UnderGround Forums

LegalGround >> Legal help?

1/21/11 3:13 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Taz
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TylerWeathers.com

I got a minor in possession on my 20th birthday (im 23 now) in Santa Barbara county, California.

I never received anything in the mail about it, so I made a mistake and acted like it never happened.

I later got pulled over and the cop told me I had a suspended license, and I got a ticket for driving with a suspended license. I was a full time student, did not make much money, and wasn't able to pay for my ticket.

I later got another ticket for driving on a suspended license, bringing my total of amount due to the courts to about $2,500.

They told me as soon as I paid my fines my license will not be suspended anymore. I finally just paid off the $2,500, and now the DMV is telling me I have to go to Santa Barbara to see the judge for the MIP I got 3 years ago.

Will they try and suspend my license for a year for something that happened 3 years ago?

What should I do? Just show up and plead guilty for the judge, tell him my story and hope he doesn't suspend my license?
1/22/11 9:46 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jbapk
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Try contacting the prosecutors office and ask what they would recommend for sentencing if you plead guilty, and if you can live with it. If not, hire a lawyer.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.