UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> Anyone Own A Pignose?

1/17/11 2:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RyPuhnie
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Was thinking about buying one of these as a little blues practice amp. All the reviews for it seem great but Im wondering if its just hype and one guy going off the next guys take on it.

Ry
1/18/11 5:21 PM
Hillbilly
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like them ok. I like the 30 watt one the best.The Hog 30 I think.
2/11/11 11:35 PM
Hillbilly
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agree on the Hog 30 or Hog 40..
2/22/11 8:24 PM
5th Dan Aikido Man
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
3/16/11 12:27 PM
Racer X
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The little suitcase style Pignose has a lot of competition these days. A Roland Micro-Cube is way more versitile and can also be run on batteries, I believe.
3/16/11 12:30 PM
Racer X
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pignose= $79.95

Micro Cube= $129.95

I'd still take the Roland.
3/16/11 5:48 PM
Hillbilly

I looked at one of the Vox battery amps today that was pretty sweet.. Basically a copy of the Roland cube for the most part.
3/17/11 12:51 PM
Racer X

Hillbilly - I looked at one of the Vox battery amps today that was pretty sweet.. Basically a copy of the Roland cube for the most part.
A few people on the SoundGround have had those and prefered the tone to the Micro Cube.

3/17/11 1:14 PM
jman
423 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/17/11 1:15 PM
Hillbilly - I looked at one of the Vox battery amps today that was pretty sweet.. Basically a copy of the Roland cube for the most part.

I bought a the Vox Mini3 here in Paris last week. It is 3 watts and small, but very loud, very clean sounding and very cool. I looked at the Roland Cube and some others and it seems like the Vox Mini3 was the best deal for $115 Euros ($165 US). They sell them at Guitar Center for $99 I think.

I hadn't played electric guitar in 6 months and I was drunk when I recorded this last week, but you can get an idea. I had a Zoom G2 that I plugged into it (drum machine and wah sound crap), horrible recording and playing, but since you mentioned the amp, I figured I'd post the video:

3/18/11 10:45 PM
Racer X

Hey Jimmy! Great to see you here. How's France treating you?
3/19/11 11:44 AM
jman
423 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey man!

Paris is good, 4.5 more months. I met a violin player last night from Finland who plays classical concerts (Paganini, etc) but also Gypsy Jazz, so my wife has her 40th birthday of Friday so we're planning a party and jam session here. I'm going to post stuff around here (310 artists of all kinds in this residency) so hopefully we'll get some interesting people to show up and jam on: rock, jazz, classical, etc.

I'm a California boy at heart so this midlife crisis travel is cool, but I think SoCal is really where I belong.

How are things with you? This was the first year I missed NAMM in over 10 years...doesn't sound like I missed too much as it seems to get worse and worse every year.
3/29/11 3:00 PM
RyPuhnie
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ty for the info guys
3/31/11 9:52 AM
jman

Edited: 03/31/11 9:52 AM
I was playing around more with the Vox Mini3 today and that thing is really, really good. Most of the sounds are pretty damn impressive (Vox, Marshall, Mesa Boogie, clean) the one thing that wasn't so great was the Fender Tweed.

Biggest complaint is that the noise floor is quite loud. It is a constant level so it doesn't get louder as you turn up the amp. Not a problem if you use it at anything louder than a "quiet" setting (probably 75% of the time I guess).

I was thinking of doing a review video of it demoing all of the sounds because I was so impressed today. It also has an external input for a mic, and extra Aux input (MP3 etc) and 2 effects settings (Comp/Chorus/Flanger/Tremelo & Delay/Reverb).

Really great amp.
4/1/11 3:22 PM
Hillbilly

i`m in the market for a battery amp. I`ll have to check out the Vox. I want as clean a tone as I can get. How do you folks like the Crate Limo?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.