UnderGround Forums

Anaconda No-Gi UnderGround >> Entry into truck position

1/20/11 5:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AgedCaviar
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How do?

I get to truck from the backmount and from side control. It just seems like their should be some way to get there from half-guard. I love the truck postion because it's not a commonly trained postion and it adds both an element of suprise for your opponent and novelty for students. 
1/21/11 10:31 AM
onyx2002
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You can get there from top side mount if you have isolated one of his legs and he for some odd reason has not really locked if half guard. You end up doing a twister roll on the same side as the leg you have locked down. So if you are on top and have both your legs locked around his right leg you would roll on his right side. It's tricky though because you have no control of his left leg at all you you have to grab something as you transition through the roll. For me this is kind of low percentage. You can also look up trickster as Eddie's move from top quarter guard.

from bottom half guard you can do it from an arm drag. As you sit up and pull him past you instead of trying to secure back mount you can roll over his back to the truck. The last part of the roll becomes the same as if you were just rolling to the truck from back mount. The hardest part is getting a really solid arm drag from half guard.
1/21/11 10:34 AM
AgedCaviar
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for the response.I'lll look at the trickster again and play around with your suggestions.
1/21/11 3:57 PM
jmil147
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"samurai" from quarter guard
1/22/11 1:49 PM
AgedCaviar

Thanks, jmil. Back to the book.
1/22/11 3:55 PM
Tap21
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also, watch the old youtube videos of the "neto roll" from top of half demonstrated by odie neto. He goes all the way to the back, but you can stop at the truck. It's a really easy way to get there from top of half with out too much pre-positioning of your legs. Just watch out because the bottom guy can time it and get on your back if you are not careful.
1/22/11 3:58 PM
GRANBYTRIPOD1
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

you can try to grapevine one leg from back mount and take the other leg in a gable grip with your hands for a wrestlers crossbody ride to a banana split. you can fall right back to the truck. I believe that bravo covers this in the book
1/22/11 6:33 PM
AgedCaviar

Thanks Tap and Granby.
1/23/11 9:26 AM
Shemhazai
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryan Hall's deep half and back attack DVDs cover it nicely.
1/23/11 11:41 PM
AgedCaviar

Thanks. Hall is a badass and I been meaning to improve my deep half. Phone Post
2/1/11 4:54 PM
Tap21
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GRANBYTRIPOD1 - you can try to grapevine one leg from back mount and take the other leg in a gable grip with your hands for a wrestlers crossbody ride to a banana split. you can fall right back to the truck. I believe that bravo covers this in the book

Yep in the book it is called "The Wrestler (DeSouza Control)" after Tony DeSouza. Awesome way to surprise a guy who feels safe in turtle.

Where in the hell is Tony DeSouza anyway?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.