eBay's ridiculous fees
3. The auction promotes my website and generates new members to my website.
4. The increase in traffic to my site generates new sales on other unadvertised belts

It's a win, win for everyone involved.

The only people who "lose" are those guys who unrealistically though they would be able to get these at a decent price.

Once the link to the posters were put here, EVERYONE should have realized it was going to end up with the items being pulled, or auction being ended early.

I got out of poster collecting specifically because of this. You will all backstab eachother so easily over these posters.

Never post a link to a UFC poster auction.
Never tell anyone else, even "friends" about auctions.
Even if you win the auction, don't say anything until you have them in hand.

Brett did the smart thing from a business perspective. If he didn't, someone else here would have. If they didn't, someone else would have tried to work something on this guy.

So who cares?

CSC is the fool here because they had first crack at them. He could have had them for under $2k, and put them on the website. Even CSC not knowing jack shit about posters could have flipped them for double. The guy originally selling his posters would have gotten a few thousand. CSC would have doubled their money, and whoever bought them from CSC, would have still gotten all the posters at the value of the UFC 1 alone.
1/20/11 11:32 AM
tjsuckerpunch

fightpimp -  I'll get him at least 4-5K for the UFC 1 alone...

They dont sell for 5K you fucking moron, lol

And the only fake bid on my poster was Yumas, SgtAndy bid 3K

I offered him 4K for the lot, and when he said he was getting a ton of emails, I TOLD HIM, he would be better off splitting them up.
1/20/11 12:58 PM
PTSandman

That UFC 1 looked mint. We have seen UFC 1's in lesser condition go for more than $2k. Someone anal who wants it perfect for framing might pay more?

Or who knows, maybe some ToppsTard will pay $5k for it?
1/20/11 4:25 PM
fightpimp

Dale Doback -  I actualy think $4500 is a very fair price.

UFC 1 $2500
UFC 2 $1000
UFC 3 $600
UFC 8 $400

Anything other than that is just trying to rip the collector off.  Therfor, I should be the owner of the posters now.

Finally! Somebody that can do math! It's about time. Thanks Murph!!!

TJ... lol.
1/20/11 4:47 PM
fightpimp

Yeah Murph... mount up! grab your guns lol... M4 w/ a M203 below baby! I'll tote the SAW!
1/20/11 8:19 PM
ChicagoTom
313 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Your 1 is laminated? Phone Post
1/20/11 10:11 PM
fightpimp

Who laminated it? Do you know?
1/21/11 12:58 AM
flyingtoehold
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never talked shit about CSC and I've actually done and like doing business with him, cool guy.

One day I'll post the pics of all the shit that I have and who I'm currently working with to avoid backstabbing shit from happening. I like the fact that you think I just rely on ebay, let's keep it that way.lol

Oh and Galvao's Gi's were dealt to me way before he even started fighting and I've received some of his dream fight worn stuff since then. Cool ass dude, you should try getting off your old fat ass one of these days and look him up to get an understanding of how sick his bjj is.

Can't hate your hustle or the fact that you don't have a life........just hate you trying to run up prices, and you're a fag.lol PM me your cell#

1/21/11 1:28 AM
ChicagoTom

so are these posters even legit? Does the guy really have them?
1/21/11 8:39 AM
fightpimp

Dale may be correct. AND...

lol @ "the guy I bought it from"... wow people wont even mention his name any more... gotta laugh at that one, his tactics seem to have worked. Everybody has stfu!

Andy PM me your cell or your sisters (if she's over 18 that is)... hehehehe.... "old guys" like 18 year olds.
1/21/11 8:46 AM
fightpimp

"and who I'm currently working with to avoid backstabbing shit from happening"

good luck with that one especially around here. It will increase the stabbing frequency AND depth.
1/21/11 1:09 PM
flyingtoehold

Guess you want to keep this at a keyboard warrior level fag. Lol Done fukn with your old bitch ass. Back to UFC 1, lets see what happens BWAHAHAHA
1/21/11 1:10 PM
ChicagoTom

Dale Doback - 
ChicagoTom -  so are these posters even legit? Does the guy really have them?

Wouldnt surprise me if he has a badass collection and just likes trolling us small time guys on the UG

seriously. I could see this as being the case. IF so, it sure worked. We have people who thought they were friends for years telling each other to fuck off, people threatening to fuck sisters, and a god damn 3 page thread on the mem ground!!!! Shit is BANANAS! lol

1/21/11 1:31 PM
kingbisping

wow u guys are pissed at each other Phone Post
1/21/11 3:06 PM
ChicagoTom

Nobody is pissed- this is just normal mem ground banter after a deal falls through. Phone Post
1/21/11 3:42 PM
bjjdna
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

andrea galveo is extremely talented on the ground

check out the highlight with him competing at the bjj worlds...craziest bjj match i've ever seen...andrea at :44 and 1:54

and check out the flying armbar at 1:35 and the reverse triangle at 1:44

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6N8Prg_EBU
1/21/11 5:18 PM
fightpimp

Who's questioning Galvao's talent???

Andy... I told you to PM your number... and???

Nobody hate's anybody here. Just a bunch of jealous bitches with sand in the vag. Same story, different "score"

CT is correct. As he almost always is...
1/21/11 6:10 PM
bjjdna
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fightpimp -  Who's questioning Galvao's talent???

Andy... I told you to PM your number... and???

Nobody hate's anybody here. Just a bunch of jealous bitches with sand in the vag. Same story, different "score"

CT is correct. As he almost always is...

don't know about all that...just thought it was a badass bjj highlight

now excuse me while i getz the sand out of my gina
1/21/11 10:07 PM
ChicagoTom

I got an idea...lets show this guy who runs shit and NOBODY buy his posters....

1/21/11 10:09 PM
bongwater7654
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol nice try Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.