UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Dieting tricks for a sweet tooth..

2/12/13 4:22 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Fight! UK Online
197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pancake Day!

Mash 2 ripe bananas then stir in a tablespoon of almond/hazelnut/peanut butter (organic, not full of crap). Mix in an egg and there's your batter.

Add in a scoop of protein powder, maybe even some ground nuts or cocoa if you have it.

Heat up some coconut oil in a frying pan (or your preference) and add a portion of the mixture.

Cook that shit up, flip it after a couple of minutes.

If you want some topping then see one of the above posts, or low fat yoghurt with berries. Done!

2/18/13 3:29 AM
WillyMaunawili
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In!

Awesome suggestions guys Phone Post
2/18/13 9:24 AM
JamesDean57
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Peanut butter and Nutella. I just have to be careful not to over do it.
2/18/13 3:44 PM
Fight! UK Online
197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Freeze some red grapes and, erm, that's it. They're good!

2/18/13 4:33 PM
HULC
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Taku - 

Two things that I have found help with sweet tooth are:

1. Increase friendly fat consumption (olive oil, fish-oil, coconut oil, avocados, etc)

2. Try drinking 8oz. Grape Juice early in the day...(don't know why it helps but works well consistently)

TAKU

For overall health, I would recommend limiting artifical sweetners.

I always thought hitting the grape juice before midday was a bad sign... I prefer it socially as well.
2/21/13 9:44 PM
HERTSWENIP
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

QUEST protein bars. Seriously, the best tasting and best nutritional profile of any bar IMO.
2/21/13 11:59 PM
XmmaAddictX
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cashew or almond butter mixed with some melted coconut oil, finely mashed avocado, bit of organic raw honey or maple syrup, cocoa powder, vanilla, and cinnamon. Mix it all up divide into lined muffin tray. Put in freezer for minimum one hour.

A nice healthy frozen treat. Still in moderation though. Sugar is sugar any way. Phone Post
2/22/13 9:22 AM
Sequoyah Sandford
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Strawberries with stevia sprinkled on them really help as well. Stevia is super sweet and kills my sweet tooth. Phone Post
2/22/13 9:30 AM
Fight! UK Online

It's got a rancid aftertaste though! Unless I just have a bad batch.

2/22/13 9:43 AM
JamesDean57
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fight! UK Online - 

It's got a rancid aftertaste though! Unless I just have a bad batch.

To me if I use it every day I get use to it and can't tell the difference.

That's how I quit using sweetener in tea and coffee, I just added a little less every couple of days, now I don't use any.
2/22/13 10:11 AM
Shanle929
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chew gum. They even have dessert flavors now. 5 calories. Phone Post
2/22/13 1:08 PM
Taku
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol @ HULC.

Seriously, did anyone actually try my suggestions. The problem with these types of threads is there is so much feedback, you never know if the person / people actually follow through, or just make mental notes without actually trying anything.

TAKU

2/23/13 12:23 AM
Sequoyah Sandford
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Taku -

lol @ HULC.

Seriously, did anyone actually try my suggestions. The problem with these types of threads is there is so much feedback, you never know if the person / people actually follow through, or just make mental notes without actually trying anything.

TAKU

It stuck with me but i havent yet. I will in the weeks to come. I am cutting for adcc this week but not too bad heck i might just go buy some just in case! Phone Post
2/26/13 12:50 AM
Snakey89
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fight! UK Online -

Pancake Day!

Mash 2 ripe bananas then stir in a tablespoon of almond/hazelnut/peanut butter (organic, not full of crap). Mix in an egg and there's your batter.

Add in a scoop of protein powder, maybe even some ground nuts or cocoa if you have it.

Heat up some coconut oil in a frying pan (or your preference) and add a portion of the mixture.

If you want some topping then see one of the above posts, or low fat yoghurt with berries. Done!

Thanks you !!!!! I have tried so many times to make protein pancakes and they tasted awful but just tried that recipe and was awesome !!! Doesn't even taste healthy. Phone Post
2/26/13 5:56 AM
Fight! UK Online

Low Sugar Chocolate Dessert

Ingredients:

· 3 tablespoons of Raw Cocoa Powder

· One can of Coconut Cream

· Vanilla Extract

· Pinch of cinnamon

· Optional: Agave Syrup (if not sweet enough for you)

Preparation Method:

· Empty the ingredients into a Tupperware container or mixing bowl and stir until all mixed in

· Refrigerate for 5 minutes until a little more set

· Whip with a fork to create a mousse like texture

· Either eat now, or freeze to make chocolate ice cream!

2/26/13 5:57 AM
Fight! UK Online

Taku - 

lol @ HULC.

TAKU

I upped my good fats intake (do that in fight camp anyway) but it didn't really make a difference if I'm being honest. Yet to try the grape juice suggestion but will do, cheers mate.

3/6/13 4:52 AM
Fight! UK Online

Taken from this blog:

Peanut Butter Cookies

(Recipe Makes 6 large cookies)

Ingredients

· 5 heaped tablespoons Whole Nut Peanut Butter (no added sugar)

· 3 eggs

· Tablespoon Vanilla Essence

· Pinch of Cinnamon

Method

· Mix ingredients thoroughly in a bowl

· Spoon into cookie shapes on a baking tray

· Bake on 200 degrees for 10 minutes

3/6/13 10:45 AM
ArthurKnoqOut

made some delicious and yummy (not to mention definitely "healthy" and labido boosting) for V-day a few weeks ago.

Maca Sexy Balls

http://www.joyoushealth.ca/2012/02/08/sexy-balls-maca-raw-cookie-recipe/

ngredients:

1.5 tsp raw maca powder
1 tbsp organic ground cinnamon
1 tbsp raw cacao powder
1/4 cup organic dark chocolate chips
8-10 soft medjol dates, pits removes
1/2 cup raw almonds
1/4 cup organic goji berries1 tsp pure organic vanilla extract
Method: Place all ingredients into a high power food processor and blend until small pebbles form. Roll into balls and refrigerate. Makes approximately 15 cookie balls. They won’t last very long because they are so sweet, delicious and blissful.

In case you are curious, here’s a little info on the 3 sexy ingredients:

Maca: This plant is known as the Peruvian “ginseng” even though it’s not ginseng at all. However, it has been known to increase energy, stamina, libido and reduce stress. It is an adaptogen, meaning, it’s important to take over a longer period of time to notice the effects. But stay committed because maca is very nourishing to the pituitary and hypothalmus glands, making it a very hormonally balancing food.

It has a slightly nutty taste and there are various ways to get it into your diet: mix it with honey and spread on toast, add 1 tsp to a smoothie, mix into yogurt. Caution: Do not exceed more than 1tsp per day — a little goes a long way!

Raw Cacao: The purest form of chocolate on planet earth! This food’s effect on libido is due to it’s mood enhancing chemicals including anandamide, PEA which have been known to make you feel more “blissful” and “loving”. Additionally, this libido-booster stimulates feel good hormones such as endorphins and may increase serotonin since it’s a source of tryptophan. Raw cacao is also an excellent source of antioxidants which are beneficial for fertility in both men and women.

Goji Berries: In Asia, these mighty berries are known as a strong sexual tonic. Meaning, they increase sexual desire. This is thanks to their testosterone increasing ability. This hormone is extremely important for libido in both men and women. Eating these little berries can also increase overall well-being and stamina. They are loaded with vitamin C and skin-loving antioxidants too.

notes: I made it without the Goji berries because they re a rip off :)
3/6/13 3:12 PM
XmmaAddictX
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Quick, easy, sweet, and healthy zabaglione (italian pastry cream)

1egg
Tbsp almond butter
Tbsp coconut cream
1/2 mashed banana

Over a double boiler whisk egg until foamy add coconut cream and almond butter and keep whisking until thick like pudding. Remove from heat, stir in mashed banana. (have added cocoa powder before for a chocolate rendition and was ok)

Pour it over fresh strawberries, blueberries and the other half of the banana and sprinkle some unsweetened shredded coconut on top. It a great pre bjj meal. Phone Post
3/7/13 9:45 AM
JamesDean57

ArthurKnoqOut
"notes: I made it without the Goji berries because they re a rip off :)"

Are they a rip off because of price, or do you think this is BS?

"Goji Berries: In Asia, these mighty berries are known as a strong sexual tonic. Meaning, they increase sexual desire. This is thanks to their testosterone increasing ability. This hormone is extremely important for libido in both men and women. Eating these little berries can also increase overall well-being and stamina. They are loaded with vitamin C and skin-loving antioxidants too."
3/7/13 12:57 PM
ArthurKnoqOut

JamesDean57 - ArthurKnoqOut
"notes: I made it without the Goji berries because they re a rip off :)"

Are they a rip off because of price, or do you think this is BS?

"Goji Berries: In Asia, these mighty berries are known as a strong sexual tonic. Meaning, they increase sexual desire. This is thanks to their testosterone increasing ability. This hormone is extremely important for libido in both men and women. Eating these little berries can also increase overall well-being and stamina. They are loaded with vitamin C and skin-loving antioxidants too."

look at that statement it says "thanks to their testosterone increasing ability." What compound does this? No mention of it? Chocolate and cacao as well as maca powder do this. Brazil nuts do this, as well. Also, as with all "dietary supplements" efficacy depends on a multitude of things; overall diet, gut health, health issues.

Furthermore, dried wolf/goji berries have a significantly reduced amount of nutrients as with all dried berries and fruits.

Lastly, yes the price is outrageous. All these "superfood" terms are marketing ploys. Saying organic strawberries and blueberries are superfoods isn't exotic enough but "Brazil" nuts, or "Himalayan" salt, surely is. (disclosure; I am all for natural and holistic stuff but I think here, with super foods, the water's a tad murky.
3/8/13 10:07 AM
JamesDean57

Ok! I agree, I was just wondering, thanks.
3/8/13 10:39 AM
ArthurKnoqOut

no problem :)
3/10/13 12:04 AM
XmmaAddictX

Fight! UK Online -

Pancake Day!

Made these for breakfast, just used carrot in place of banana and added a hunk of minced fresh ginger and cinnamon and a few blueberries. Topped with a fresh strawberry reduction purée and freshly grated orange zest.

Absolutely Fantastic. Phone Post
3/12/13 1:15 AM
Chael Sonnen Money
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.