UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> anyone experience Vertigo?

1/14/11 11:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jweinberg
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

past couple of days each morning it's been happening.
and when I am grappling in class starting from my back in closed guard, bam.. .very dizzy, room spinning.

just happened out of now where...

any help would be greatly appreciated..

thx
1/16/11 9:35 PM
glassman
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do you have any other symptoms? For example tinnitus, sudden hearing loss, fever etc. Are you on any meds (e.g. vestibulotoxic antibiotics)? How long does the spinning last? Do you feel like vomiting, etc.?

It could be BPPV (a harmless self-limiting condition)or it could be something more serious. Dizziness complaints are very difficult to diagnose in person let alone w/o seeing someone. The vestibular system is VERY complicated and most audiologist and physicians avoid learning about it. Nearly all GP's and even some otolaryngologists are very poor at assessing balance/dizziness issues. I have a doctorate in audiology (hearing)and have taken enough courses on the vestibular system to know that I don't feel comfortable assessing it.

My advice would be to seek out a balance centre and get an assessment. If it is something simple like BPPV they will show you how to treat it. If it is something more serious (it could be due to numerous conditions-I won't scare you though)you will have not wasted time trying to diagnose it yourself.

Most universities with audiology programs will have a balance lab attached. Though I am not sure if they require a referral or charge for the assessment(I live in Canada so payment is not an issue here).
2/28/11 3:19 PM
Jweinberg
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thanks.. it actually went away..

just freaky for about two weeks.
I was cleaning my ear with a pen cap, and may have scraped leading to an infection.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.