UnderGround Forums

Florida Underground >> MMAC Grappling Tournament- 1-22-11.

1/23/11 4:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Twister Trent
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So yesterday, me and a group of kids I've been coaching and teaching some Jiu Jitsu to, competed in the MMAC grappling tournament at the Sundome in Tampa. I can say I'm definitely a proud coach seeing that they ALL received first place in one division, and 3 of the kids cleared out TWO whole divisions! This was each of their's first tournament and they did phenomenal! To add to that greatness, I competed and won the experts division as shown in the video, plus a new good friend of mine Vagner Rocha cleared out the Absolute Gi and won the Absolute No-Gi as well, in the Finals (shown in the video above) he faced Jiu Jitsu Black Belt and former UFC Fighter Matt Arroyo, don't let the video fool you, though. Vagner won in the last second under an official ruling from the IBJJF officials, and was declared the victor, so congrats to you Vagner and much respect to Matt Arroyo for putting on a GREAT match! For this victory I want to thank my team at The Jungle MMA, Mike Lee, Seth Petruzelli, Tom Lawlor, Seth Sacco, Seth Goodley, and Central Florida MMA for the extra gym time! Much appreciation to each one of you. I want to also thank UG'er Roo Badley for giving me GREAT advice when it really counted, much respect. So, MMAC was one of the most well ran tournaments I've ever competed at, and I think everyone should find the time to compete under them! Much love, - "Twister" Trent Jackson. <3
1/23/11 8:07 PM
Twister Trent
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And additional congrats going out to UG'ers Matt Dawley and William Johnson, they rocked that tournament! Brawlinbarrister(WJ) submitted a purple belt and Dawley did awesome against UFC vet Corey Hill!
1/24/11 10:09 PM
Roo Badley
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looking sharp Twister Trent, complete domination, and thanks for the shout out. Glad I could be of assistance, but you're the one doing the work and deserve all the credit. Keep working harder than everyone else and you'll notice yourself winning a lot of these matches. Congrats Bro, you Da Mang!!!
1/25/11 4:31 PM
Twister Trent

Thanks Roo, that lengthen your line advice, pure genius.
1/25/11 4:51 PM
Roo Badley
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wish I could take credit for that gem. I actually got that from a book called, "Zen in the Martial Arts" by Joe Hyams. Here's a link from Amazon where you can purchase a used copy for 88 cents + shipping:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0553275593/ref=sr_1_1_up_1_mm_olp?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1295991695&sr=1-1&condition=used 

Lots of good stuff in that book. Good luck with training and coaching, but as Renzo Gracie once said, "The harder I train, the lucky I get!"

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.