UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Dieting tricks for a sweet tooth..

1/18/11 8:41 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Fight! UK Online
235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fight! UK, Online Editor

Again, not directly  S&C related, but falls under a similar banner.

So, when you guys are dropping weight, what tricks do you have for satisfying that sweet tooth urge that you get, with minimal calories?

I know, I know... it's all about willpower and I've gone down that route, but it makes dieting and weight cutting an even more miserable process than it has to be.

My favourites:

No added sugar jelly (3cals)
Frozen fruit, zero fat yoghurt and a bit of honey, frozen like an ice cream type thing
Pepsi max
and I've just got these Phd diet whey bars which are not bad tasting, and good for a sweet tooth MRP at about 180 calories.

Anyone else got anything to pitch in?

I'm not struggling right now, weight's down and the fight is four weeks away, but I'm gonna taper it down and try diet lower and cut less because I'm fighting soon after again and don't want consecutive big cuts. Cheers!
1/18/11 9:29 AM
Fight! UK Online
235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/18/11 9:38 AM
Fight! UK, Online Editor
That's looks like a cool recipe mate, but as far as I'm aware I can't get that cereal, nor can I get Stevia in the UK...

I'll have a look now though and see if there are any stockists, but that's exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. Thanks. 

Edit: Scrap that, it looks like I can get Stevia here apparently, I've just never looked! It was banned up until 2010 though, for sweetener purposes :S

I don't wanna have to get all Dan Quinn on their asses. 
1/18/11 2:49 PM
Leigh
954 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/18/11 2:49 PM
when i cut weight, i switch to fruit and eat smaller and smaller portions. for the last 4-5 days i just suck it up and have my 50 calories a day

that said, a sweet tooth is a weakness you should wean yourself off. you don't need to eat sugar or salt, you're just used to it. once you cleanse your body of it, your cravings will subside
1/18/11 4:34 PM
ArthurKnoqOut
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

my only source of "sugar" training or not is from fruits like Leigh state, you actually don't "need" any sugar or salt naturally. again, if you make this a LIFESTYLE choice it makes the rest of your life that much easier.
1/18/11 6:31 PM
Fight! UK Online

Fight! UK, Online Editor

Well I agree it would be easier and healthier, but if you like it, you like it. You're not on this earth forever, eat some shit that's bad for you every once in a while - why the hell not!

But I do appreciate the sentiments guys, thanks, and I've done the long periods without treats/sugary foods etc. but that's no existence I want to lead. Doing it for four weeks before a fight is shitty enough for me. Even if my body wasn't craving it, I'd still always know I liked it, and I have no real reason to deprive myself of that.

Last 4-5 days when I'm actually starting the water cut, obviously I don't eat any crap, period. But it's nice to statiate that craving every now and again when dieting.

Leigh, I know you've covered this before, but 50 calories a day?! Damn that's some willpower. You cut down from just over 70kg right?

1/18/11 6:45 PM
Leigh
954 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, 71-72 Phone Post
1/19/11 3:05 AM
Leigh

Just gets me through the day and gives me something to look forward to Phone Post
1/19/11 3:22 AM
Fight! UK Online

Fight! UK, Online Editor
See, it's life's small rewards that keep you going haha, although Leigh's 50 calories isn't quite the same as me being a bitch and wanting to eat sweets...
1/19/11 4:34 AM
Leigh

also, i figure the act of eating will keep my metabolism a little higher than nothing at all
1/19/11 1:41 PM
Martyspike
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i have the sweetest tooth EVER!

But im dieting at the minute and have lost a few kgs over the last while - nothing mad, just cleaned up the diet and cut carbs down and junk food ot all together.

The only exception is on a cheat day. Not that hard but i do get serious carvings.
1/19/11 2:07 PM
Jorx
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cinnamon everywhere (e.g. with berries and unflavoured cheese curd)

honey

sometimes coca zero
1/20/11 1:29 AM
evangelico

one thing that has been working for me lately is to eat fruit with peanut butter or some other kind of serious fat.

i am doing a paleo kind of thing though.

also, if i am near training time, i will eat some 85% dark chocolate. it does have some sugar, but not a ton.

i am hearing that the artificial sweeteners (even those that are not carcinogenic) still kick up insulin levels; something to consider.
1/20/11 4:14 AM
Fight! UK Online

Fight! UK, Online Editor
Jorx - cinnamon everywhere (e.g. with berries and unflavoured cheese curd)

honey

sometimes coca zero

that's a good idea re: the cinnamon. tried it with cottage cheese as a snack though once on the recommendation of a professional - nasty shit it was!

evangelico - i've heard the peanut butter and banana etc. thing mentioned before actually but never got round to trying it - apparently sticking it in the oven for a while is really nice. thanks for reminding me!
1/20/11 4:33 AM
Leigh

i just had a jam donut :)
1/20/11 5:47 AM
Jorx
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When you use cinnamon with unflavoured dairy make sure that:

1) it is NOT fat free! Should be at least 4% and better if 6%. The 12 grams of fat per 200 g does NOT make you fat. You need about 100 grams of fats every day anyway (as a healthy male).

2) Add a little something sweet. E.g. berries OR a tsp of honey per 200 g.

3) Mix well.

= tastes wonderful
1/20/11 5:59 AM
Fight! UK Online

Fight! UK, Online Editor
Jorx, you're the man.

Leigh, I may treat myself later as I'm ahead of schedule :)
1/20/11 8:40 AM
Jorx

One more tip: if you somewhy buy the fat-free unflavoured dairy (e.g. good bulk price or you need to have it for some other food as well) - when eating on it's own you can mix in creamy unflavoured yoghurt OR some nice fresh cream (e.g. 10% fat).
1/20/11 9:22 PM
LgFriess
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FF/Sugar free pudding, all kinds of flavors at about 60 calories.

Apple cut up, cut out the core, nuke for 1 minute or so, sprinkle on cinnamon and splenda - tastes like hot apple pie filling. Roughly 70 calories.
1/20/11 9:44 PM
OneScoup

They make some pretty good sugar free reduced fat desserts. After you've switched over from the real stuff for a while you won't even notice the difference in flavor.

They're probably full of experimental chemicals and preservatives, but oh so tasty.
1/21/11 2:08 AM
WidespreadPanic

Splenda in coffee;
Frozen pineapple chunks;
Frozen watermelon chunks;
Frozen fruit in general.

1/21/11 3:14 AM
Leigh

I also had a couple bags of crisps, Chinese takeaway and a load of pancakes :) But that's not common for a weekday Phone Post
1/21/11 3:44 AM
Fight! UK Online

Fight! UK, Online Editor
Some good suggestions, this thread is becoming gold.

Frozen fruit and fruit in general is something I have a fair bit of, but for some reason it just doesn't always hit the mark on its own. Gonna try LgFriess hot apple pie thingy.

Experimental chemicals are fine, I've always wanted three eyes.

1/21/11 10:01 AM
ArthurKnoqOut
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jorx - cinnamon everywhere (e.g. with berries and unflavoured cheese curd)

honey

sometimes coca zero

RAW honey :)
1/21/11 10:44 AM
Jorx

What do you mean by RAW honey? Is there any other kind?
1/21/11 2:19 PM
ArthurKnoqOut

raw honey is also solid not liquid. any liquid honey is devout of any real nutrients or like turducken said, protein, enzymes, propolis, and a lot more.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.