UnderGround Forums

HolyGround >> Bible is the mark of the beast...

1/22/11 6:25 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
5pointer
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anybody ever heard this theory.... I had just gotten back into the bible too.. and then I hear this... nut jobs or do they have a point for those who have read this theory?
1/22/11 7:28 PM
the rooster

Uh, the only reference point for the mark of the beast is the bible. And the bible describes what it is. And it's not God's written word. It's a "mark" that is used as a form of currency in which "all men" must take to buy, sell or trade.

Some say it has already happened (and IMO that is and was only a partial fulfillment), others point to a future form of currency. Working in the financial arena, I see a big push towards a global currency and a big push to "retire" paper money. Both are huge attacks on the individuality and sovereignty of nations. To put everyone under a fiat system of money and then move to cashless and eventually some form of chip would be to me, the mark.
1/22/11 8:54 PM
5pointer

would it be impossible for the holy spirit to giver john a vision of the mark of the beast and for that vision to be the bible itself? i dont think so (i am not saying i believe this theory) but certainly with God it is possible. if the mark were a global currency or say an impantable chip would that be something the world would worship? i dont think so. what is the word of God? Jesus is the word of God correct? Not some book.. king james born in 1566 of the 6th seat of stewert collected the scrolls and then Constinstine authorized the 66 books and called it the word of God - has this false word of God taken the place of the real word of God in the hearts of christians? Also the beast was made to speak... how many different sects of "christianity" can make the bible say whatever they want it to. just some food dor thought.. there is alot more to this but anyways.....
1/22/11 10:58 PM
yusul
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

is not the bible unless you can only pay for food with bibles.

1/22/11 11:14 PM
5pointer

you are making the assumption that its money - it doesnt say that in the least
1/22/11 11:34 PM
yusul
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

for one thing if the bible is the mark of the beast, then technically those who worship the actually beast itself, would be worshipping king james? constantine?

Revelation 13:17
And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
Revelation 13:16-18 (in Context) Revelation 13 (Whole Chapter)

Revelation 14:9
And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
Revelation 14:8-10 (in Context) Revelation 14 (Whole Chapter)
1/23/11 1:12 PM
Grakman

The NIV is the mark of the beast. The rest of the Bibles are O.K.
1/23/11 2:35 PM
the rooster

Jesus is the word of God but Jesus quoted from the OT and His followers wrote the NT. Nope, bible is not the mark but the bible explains what the mark is and it's a form of currency. the "worship" revolves around man's worship or adoration of money, his greed for money, and is surrending himself to the wordly system, which is flawed and will imprison him.
3/28/11 12:14 PM
figure four

making the sign of the cross... is receiving the mark of the beast

right hand to forehead...

3/28/11 2:15 PM
Robert Wynne
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

figure four - making the sign of the cross... is receiving the mark of the beast

Have you made this sign before?
3/28/11 4:39 PM
inlikeflynn
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

figure four - making the sign of the cross... is receiving the mark of the beast

Let me guess, Catholicism is a religion of demons?
3/28/11 8:34 PM
TheStewedOwl
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/28/11 8:36 PM
5pointer - king james born in 1566 of the 6th seat of stewert collected the scrolls and then Constinstine authorized the 66 books and called it the word of God

You do know you have that backwards, right?
3/29/11 12:31 AM
TheStewedOwl

In Revelations John also refers to the Mark of the Lamb which is placed on the true believers, in contrast to the Mark of the Beast. The Mark of the Lamb (God's Mark), is referenced more often in Revelations (and elsewhere in the NT) than the Mark of the Beast, but is rarely considered in the literalist, physical manner that the Mark of the Beast is by premillenialists, who have seen the Mark of the Beast as a physical mark on the forehead or a type of currency, or even a microchip.

According to a crackpot ideology like "the Holy Bible is the Mark of the Beast," what would the Mark of the Lamb then be?
3/30/11 1:04 AM
the rooster

The Mark of the Lamb is a spiritual mark, the mark of the beast is physical (although I believe it will have dark supernatural implications).

I think that the Name of Jesus is placed on the believer and that is the "mark". Through the application of the gospel (death, burial and resurrection) we "put on" Christ. So we bear His name and work.

The Mark of the beast is a form of currency that ties those who submit to the man made, global govt, with all its humanistic goals and anti God designs.

Oddly, I see the internationalist pushing hard for global govt and a new global currency. We also have the technology to put a new currency on a chip and put it in "us".

We shall see.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.