UnderGround Forums

Cigars, Beer & Poker Ground >> L.A. Poker Classic - Anyone playing?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

1/21/11 12:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
andre
670 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I played yesterday. $1,000,000 guarantee. $335 buy in. I built up a nice stack, then went card dead and sat out for many, many orbits. I felt I had picked up some credibility since I must have seemed to have tightened up, so when I looked down at T8s I felt it was a good hand to raise with from MP. Everyone folded but the BB, an older persian gentleman. A regular at the live tournaments. Here is where I screwed up. I have been playing too much online and not enough live, so I know I was a bit uncomfortable. I felt like I needed sunglasses, and usually I'm fine with being stared at when I'm "bluffing". The flop was 8 high. I c-bet and he called. The turn was a K and I made a large bet. He studied me forever and I almost called a clock but I wanted him to fold and I thought calling the clock would look weak. He finally called and I was crippled. He had J8. It was a stupid play to run on him, but the rest of the table thought I had aces. Before we turned them over, one of the better players told the old guy, "I hope you can beat aces." I think the play was ok but my discomfort really gave me away. Ill wear my sunglasses until Im comfortable live again.

The good news is that they are running non-stop single table satellites in the tourney room. They have $40, $80, and $120 SnGs running all the time. I wanted to play the $120 but it wasnt going so I played the $80 and took that down for about $400 (we chopped when there were two of us).

I'll be back again tomorrow. If you'll be there, let me know!
1/21/11 10:30 PM
JHR
204 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Andre...is your pokerstars chat on?

Im sweating you now...
1/21/11 10:50 PM
andre
670 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Then you saw my bad call with T9s. lol
1/21/11 10:50 PM
andre

its on...

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.