UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mike Guymon says he done!!!!!

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

1/23/11 2:38 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GutturalReef
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.ufc.com/media/fftt-johnson-guymon-winner

Twenty seconds in....
1/23/11 2:44 AM
futon1
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not surprised. At the end of the fight he said "it's okay, there's a load off my shoulders", or something like that. I thought that was it at that point. I wish him luck in the future.
1/23/11 2:45 AM
ADAMantium
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He said he is "Finally free" after the fight on Twitter or Facebook too.
1/23/11 2:50 AM
kokid951
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

why would he say he's finally free? And there's a load off his shoulders :-/ I wish joker the best too but his opponents don't beat him he beats himself. He's way better than his last two opponents Phone Post
1/23/11 2:50 AM
kokid951

why would he say he's finally free? And there's a load off his shoulders :-/ I wish joker the best too but his opponents don't beat him he beats himself. He's way better than his last two opponents Phone Post
1/23/11 3:07 AM
FunkNoobiest

he is not way better than his recent opponents...you can't make excuses every time.
1/23/11 5:04 AM
jayu
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ThePundit, well said! Keep your head up Mike and be proud of your accomplishments man- true warrior and MMA pioneer..
1/23/11 5:09 AM
ADAMantium
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joker is a cool dude and he has many accomplishments. If he feels like retirement from MMA is right then good for him and good luck.
1/23/11 6:17 AM
Blazing Knees

sigh.

Issues
1/23/11 9:11 AM
nyhcloyalty
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Always a fan of the Joker and if he feels retirement is what's right, then good for him. He's got his own school and many young kids to teach, so he will always be around MMA.
1/23/11 9:42 AM
BLACKBUDDAH

Justinmacd - Being a fighter must be a terrifying job. You're nervous all the time, constantly thinking.

It's like you can never really relax.

If thats how you view fighting maybe it's not for you but i love the adrenaline of knowing i'm going to get punched in the face and will have the opportunity to deliver a few in return.
1/23/11 9:43 AM
BLACKBUDDAH

Guymon keep your head up and enjoy whats next in life for you.
1/23/11 10:31 AM
jjj2121

Blazing Knees -  sigh.

Issues
Correct.  Nobody wants to be the one to say it because he's a nice guy.

He's not all there mentally or emotionally.

A loss being "great" and "a huge loss off of your shoulders"?  If you told Zuffa that you didn't want to fight anymore after the Roberts fight, I'm pretty sure they would have cut you loose without incident.

He's a very good KOTC level fighter, a great vet in a smaller org for the up and comers to test themselves against, not a damn thing wrong with that.  I have a feeling once he takes some time and gathers his emotions, he'll be back in KOTC.

1/23/11 10:38 AM
FunkNoobiest

FunkNoobiest - he is not way better than his recent opponents...you can't make excuses every time.

I really enjoyed his victory over Yoshida. I bought that fight, which was on the undercard, because of him. He is obviously a legit fighter.
1/23/11 10:53 AM
the professor of mma

Just can't stand to see the gy cry anymore. I feel embarassed for him. Good luck, tho-
1/23/11 11:09 AM
Blazing Knees

With all the guys out there bleeding, sweating, training, dreaming about being in the UFC, to hear this is just, well, I'm not sure.
1/23/11 11:11 AM
Mike Honcho

great guy but mentally is just too unstable to fight in the UFC. I wish him the best in his future!
1/23/11 12:45 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
1298 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mike Honcho - great guy but mentally is just too unstable to fight in the UFC. I wish him the best in his future!
I remember he couldnt wait to get in . It was his dream . Now he wants out . I understand .

1/23/11 12:49 PM
Fake Rassler

Wasn't he fighting in the UFC like 3 months after his suicide attempt or something? Honestly, I don't know that it was the best time for him to fight with so much pressure. Was someone trying to do him a favor? Not saying that to be a dick, but it really didn't seem like a wise move to me at the time for Joker's mental health.
1/23/11 12:50 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
1298 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FunkNoobiest - he is not way better than his recent opponents...you can't make excuses every time.

1/23/11 12:51 PM
Fake Rassler

He definitely isn't better than Roberts. Robers is NO JOKE ladies and gentleman
1/23/11 2:00 PM
SudburyBJJ

Mike Guymon is a good guy. I wish him all the best in his post fight career. I think he'd make a great trainer/coach.

Good luck with your future plans Joker!!
1/23/11 2:04 PM
Hong Kong Phooey

SudburyBJJ - Mike Guymon is a good guy. I wish him all the best in his post fight career. I think he'd make a great trainer/coach.

he is . good teacher also. just wasnt meant for pressure 

1/23/11 2:07 PM
Trigguh Mike

I've been a big fan of the joker by the way he carries and represents himself. Great warrior and I wish him the best in the future. Stay strong mike! Phone Post
1/23/11 2:18 PM
HammerHands
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hong Kong Phooey - 
SudburyBJJ - Mike Guymon is a good guy. I wish him all the best in his post fight career. I think he'd make a great trainer/coach.

<b>he is . good teacher also. just wasnt meant for pressure 
</b> 

Wish MIke The Best in whatever chooses to do!!

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.