UnderGround Forums

Judo/Sambo UnderGround >> Sambo 70 significantly damaged in a fire.

1/24/11 2:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
dynamo
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As if there was not enough bad news coming out of Moscow today. Igor Kurinnoy informed that Sambo-70 was on fire. They successfully evacuated everyone, they think it started in the sauna/swimming pool area.

It was an incredible place to train with 5 huge training areas,museum. When I trained there it was common to see 150-200 judo and/or sambo guys on the mat. Former and current World and/or Olympic medalists as well as up and comers were always there. I'm surprised I survived.
1/24/11 6:12 PM
Punk Dobbs
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That sucks, hopefully they can rebuild it. Maybe you can post some pics on this thread of the way it looked as a memorial.
1/24/11 6:49 PM
Missing Glove Tape
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That sucks. It's on the same level as the Kodokan burning down. Hopefully the damage is minimal and/or they rebuild as soon as possible.
1/24/11 10:52 PM
JoshuaResnick
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that really does suck... any idea what they plan to do now?
1/27/11 4:37 PM
¤Unique¤
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They should make sure Vladimir Putin gets to know about this.
2/26/11 8:45 PM
SamboSteve
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have not been able to find any news about this on the russian news sites...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.