UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> homeade bacon

1/19/11 10:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RGJuJitsu
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so a week ago i got some fresh pork bellies from a polish butcher shop near me. Rubbed it in a cure of kosher and pink salt, coriander, juniper, bay leaves, garlic cloves and brown sugar. put it in ziplock for a week and flipped every day, soaked in cold water for 4 hours, it is in oven now(no smoker)i sliced a piece off and fried it before i cooked it and holy crap this stuff is amazing. luckily i did about 9 lbs. the bellies were about 2 bucks a pound, good store bacon is 9/lb, 5 bucks worth of seasoning and its like im making money!
1/20/11 12:00 PM
crescentwrench
267 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I made some a while back.  I smoked it first though.  Turned out pretty damn good but I realized I need a deli slicer.  
1/20/11 12:12 PM
CR1chard
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pretty detailed account of my homemade bacon experience
1/21/11 12:41 PM
dennisv
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^ that looks awesome, I got to giver that a go.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.