UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Dieting tricks for a sweet tooth..

1/23/11 5:06 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
LgFriess
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sludge; not exactly low cal but a good treat;

1 scoop chocolate whey protein

2 tbls peanut butter

1 packet splenda

dash or two of cinnamon.

Add water so it comes out like a pudding. I dunk apples into it or eat it off a spoon. I like it chilled too.

I know people that put it over whole wheat pancakes and such. Good stuff man!
1/23/11 5:16 PM
Fight! UK Online
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fight! UK, Online Editor
LgFriess - Sludge; not exactly low cal but a good treat;

1 scoop chocolate whey protein

2 tbls peanut butter

1 packet splenda

dash or two of cinnamon.

Add water so it comes out like a pudding. I dunk apples into it or eat it off a spoon. I like it chilled too.

I know people that put it over whole wheat pancakes and such. Good stuff man!

Like the sound of that! Think I'm gonna try that and freeze it like protein ice cream...
1/23/11 5:16 PM
Leigh
757 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LgFriess - I know people that put it over whole wheat pancakes and such. Good stuff man!

and delude themselves its healthy. about as healthy as diet coke or a low fat donut
1/24/11 1:55 AM
rowdyrooster
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When I get a bad sweet tooth I usually just brush my teeth. The minty taste kills the urges for sugar Phone Post
1/24/11 2:40 AM
GNPfan
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One of my tricks that cures a sweet tooth craving or any food craving is eating a few green olives. Does the trick every time!
1/24/11 3:23 AM
Jorx
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

turducken - 
 raw honey can only be bought at a health food store or direct from a beekeeper....its just honey that is literally scooped out of the hive and put in a bottle.  most honey you buy at the store is filtered and heat treated so theres nothing left other than the sugar basically.  raw honey is thick(depending on the variety of flower used, can even be solid white) and contains a lot of stuff in it like pollen, bee parts, propolis, etc.

In (former) soviet russia the normal honey is the raw honey:)
1/24/11 10:00 AM
ArthurKnoqOut
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yup, in the USSR I didn't know wtf liquid honey was...then I came to the states and was like "wtf is this sugar syrup?"
1/24/11 11:28 AM
Fight! UK Online
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fight! UK, Online Editor
I have found out the the Stevia after taste is not the best today...
1/28/11 10:08 PM
BzGrappla

Jamie Easons Recipe for PROTEIN bars.. brownies
1/29/11 1:34 PM
U4EA
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DIABETIC BANANA ICE CREAM

Ingredients:

Banana

Method:

Put banana(s) in bowl. Mash with a fork. Put in freezer until frozen. Take out and eat.

-----------------

Leigh... that level of caloric restriction is absolutely brutal. How active are you on those days? Ever considered increasing calories but having it as protein/fat in order to keep the insulin pull down (I am not an expert on weight-cutting my any means)?
1/14/13 9:32 AM
Fight! UK Online

I made some protein pancakes last night with eggs, banana, coconut flour, protein powder and a little vanilla extract. It was decent. Somebody suggested I try some of this on it as it tastes like nutella:

1 tsp of 100% cocoa
50g of hazelnut butter
And 1 tablespoon of agave nectar

Gonna give it a whirl later.

1/14/13 11:06 AM
ArthurKnoqOut
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yep it will taste even better than nutella :)

as far as stevia, the after taste is present if stevia is not well dissolved (as if you were to eat it raw lol) it's really meant to be blended well into a liquid similar to lucuma (another powder you may wanna try). It's great in smoothies and is often found in "healthy" ice ream recipes.

1/14/13 5:50 PM
U4EA
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dates + fresh coconut.
1/15/13 11:16 AM
Taku
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/15/13 2:36 PM

Two things that I have found help with sweet tooth are:

1. Increase friendly fat consumption (olive oil, fish-oil, coconut oil, avocados, etc)

2. Try drinking 8oz. Grape Juice early in the day...(don't know why it helps but works well consistently)

TAKU

For overall health, I would recommend limiting artifical sweetners.

1/15/13 5:41 PM
brigsy
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Medjool dates. Taste like toffee.
1/15/13 8:20 PM
Sequoyah Sandford
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Carb master yogurts, granola bar, fruit smoothies. Phone Post
1/16/13 6:08 AM
Fight! UK Online

Good tips guys, cheers!

1/16/13 10:16 AM
ArthurKnoqOut

as James "I look like I ate a pony" Toney would say....ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL DAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

1/19/13 9:36 AM
RONINXOM
216 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Later Phone Post
1/25/13 5:55 AM
Fight! UK Online

No Base Blueberry Protein Mini Cheesecakes (Makes 9 mini)

Ingredients:
1 small 170g tub of 0% Total Greek yogurt
2 tbsp of quark
1 tbsp of coconut flour
1 cup of Blueberries
2 fresh organic eggs
1/4 cup of vanilla whey
Sweetener to taste

Take all the above ingredients and blend them all together. Try the batter. Is it sweet enough for your taste? If not, add some sweetener When your desired level of sweetness has been attained, add 1 cup of fresh blueberries and mix them in with a fork or spoon, instead of blending them since you want them to stay as whole as possible. Pour the mix into your making mold/s and bake at 170 degrees Celsius for about 35 minutes. Take them out. Let them cool.

1/26/13 3:55 AM
Jefe Maton

That sugar free gum they sell...the strawberry shortcake one is damn good for stopping cravings.
1/26/13 9:54 AM
Ralph Hinkley

Protein cookie dough.....

Oat flour (ground up oats) 40gm
Egg beaters 40-46gm
Protein powder

That is the basic recipe. Grind up the oats, add egg beaters and mix. Then mix in the protein. You might have to add a little more egg beaters (20gm) to get the right consistency. Stick it in the fridge for 15 minutes if you like it slightly chilled.

Great thing is, the basic recipe is delicious but you can throw in a few chocolate chips, maybe a tbps of your favorite cake mix. You can get as fancy as you want.
1/28/13 9:45 AM
ArthurKnoqOut

Jefe Maton - That sugar free gum they sell...the strawberry shortcake one is damn good for stopping cravings.

not exactly. artificial sweeteners have a ton of problems associated with thim. This is like quiting cigarette SMOKING and starting to dip.

2/10/13 9:50 PM
Vitor Me A New One
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
2/11/13 6:41 AM
Superman84
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leigh,

When you are on 50 calories a day, do you go into work?
How do you function? It must require some serious will power.

I find when you eat smaller meals for a prolonged period your appetite sensor seems to reset.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.