UnderGround Forums

Cigars, Beer & Poker Ground >> Did I play this right

1/14/11 1:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AndyDANGER
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was in a small Mixed Hold'em MTT last night on pokerstars roughly 40 people.  it was a $2.20 buy in.  The top five paid out.  We were down to the final five.  I was the short stack at the table with only about 4500 in chips.  we were in a No limit round blinds 200/400.  the next limit round would have been 400/800.  I do not remember exact chip counts on everyone but  I know roughly

Hero has Ad Kc on the button
SB (8400 in chips)
BB (15,000)
UTG (24,500) Raises to 1600
Cutoff(18000) calls
Hero Raises all in 4500
SB raises all in 8400
BB folds
UTG calls 8400
Cutoff folds

I feel like I got my momney in good with a very good chance of tripling up.  Was it a good play or should I have picked a better spot?  I will tell you how it all played out a little later.
1/14/11 1:39 PM
andre
496 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Absolutely. You have about 11BBs and are up against only 5 people. Pretty much any ace is a shove if you're opening, but considering the UTG raise I would say A8+ is a definite shove.
1/14/11 1:40 PM
andre
496 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also, it doesnt matter how it played out. Seriously. Took me a long time to realize that, but in clear cut situations like this, it absolutely doesnt matter.
1/14/11 1:51 PM
AndyDANGER
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thats what I was thinking.  I know it really doesn't matter what the outcome is as long as you made the right play.  but just for fun I will tell the rest of it

The cards get turned over I have Ad Kc
SB has Kh Qh
UTG has pocket 10's

so UTG has the lead

flop is 6s, Kd, 7h  awesome for me

turn 9s  i start sweating a bit, only a 10 or an 8 takes me out

river 8c  He hit the straight on the river

i don't even consider it a bad beat because he had me beat before the flop.  I was really happy with how I played the tournament.  I was down to only 400 chips a little while earlier and had clawed my way back in.
1/14/11 1:54 PM
joe canada
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11BB with AK? Yes, you played it right.

But how did you get down to 11BB in the first place? I'm generally either out or doubling up before that happens.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.