UnderGround Forums

PoliticalGround >> JFK books

1/14/11 11:11 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Marvelous One
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Any recommendations on some good books regarding JFK and some JFK asssassination material?
12/19/11 9:51 PM
ReneH
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Best Evidence by Lifton is a good read, it covers some of the author's conversations with Dr. Hume, examines the autopsy and the activity surrounding it, etc.

There are new books out there on the subject so you will have to make a trip to Barnes&Noble to take a look at them.
2/8/12 8:33 AM
TheHawker
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My personal favorites:

The Man Who Knew Too Much by Dick Russell

- about a guy, Richard Case Nagell, whose military and intel career shadowed that of Lee Harvey Oswald, he got sucked into the JFK plot and was supposedly hired by the KGB to take out Oswald and prevent the assassination. He ended up firing a gun in a bank in El Paso shortly before the assassination just so he would be arrested and kept safely in jail when it all went down, as he refused to kill Oswald.

It's fascinating book that reads like a spy thriller. Garrison was highly interested in Nagell's story and the book is based in large part on the author's interviews with Nagell.

Reasonable Doubt by Henry Hurt

- one of the best primers on the assassination conspiracy theories, less sprawling and more focused than Jim Marrs' 'Crossfire'. Good info on Oswald's activities in New Orleans as well as the "french assassins" story.

The chapter entitled "The Confession of Robert Easterling, Jr." is one of the most bizarre tales I've ever read about the assassination. In a nutshell: a seeming loon confesses his involvement to the author, the guy is undoubtedly crazy and has spent time in mental institutions, but enough of his facts check out via research and confirmation from witnesses that it leaves you wondering if the guy is telling the truth or is just a pathological liar spinning a yarn around a few confirmed facts. The author presents the story with a disclaimer and doesn't personally vouch for its veracity.

JFK and the Unspeakable

-makes the case that JFK was killed as part of a Cold War intel operation because of his break with the military/intelligence/industrial complex due to his attempted detente with the USSR and his intention to withdraw from Vietnam. The author makes a very strong case regarding Kennedy's policy-change with a lot of supporting documentation and direct accounts from political players from the era.

There are a lot of good books out there but these 3 provide the best overview IMO.
2/8/12 6:53 PM
The Marvelous One
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow!! Thanks dude! Phone Post
2/9/12 5:27 AM
TheHawker
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No problem.

I would read Reasonable Doubt first just as an intro to the subject, then Man Who Knew Too Much, and JFK and the Unspeakable last.

Man Who Knew Too Much will blow your mind with all the info about cold war intelligence operations, how the CIA and military intelligence operated, etc. Reading that and The Unspeakable you'll learn about a lot more than just the Kennedy assassination, it's like a journey through the secret history of the last 50-60 years.
2/10/12 3:24 PM
The Marvelous One

I'm currently reading a biography on him right now. I'll read it as soon as I'm done! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.