UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> Fish Oil and Cholesterol

1/18/11 9:45 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
groundfighter2000
467 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fish Oil is supposed to be good for lowering triglycerides and ish. But supposedly Fish Oil, (or I guess "too much" of it) can actually increase your LDL (bad cholesterol). Just curious how many people here take Fish Oil, and have any idea what the "ideal" amount/day to take is. I was taking 1g/day. I upped it to 2g/day after my recent check up at my PCP and having my blood work done and finding my cholesterol and triglycerides to be a bit out of the healthy range.
1/19/11 10:17 AM
MikeD
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd max out the combined EPA/DHA at 3g/day. Ideal is likely 1-3g/day from what I've read. I take it in the oil form so that's 1-3t/day for me. Most pills would be 6-10/day. Alan Aragon did a piece which showed too much negatively effects the immune system IIRC.
1/19/11 12:01 PM
mikehotel
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Add a Citracel fiber drink into your routine, you will cut your cholesterol dramatically. You will also poop like Sasquatch. its awesome. I cut my Triglycerides in HALF by just doing a glass of fiber a day. Lowers your Blood Pressure too.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.