UnderGround Forums

HolyGround >> Bonhoeffer

1/18/11 9:55 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
CJJScout
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

www.ericmetaxas.com

1/18/11 9:56 AM
CJJScout
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just picked up his this biography, can't wait to read it. I think the rev may dig it, seems to be up his alley with the social justice stuff.
1/18/11 9:04 PM
Ridgeback
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just listened to the audio version of it.  It was a great book and gave a lot of insight not only into Bonhoeffer's life, but the issues surrounding Christianity and the rise of the Third Reich.  
1/21/11 4:00 PM
CJJScout

Working through the first chapter. Hard to read for fun when I got all this other reading for school.
4/20/11 9:43 AM
CJJScout

So, Eric Metaxas came to our church this past weekend and gave a lecture. In a word: amazing.

He is informative, quick witted, and entertaining.

He talked about his motivation for writing the book and the difficult process of getting it published. The book is being translated into German and he is very excited about that. He believes that the nation of Germany has been vilified in recent historical accounts for Nazism. He wants the world to know that not every German citizen was a Nazi and that there were in fact a large number of folks in country working against the Nazis.

There was a Q&A that was awesome and he talked about some stuff that his research turned up that is not in the book for various reasons. He talked about meeting and talking to folks that were contemporaries to Bonhoeffer and how they added to his picture of the man.

I think the church is going to release it as a podcast, I'll keep yall posted. If you haven't read this book, you'll enjoy it.
4/25/11 9:45 AM
CJJScout

Finally finished the book this morning. Excellent, well worth it.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.