UnderGround Forums

Scott Sonnon >> Scott!

1/19/02 2:57 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
samboboy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 19-Jan-02
Russian Judo

Scott you should know better than to post people's IP addresses without consent. You should probably edit your posts. People's disent is not a reason to invade their privacy or disclose personal information.
1/22/02 9:31 PM
DAT

Edited: 22-Jan-02
Hey Scott, new to the forum and just discovering Russian martial arts. I've been to your site and read all the threads lately. I'm wondering if you could give me the reader's digest answer to a few questions. I apoligize to any of you out there who may already know the answers to these questions but I'm sure there are others out there who are like me, in the infant stages of learning about ROSS. 1. Sambo, Kadochnikov,Sistema and Ross. How do they relate historically if at all? Is there a chicken/egg relationship to these disciplines? 2. I notice from some information on your threads that athletes from non martial arts backgrounds benefitting from ROSS. Does this imply that cross training with other grappling/striking martial arts will not hamper the learning curve when learning ROSS but rather complement each other? Is it safe to say that you can learn ROSS as a stand alone system or you can learn ROSS to amplify whatever system you have been practicing? 3. I am starting up at a new school and will be studying grapping arts for the first time after years of mostly striking arts. What ROSS training aids would you suggest? Tendon strengthening? 47 years old and 300lbs. 4. Finally, I am in the Atlanta area. Is there any good news for me and my fellow southerners as far as getting direct exposure to ROSS instruction? Thanks very much for your time. Keep u
1/23/02 11:35 AM
DC8BALL

Edited: 23-Jan-02
DAT, I know I 'm not Scott, but I figured I could save you and Scott some time if I give you some preliminary information to chew on. " Is it safe to say that you can learn ROSS as a stand alone system or you can learn ROSS to amplify whatever system you have been practicing?" Yes, the unique training methodologies of ROSS make this a possability. "What ROSS training aids would you suggest?" http://www.amerross.com/aarmacs/grappling.html I shall let Scott answer the other questions I 'm not a history guru my friend, but I hope I have helped. Limit your options, limit your Survival. Dani'l Chomycia

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.