UnderGround Forums

Cigars, Beer & Poker Ground >> officially the biggest cooler Ive ever experienced

1/18/11 12:34 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
andre
417 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Today at Hustler. 200K guarantee.

FIRST hand. Literally. First friggin hand.

I'm the BB with J9. Limps all around, including button.

Flop 7d-Jd-Jh. I bet and have two callers. Turn 9d. Bingo! Top full house. 3c on the river.

Button and I are all in. I fully expect to chop.

he turns over t8d.
1/18/11 12:35 AM
Ze Dano
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ouch
1/18/11 1:16 AM
andre
417 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

definitely. Ouch.
1/18/11 2:09 AM
PR
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love when that happens, because then you didn't waste all day.
1/18/11 7:28 AM
Spuds Buckley
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

easy fold IMO
1/18/11 10:35 AM
andre

Lol. Tito, I had just sat down...it was funny because I stood up in a bit of cl and accidentally knocked my chair over, making it all the more embarrassing. I wasn't angry or anything, just kinda lost for a second. My wife knew I'd be playing late into the night but suddenly I was out and didn't feel like playing cash so I went home and tried to explain variance to her. (I'm kidding about the variance part, but she did say "you never should go all in on the first hand!"Lol
1/18/11 12:46 PM
andre

Spuds Buckley  - easy fold IMO

I really do regret not laying it down. Maybe the straight flush was hidden, but he could have had QUADS!
1/18/11 2:30 PM
wreckker
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Walked into quads 3 times this week.. twice to same player in two hours!

I had top full twice and made river losing quuads in third hand!

I dont mind bustibg suoer fast like PR said.....
what sucks in bubbling a cooler!

1/19/11 12:12 AM
VectorWega
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First hand....(girly voice) first hand!
1/19/11 12:12 AM
VectorWega

1/19/11 2:22 AM
andre

I think if it were any two other players in the Farha hand, the guy with tens full could get away from it. Assuming there was a raise preflop, if you are getting any action at all you have to put him on some kind of ace. The queen on the turn easily fits the bill since Im assuming AK is more likely to reraise preflop, while AQ is probably a call. Im not saying I could fold easily, but I certainly wouldnt put all my money in with the worst possible full house on a board like that. Still a huge cooler, though.

If the turn was a rag and the river was a rag, I would have shipped all of my chips to the guy with aces full right away (never would have put him on AT since I have two and there's one on the board), and I wouldnt put him on ace rag if I raised preflop.
1/19/11 1:50 PM
andre

here is a text conversation I had with a friend last night. He was the chip leader going into day 2 of the hustler tournament.

Him: "38th for $800. Disappointing."

Me: "Still a good showing and now you're freerolling the commerce tournament. Are u playing tomorrow? I'm on the Thursday."

Him: "yah tomorrow."

Me: "Good luck. Learn from my mistake and fold top full house. Just. In. Case."

Him: "Thanks. You can't be too careful!"

Me: "Exactly! Risk has no place in poker, IMO."
1/19/11 5:06 PM
wreckker
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

andre - 

var so = new SWFObject("http://www.youtube.com/v/sGEhBuO9C98?fs=1&hl=en_US", "postVideo-32913773-Flash", "425", "355", "9.0.28", "##000"); so.addParam("allowScriptAccess", "samedomain"); so.addParam("allowNetworking", "internal"); so.addParam("wmode", "transparent"); so.write("postVideo-32913773"); here is a text conversation I had with a friend last night. He was the chip leader going into day 2 of the hustler tournament.

Him: "38th for $800. Disappointing."

Me: "Still a good showing and now you're freerolling the commerce tournament. Are u playing tomorrow? I'm on the Thursday."

Him: "yah tomorrow."

Me: "Good luck. Learn from my mistake and fold top full house. Just. In. Case."

Him: "Thanks. You can't be too careful!"

Me: "Exactly! Risk has no place in poker, IMO."

The jacks full in the video is noit that hard a laydown and NOWHERE near greatest laydown in wsop history...

stupid when commentatotrs bust a orgams over a hand like that.

1/19/11 6:39 PM
VectorWega

wreckker -  The jacks full in the video is noit that hard a laydown and NOWHERE near greatest laydown in wsop history...
From a mathematical perspective, wasn't this a bad laydown?  It seems like he could beat a lot of hands that raise there.  I'm guessing he had some sort of "live read" which is something you guys that play live poker do.  I mainly read clicks.

wreckker -   stupid when commentatotrs bust a orgams over a hand like that.
I believe Mike Matusow was the one that had the biggest orgasm.

1/19/11 6:44 PM
andre

Vector, in hindsight, the guy with kings full had all of the classic signs of a monster hand: "just don't reraise me" , acting uncomfortable/nervous, not wanting to show his hand if the guy folded. I am not saying I would catch all of it in the heat of the moment at the wsop but in live cash I see it all the time and rarely is the guy playing weak to seem strong. Usually playing weak means they really are strong.
1/19/11 7:12 PM
VectorWega

Edited: 01/19/11 7:12 PM
andre - Vector, in hindsight, the guy with kings full had all of the classic signs of a monster hand: "just don't reraise me" , acting uncomfortable/nervous, not wanting to show his hand if the guy folded. I am not saying I would catch all of it in the heat of the moment at the wsop but in live cash I see it all the time and rarely is the guy playing weak to seem strong. Usually playing weak means they really are strong.

I think we can all agree that wasn't the sickest laydown in the history of the world series of poker.  The sickest laydown would have been if the guys with Kings Full had laid it down rather than raising. 
1/19/11 10:01 PM
wreckker

VectorWega - 
wreckker -  The jacks full in the video is noit that hard a laydown and NOWHERE near greatest laydown in wsop history...
From a mathematical perspective, wasn't this a bad laydown?  It seems like he could beat a lot of hands that raise there.  I'm guessing he had some sort of "live read" which is something you guys that play live poker do.  I mainly read clicks.

wreckker -   stupid when commentatotrs bust a orgams over a hand like that.
I believe Mike Matusow was the one that had the biggest orgasm.

without even going into what the guy is saying...

The only hand there he beats that raises is a-10....

This is deepstack play too which means when you raise you open yourself up to a big reraise

Plus the guy made a good raise preflop i believe with the KK

Plus the speech.

Most good players make that laydown.

Matusow gets excited over anything

All commentators or casual players see is jacks fu;ll laid down.

Bottom line is what can that guy be raising on that board?

I have mucked top full in omaha ace high flush with n o pair on board

in holdem second set on flop with no starioght or flush  kk preflop etc etc.

time and place will come up when its fairly clear your beat!!!

1/20/11 12:17 AM
andre

I think the guy with
Kings full gave away the strength of hid hand when he checked the flop. That's the type of flop you cbet with a big ace or a missed hand but a check, after raising pre, looks super strong.
1/20/11 2:01 AM
wreckker

andre - I think the guy with
Kings full gave away the strength of hid hand when he checked the flop. That's the type of flop you cbet with a big ace or a missed hand but a check, after raising pre, looks super strong.

yep..cant check a-10 there either.

truth is its a fairly easy laydown
1/20/11 8:23 PM
VectorWega

I guess, but I would have re-raised there with pocket 8s.

1/20/11 8:25 PM
VectorWega

andre - I think the guy with

You don't check that flop with pocket queens?
1/20/11 8:36 PM
andre

I don't bet the river with a straight. My hand has showdown value but I'm not betting into a possible boat.
1/20/11 8:41 PM
VectorWega

andre - I don't bet the river with a straight. My hand has showdown value but I'm not betting into a possible boat.

You aren't going to beat Jacks full if you check.
1/20/11 8:56 PM
andre

Lol.
1/20/11 8:57 PM
andre

I'm about to crash my car trying to post and drive so just admit that u know what I mean...so I don't die.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.