UnderGround Forums

Roy Harris >> Roy Harris update - Jan 2011

1/21/11 1:12 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Roy Harris
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/21/11 1:14 AM

Hello Everyone, 

It's been some time since I wrote  H.I. update. So much has happened in the past six months that I'm not even sure where to begin. I'll give you an overview:

I. There are been a ton of belt promotions in recent months, from white to blue belt, from blue belt to purple, from purple belt to brown, and from brown to black belt. I've listed many of the new names on the website: www.RoyHarris.com. If your name is missing from the list, please e-mail me at royharris@runbox.com and let me know when and where you tested.

II. There have also been a number of new instructors added to the Harris International Team of Instructors. Some of them are "Grappling Instructors." Some of them are "Brazilian Jiu Jitsu" Instructors. Some of them are "Jeet Kune Do and Filipino Martial Arts" Instructors. Many of their names have also been added to the website. If your name is missing from the list, please e-mail me at royharris@runbox.com and let me know when and where you took the course.

III. A new instructional DVD is finished. "Harris Jiu Jitsu Volume 103, Grip Fighting" DVD is currently on sale. This pre-sale will last until early next week . We will begin shipping the DVD between February 5-8, 2011. This DVD is approximately 80 minutes in length. It focuses on theory,  seven (7) major grips, the eight (8) major gi grip locations, the six (6) minor gi grips locations, the seven (7) major no gi grips, some pincer locations, how to break free from these grips, 80+ techniques, and a few handfuls of training methods designed to help your gi and no gi ground grappling game go to the next level! Here is where you can get a glimpse of the DVD:

http://www.harrisacademy.tv/hjj_103.html

IV. Another DVD is on the way. The "Harris Jiu Jitsu Volume 135, The White to Blue Belt Curriculum" DVD will begin shipping the DVD on Tuesday, March 8, 2011. This instructional will be a two-DVD volume set. It will feature 3+ hours of instructional footage on theory, technique, training methods, sparring footage and more. More info coming soon!

Continued......

1/21/11 1:13 AM
Roy Harris
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

V. RoyHarris.com, Version 7, has been in development since October of 2010. We've made good progress and are planning to go live around February 8. I am very excited about this version of the site. One of the things that will make this version different from the others is the inclusion of A TON of video. Additionally, because I will now be able to create various user groups. Here are the user groups that I will start with:

1. General Public

2. Registered Users

3. Apprentice Grappling Instructors

4. Associate Grappling Instructors

5. JKD Level One Instructors

6. JKD Level Two Instructors

7. FMA Level One Instructors

8. FMA Level One Instructors

9. BJJ Level One Instructors

10. Harris Academy Instructors

11. Harris Academy Students

12. VIP's

Each user group will have its own video content. For example, I am in the process of filming all of the basic techniques, training and teaching methods for all of my Apprentice Grappling Instructors worldwide. This video archive will be a great "visual" resource. I will do the same for the other instructors as well.

I have also filmed some basic and advanced techniques for my BJJ, JKD and FMA students as well. I think I have a little over 6 hours of footage. Additionally, two instructors within my association will be sharing their knowledge with you as well: Mr. Chris Wright-Martell and Dr. Mark Cheng. I've got an hour of footage on both of them and will be sharing it with you shortly!

So, with all of the new video footage, the new articles, the new search engine, the new week-long self-defense course (free video), and the new look, I think you're going to be pleased with Version 7 of RoyHarris.com.

Additionally, I have six (6) other websites in development. Most of them will be up and running by March 1st! More on them in an upcoming email.

VI. Here is the 2011 seminar schedule:

- January 22:  Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Workshop in Naples, FL

- January 29-30:  Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Level One, Instructor Course in San Diego, CA (4 spaces are still available for those who want to attend. E-mail me at royharris@runbox.com for the details.)

- February 12, 19, 20, 26, 27:  Filipino Martial Arts Instructor Course in San Diego, CA  (3 spaces are still available for those who want to attend. E-mail me at royharris@runbox.com for the details.)

- February 7-11:  Apprentice Level One Grappling Instructor Course in Chula Vista, CA (5 spaces are still available for those who want to attend. E-mail me at royharris@runbox.com for the details.)

- March 2-6, 2011:  Filipino Martial Arts Instructor Course in Middletown, CT (4 spaces are still available for those who want to attend. E-mail me at royharris@runbox.com for the details.)

- March 26-27:  Brazilian Jiu Jitsu seminar in Trondheim, Norway

- March 28-April 1:  Apprentice Level One Grappling Instructor Course in Trondheim, Norway

Continued...

1/21/11 1:14 AM
Roy Harris

- April 16-17:  Brazilian Jiu Jitsu seminar in Erie, PA

- May 14:  Brazilian Jiu Jitsu seminar in Calgary, AB, Canada

- May 21-22:   Brazilian Jiu Jitsu seminar in Rochester, NY

- June 17-19:  Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Summer Camp in San Diego, CA (Focus will be on passing the guard, as well as countering submissions and sweeps from inside of the guard. Cost will be $150. E-mail me at royharris@runbox.com for the details.)

- July 6-10:  Jeet Kune Do / Filipino Martial Arts, Level Two, Instructor course, Erie, PA (You must be a current Level One JKD / FMA Instructor to attend this course. The focus of this course is specifically on trapping: Old style trapping and New style trapping [designed specifically for the MMA structure] Click this link for more info: http://www.royharris.com/associations/?id=2)

- August 6-7:  Brazilian Jiu Jitsu seminar in Middletown, CT

- September 2-3:  Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Fest in Bend, OR

- September 16-18:  Filipino Kali Seminar in San Diego, CA (Focus will be on disarms and counter disarms, blade and stick. Cost will be $150)

- October 22-23:  Brazilian Jiu Jitsu seminar in Erie, PA

- October 29-30:  Brazilian Jiu Jitsu seminar in Trondheim, Norway

- November 5-9:  Filipino Martial Arts, Level Two, Instructor Course in San Diego, CA

- November 12-16:  Associate Level Two Grappling Instructor Course in San Diego, CA

VII. The Harris Academy is now being managed, very professionally, by BJJ Black Belt and Level One JKD/FMA Instructor Mr. Jeff Baldwin. While there have been a lot of changes at the academy in the past few months, overall, the changes have been positive and for the good! I am excited to see where the academy is headed under the guidance and direction of Mr. Baldwin. For more info, please look here:

http://www.theharrisacademy.com/

VIII. My golf game has seen MAJOR improvements. Between a new swing that has added roughly 12 yards to my irons, to a new mindset that has helped lower my scores, I'm loving my new game :-D

Well, that out wraps things up for this update. I look forward to sharing more info with you the first week of February.

Roy Harris

1/21/11 1:50 AM
Roy Harris

TTT
1/21/11 1:50 AM
Roy Harris

TTT
1/23/11 3:20 PM
twinkletoesCT
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.