UnderGround Forums

Judo/Sambo UnderGround >> Georgii Zantaraia: your thoughts?

1/20/11 11:35 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
judoblackbelt
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

maybe you will believe me now: 2011 World Masters-Baku Hashbataar vs Draksic SLO finals. throughout the fight Hashbataar uses his "bear hug" grip. The announcers refer to it at the around 4:30 video time. Neil Adams in the commentary says he can't clasps his hands together. Watch how he throws from this grip. Video is youtube, v=5x9dCSTCQTc. There are many more videos from this tournament that had the top 16 ranked fighters in the world in each weight class. Travis Stevens (2nd match) match with Euan Burton. Hoped to see Travis's 1st match with Masahiro Takamatsu (JPN) which he won in Golden score. Woudl appreciate it if a computer literate would post the Hashbataar vs Draksic match. Thanks,
1/21/11 4:39 AM
Seong gyeong
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

judoblackbelt - maybe you will believe me now: 2011 World Masters-Baku Hashbataar vs Draksic SLO finals. throughout the fight Hashbataar uses his "bear hug" grip. The announcers refer to it at the around 4:30 video time. Neil Adams in the commentary says he can't clasps his hands together. Watch how he throws from this grip. Video is youtube, v=5x9dCSTCQTc. There are many more videos from this tournament that had the top 16 ranked fighters in the world in each weight class. Travis Stevens (2nd match) match with Euan Burton. Hoped to see Travis's 1st match with Masahiro Takamatsu (JPN) which he won in Golden score. Woudl appreciate it if a computer literate would post the Hashbataar vs Draksic match. Thanks,

Nice match there. I checked Zantaraia's head-to-heads on judoinside and he actually lost to the Mongolian in 2007. Would love to see them get matched up again.
1/22/11 7:49 PM
Chocolate Shatner
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

uh, what happened to allcloser's posts? While him and I agreed to disagree on certain things (like how much Satoshi Ishii sucks), I don't think he's done anything to get himself banned or posts deleted.
5/27/11 10:23 PM
Seong gyeong
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQC46QKpHDc

More recent highlight; quality's not very good, and I had to mute the audio.

Still, impressive stuff. Wish I could contort myself out of being thrown the way he does.

A favorite of mine for sure.
5/28/11 7:19 AM
judoblackbelt
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am not a fan of his judo style. How he can transition in midair is somewhat amazing. He is currently ranked #2 in 60K. Seems their is a high risk to himself for injury.
5/29/11 1:22 AM
JoshuaResnick
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

60kg has the most exciting Judo IMHO right now.... between Bobirov and Zantaraia.... WOW!
5/29/11 11:36 AM
Seong gyeong

I don't have a long judo history, but if there were ever anybody that I watched who resembled a cat, it would be Zantaraia.
5/29/11 11:45 AM
Seong gyeong

Edited: 05/29/11 10:18 PM
I was wondering who the #1 is now and I checked to see that it's Hiroaki Hiraoka. So far this guy is undefeated in 2011, going 5-0; his last loss was to the Uzbek, Sobirov, who got busted for pissing hot at the Asian Games:<br /><br />http://www.rediff.com/sports/report/asian-games-2010-uzbek-judo-medalist-fails-drug-test/20101119.htm <br /><br />
5/31/11 8:17 PM
JoshuaResnick
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yes... Sobirov did piss hot. but since he has returned he is absolutley on fire. i am curious to know if he will piss hot again, but i am thinking that whatever it might be now isnt going to show up in his piss, but only via blood tests-- which they will eventually do with him if not already....

if he is clean then so be it. but there is reason to think he isnt.
6/1/11 9:51 AM
Seong gyeong

Wow, you weren't kidding. He's on his 25th consecutive win, including victories over Zantaraia, Choi Min-ho, and Elio Verde.

http://www.judoinside.com/judoka/view/40881/rishod_sobirov/
6/1/11 10:07 AM
JoshuaResnick

go to www.ijf.org and look at page 2 of the current world rankings. they are updated as of May 31, 2011. that should answer to you who is the best judoka, regardless of weight, in the world right now.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.